London Kilomathon 2012

Has anyone else signed up for the London Kilomathon? It will be my first distance above Half Marathon and I'm just hoping to do it in under 2 hours. I assume being in Lee Valley it's very flat and must be quite a fast course?

Comments

• yep, but only the 6.5K not the 26K.

My first ever race image

• Did anyone experience the joke that was the London kilomathon today!!. I think it took me longer to get back to the start in their bus than it did to actually run the race. Never, never again!. The course was completely uninspiring and I spent half the run dodging dog walkers who appeared to be oblivious that anything was going on. The organisation was truely shocking and to be told when you have just run 26k that the bus driver can't drive due to the fact that is is 'on a break' frankly sends me into a fit of rage!!!!!!. Particularly as they had the cheek to actually charge you ??3 for the privilege!
  • PiersPiers ✭✭✭

Stick to events organised by running clubs; your money isn't then paying someones salary. Money spent on the race is £ out of their pocket.

• Thanks for the advice...I will do. Just checked on their websitenoticed that haven't even got the date right on the event and has just posted the results for Sunday 27th oct!....says it all, they don't know their arse from their elbow!!!
  • Piers wrote (see)

Stick to events organised by running clubs; your money isn't then paying someones salary. Money spent on the race is £ out of their pocket.

Great piece of advice.  Today was an absolute disgrace, the WORST EVENT I have EVER ran.  If you need a bus back to the start 'pay extra' although no buses unless you were happy to stand in a field freezing for over an hour after running 26.2k!, if you want the date on your medal 'pay extra'. (most at least have the date on the ribbon)  This is no doubt so they could buy a bulk job lot and use them for all the events!  Baggage collection, just throw all the bags in a field and let anybody pick whatever bag they want!  Diabolical situation!  Really pi$$ed off about today!

• Yes the aftercare was a joke and have asked for my money back. My wife did not get to the finsh area till 10:10 and that was the first bus to leave Lee Valley. The bus episode/ the baggage left lying around and the so called wonderful watch looks more suited for a kids present from a christmas cracker. I would suggest that eveyone writes and complains and ask for their money back. What was a shame was the start at Lee Valley was great as never been there before and enjoyed the route as was a mixture of road at start then trail around canal and park. You could not get lost and there were plenty of marshalls / first aiders and water / gels if needed. Shame about finish as was expecting to be in water park not in a field the other side.