Problems with Salomon Speedcross 3

Need a bit of advice. I have been running regularly for about 6 months now and recently participated in the Great North Run and a local 10k. I live in the countryside and since the mucky weather has arrived I have been running off road. About a month and a half ago I purchased a pair of Salomon Speedcross 3 shoes. These have rubber spiky soles and I find they are very good for this sort of running. I have been using them regularly but the problem I have is that I am limited to about 4 miles of running. After this I find that I begin to feel the spikes irritating the bottom of my feet and if I continue to run my feet go completely to pins and needles and become too painful to continue running. I originally thought that this may be due to them being laced too tight but I have tried different tightness. I have found that sometimes the problem is not so bad and I have been able to run about 6 miles before the issue occurs. Do other people have this problem with this type of shoe? Is it simply a matter of my feet needing to get used to the shoes (I must have used them more than 10 times now)? Would a thicker or better inner sole resolve this problem? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments