Dilemma

Hi everyone....I'm here to seek for your advice....I'm 20 years old student.....last sunday on 28/10/2012, I  joined 30 km marathon but  only completed 21 km mileage ....and that was my first marathon after 5 years..I only take one month to do the training and my training was not so consistence......I stop joining marathon at the age of 15 years old....and my last marathon was only 5 km...this Sunday (4/11/2012) I have another marathon event which is 12km marathon....the problem is wheter I should go to the event or not...because from my reading....I should take 4 weeks rest before I start to race again.....I really need your advice to help me to make a decision...and my body is still in recovery stage...thank you

Comments

• Hi freshy, what do you mean by marathon?  You seem to be using it for events that are not marathons - it's 26.2 miles or 42 kilometres...

Anyway, it's not hard to give you advice because you seem to already know the answer! - you are not sufficiently rested if you are 'still in recovery stage'.  If you haven't really had time to train (you say this), then why not skip these longer distances and go and do a parkrun for fun instead? image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    questforspeed wrote (see)

Hi freshy, what do you mean by marathon?  You seem to be using it for events that are not marathons - it's 26.2 miles or 42 kilometres...

Anyway, it's not hard to give you advice because you seem to already know the answer! - you are not sufficiently rested if you are 'still in recovery stage'.  If you haven't really had time to train (you say this), then why not skip these longer distances and go and do a parkrun for fun instead? image

Everything he said...

I'm sure that 5km can sometimes feel like a marathon but it's not image

• Hi questforspeed and Emmy_H.....Thank you for responding to my post....actually I'm still new...and I didn't know about the difference....anything related to long distance running...I just call it marathon...heheheheh image...but at least now I know the truth..tq so much...but...I had collected the bip for my next event...and I had paid for it...I know I shouldn't join the event because I'm still in recovery stage...and it will make my  injury become worse...I have blisters on my feet.....but if I insisted to join this event...is there any advice to make myself  recover faster...thank you so much....