london marathon 2013 accommodation advice

Hi

I'm attempting my first marathon!! And after some advice on reasonably priced accommodation for the Saturday

I saw some mention of a Greenwich school B&B - does anyone know about this or have any other suggestions

Thanks

Comments

• Carly, these people open their homes to runners and apparently they are very good and very reasonable, last year the contact was a lady called Julie, 07754087446, hope this helps and have a great time

• Hi Carly, we have stayed with the parents of this school 2 years running and can highly recommend them.  The school is All Saints on Blackheath and the main contact is Phillippa Keogh who can be contacted on /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gifhillippa@thekirks.info]phillippa@thekirks.info  .  If you mail Phillippa she will put you on a list and contact you nearer the time to allocate you a family.  The cost for the past 2 years has been £40 b&b and £50 dinner, b&b per person.  The dinner is at the quaint school hall which overlooks one of the start points of the VLM (quite daunting to see the night before) and includes 5 x homemade pasta dishes along with several salads, desserts and drinks of your choice (alcoholic for non-runners).  I do remember the first year that we stayed with them I woke up to hear to overhead helicopter reporting from the startline not 100m away and not having to stress about how we were getting to the start.

It really is a great way to experience the VLM, please do include the meal the evening before to make it truely memorable.

Liz

• hi

thanks for the advice - I can't seem to get the contact link to work though.. any ideas?

• Hi Carly I got through to Phillippa on this email address.  They are making the list and will set places in the new year.  I got jittery and booked a hotel!

phillippa@thekirks.info

• Thanks Gaz, you beat me to it.