Thursday 1st November 2012

Morning

Todays lyrics:Have you seen the old man In the closed-down market

Yesterdays lyrics: Bruce Springsteen and 'My Hometown'

What:4M Fartlek on a morning with smiry rain up here.

Why: Cold still hanging on me. Hopefully not get anyworse. My efforts weren't' lung bursting' by any means today.

Booked tickets yesterday the for Indoor athletics in new Glasgow Indoor Arena for January 13.

A fair bit to catch up on

Comments

• Morning!

Read the lyrics and thought there must be some big marathon on.

Was just going to start the thread when this one appeared.

Had a bad night: for some reason ankle is red, swollen and painful again. Hope to get GP neighbour to have a look later.

I've never been to indoor athletics of any note: something I must rectify.

Have a good Thursday!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning ale.Nah no big marathonimage I haven't been to the Glasgow indoor athletics for a few year s, but really looking forward to it.

• Morning.

Hope you can fight it off NZC.

Alehouse - you're due to see the consultant again soon aren't you?

Tom - I shall look it up as I may be able to persuade OH to travel that far. Is it on the cycle paths?

Glad the cold's no worse birks - I have similar myself now.

What:                 easy run
    Why:                  new month, new start
    Last hard:          being sensible
    Last rest:           31/10

Lyrics - yes, again image

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • LMH: you are quite right,,, consultant tomorrow to remove stitches.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

AH: Hope that consultant has some answers.

Tom: Nice mileage last month, its great to see you enjoying  your runing again.

Last nights Pyramid session was pleasingly hard & fast! 800/1000/1200/1200/1000/800 off 2 minute recoveries went (time/pace)

3.05/3.51 - 3.50/3.50 - 4.35/3.49 - 4.37/3.52 - 3.45/3.45- 2.57/3.40

Was pleased that my pace actually speeded up during the session, mostly due to the fact that I was starting to catch the guy in front of me, who just happened to be the club mate I caught in the 10K last Friday, you can't beat chasing down a rabbitimage October mileage 202 which is my first month past 200 in 3 years.

What: Nowt
    Why: due a rest / racing tomorrow
    Last Hard: Last Night
    Last Rest: 20/10

Lyrics: I set a new PB of 4 consecutive days 

• Morning!

AH...  good luck with those stitches.

DD...  Ease back on the Lyrics - you need some rest days or you'll pick up an injury.

What: Nothing

Why: Rest  - I'll be ready for a lightest of light jogs tomorrow or Saturday

Last Hard: Sunday

Last Rest: Ever since

Lyrics -  Was dragged to a concert by my sister once... saw this song sung live from a front row seat.

Off to work now. Have a good day all.

• What: JS session with group
    Why: It's Thursday
    Last Hard?
    Last Rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: no

Alehouse; oh dear (but may be just time for stitches to come out.)

• Hi all.

What: Failed to go to the gym this morning.

Why: Sleep.

Last hard: Tuesday.

Last rest: Yesterday.

Lyrics: Yes! We sang this at school, I think the songwriter is local. Surprised I didn't get yesterday's.
  • Hi all, just reading and seen the lyrics, takes me back to times of family parties when everyone had "their song" to sing, put a smile on my face,cheers,enjoy your day!
  • alehouse: ouch. That sounds rather bad image

A lot of really solid running / training going on. I seem to have lots of motivation at the moment to get up in the middle of the night into the cold and wind and run image. I wonder if it's the extra hour that makes it so much easier?

GGG: I should have known yesterday's lyrics too!

what: 5 easy miles on a cold & windy morning
    why: base
    last hard: last week
    last rest: 27/10
    lyrics: yes

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

pretty sure I know todays lyrics.

alehouse, oh I hope its ok,

I also need to get along to indoor athletics some day

what: I am going to slap on some music, and pound the streets up to 6 miles I have decided!

why: did club run tuesday this one is for me

last hard: tuesday

last easy: yesterday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Hello there!

Lyrics: yes, one of those songs that has me warbling the chorus.

LMH: Yes NVH 10M is mainly on cycle paths - fast and flat and reasonably sheltered two lap course.

DD: very encouraging pyramid session

This morning effort was 15.1M at 8:00 pace exactly. Wasn't really looking forward to doing this on my own but did a multilap course to keep it interesting and ended up with a comfortable and enjoyable run.
  • Decent run there Tom!Are you tapering for the weekend now?!

Re lyrics, yes, often sung in primary schools: its in the list of songs that I teach!

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

afternoon all
    nice midweeker Tom.
    DD - good work busting 200miles, nice session too yesterday.
    AleH - moving the right way. I think the inflamed red thing will be there for many more months to come but will eventually settle down.
    What - 4 tempo miles along the Thames (Westminster way) in 28:44
    Why - burst of speed + no club session tonight, coaching small people again
    last hard - grinding out 7miles down to Canary Wharf yesterday
    last rest - 2 weeks?

October miles were about ~180, 27 out of 31 days, 3 missed with the tweaked hamstring

lyric , no idea, didnt know yesterdays either.

• Afternoon..

Birkmyre..I too have been sniffing on and off for a couple of weeks  but it doesnt seem to be coming to anything...plenty of vit c and echinacea keep things at bay for me

Ale , heres hoping for a more posittive improvement ..you really must be getting totally p***ed off

DD good session how far are you racing ? 

Tom that really was a very good impressive run

RW seems the legs are gradually getting back to normal

What : 6 miles in 53 mins

Why: keeping it easy racing Sunday

Last Hard : 21st

Last rest : 30th

Oct miles :185 all nice and easy

• Tom - it just so happens that we're staying with friends in Bourne the weekend of the NVH 10 so it looks as though I may be returning to some very old running routes! A very good midweek run from you there.

Alehouse - hopefully the consultant will be able to reassure you.

OH - hope the weather isn't too bad for JS.

NN - where are you racing?

Dustin - hope the youngsters continue to be enjoyable.

chickadeee - I think the extra hour is definitely a help in the mornings still.

6.5 miles for me in the wind and rain but still nice to be out there.

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    LMH - even if you don't do the NVH, Bourne Woods are very inviting. Several years ago when I was a bit more committed I used to drive over there (60m round trip) to do a 2hr run over the hills and trails on a Sunday - a great place for running.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

evening

oh the fact these lyrics are sung in schools makes me feel old!

anyway, 6 miles d&d, very nice

tom nice run!

lmh, yes it is nice to be out there I agree

my October miles 59, trust me thats high for this year!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Tom: Thats a good midweek 15.1M .

Martin: Welcome to the thread.

• Tom - we used to walk the dog in Bourne Woods - I've never run there though as it is a drive from my frind's house and they are decidedly non athletic - thanks for the tip though. Have you run any of the races at Grimesthorpe Castle?

Wabo - glad you enjoyed your run.

• Just 5.8 with group tonight
    DArk cool but windless

• Evening all, having a rest day today, although managed more ladder inspired cross training today

No idea with the lyrics... again... image

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Just back from a dark, dark run... realy enjoyed it, which suprised me.... 7.25m done.

Been AWOL for a coule of days, yesterday was a rest day as went to see Skyfall, allI will said is, it was great.

Tues sesion was a long warm up and cool down with 2 x 3 x 1k with 200m rec and 400m between sets for a total of 10.5m

Take care

• Walked Geordie again. Cold, drizzly.

• Good running to anyone who got out there, and I'm jealous of Tom's 15 miler.

Nowt here today, all I've done is sit on my backside all day and eat biscuits in meetings. That was at work as well as in the evening. How can you tell me I'm lonely?

Tomorrow is another day. Maybe you can show me something that will make me change my mind.

• Great to see you're back and running well. I couldn't dream of running that far at the moment. Good news indeed.