Monday 5th November 2012

Morning from a cold and frosty West of Scotland.

Todays lyrics:The straight jacket of true luv's fine

What:5M Fartlek

Why: its my Monday session

Right some more catching up to do.

Back later.

Comments

• Morning! I suspect it's cold and frosty here, too, but not planning on finding out!

Yesterday's lyrics were "I'm still standing", Elton John.

Yesterday's adventure was indeed to the Royal Oak, but was back home within the hour, which to be honest was long enough as just couldn't get foot comfortable. Need to repeat the exercise later in the week to see if there is any improvement!

Well done RFJ: just a shame it wasn't accurate ...or drier!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

Should have got yesterday's lyrics.

Hope your hamstring feels better this morning Dustin, hills and mud were guaranteed to upset mine when it was bad.

Alehouse - must have been nice to have a glimpse of normality!

I had a rotten night, tooth was so painful that it was painkillers before bed and again around 0130hrs however this morning the tooth is fine but I have a rotten sore throat - can't see the point in sitting in the dentist's with no evidence of infection (my face isn't swollen) so guess I shall just have to wait for it to flare up again. In the meantime even though my RHR is back to normal this morning I daren't do any exercise for fear of tipping the immune system over the edge again. Fed up or what?

What:              nothing
    Why:               see above
    Last hard:       sleeping
    Last rest:        4/11

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

What:  bonfire & fireworks

Why:  it's November 5th

Last hard: 28 Oct

Last easy: Yesterday

Last rest: Saturday

Lyrics - no.

Hope the weather's good with you all too.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hello all,
    LmH - I can sense your frustration, hoping that you pick up soon.
    what - probably nothing, was going to do 3 easy lunchtime, but hamstring still quite sore, so stretching again today & have fireworks thing to go to tonight. 
    why - being cautious
    last hard - stretching thios morning
    last rest - today, most likely

have a good week

• LMH lets hope happy days are soon heading your way. I get Christmas day off, period.

Tom: Glad you enjoyed your return to the racing fold.

RFJ Nice 10 miles.

Dustin your XC sounds horrid, joys to look forward to next year for me I guess.

What: Cycled 43K pre dawn, club run tonight
    Why: Its Monday
    Last Hard: Wednesday
    Last Rest: 1/11

• LMH: image  commiserations

some nice tough racing yesterday RFJ and Dustin image

what: 6.5 slow miles
    why: hoping to build back to 50 average
    last hard: dunno
    last rest: Friday
    lyrics: no

• What: maybe short run after work

LMH poor you, toothache is not nice
  • Hello all,

What: 9ishk home later.
    Why: A special bonfire night Home Run. Not quite sure what's in store...
    Last hard: Yesterday's treadmill.
    Last rest: Friday.

Lyrics: Not a clue.

Been distracting myself at work thinking up ways to fundraise for my VLM place. I sent the pledge form off today, soon it will be official! Sympathy for you LMH, toothache is impossible to ignore.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

lmh,wishyou better thats just rotten for you

well, I may get a clubplace for vlm... And next year I will be 55, which means 4.15 I think is the GFA, ok so I need to train! Thought long and hard about it I have to say..

what: rest day and tai chi is all

why: hard gym sunday and race sat oh and another race tomorrow

last hard yesterday

last easy: weds

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

oh how did I not totally get madness lyrics!!! Kick!

• Well, I know it wasn't very sensible but when I left work I just needed to run so I took Grace out with no distance, time or pace in mind and ended up coming home 6 miles later. It was glorious out, bright and still and so far I feel much better for it - just hope I don't end up with another night of face ache as a consequence.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all

Rest day here as off to fireworks in a bit with Jnr

Well done Dusting for the XC yesterday

Lyrics - No

Take care

• Glad you got out, LMH: they're the best sort of runs... Unplanned, no self-inflicted pressure!

Wabo: hope you get the VLM place! Exciting! How many times have you done it before? Will you be altitude training this time?!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Well 3 cool and very dark miles this evening with occasional firework to destroy my night vision on a moonless starlit night.
    Navigation - if I hit grass I had run off the pathimage
    All good fun

Good on you LMH - no daylight afer work here - dark at 4:30!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

alehouse, 9 times so this is my long awaited number 10, has a ring about it and should be my gfa! I wont be altitude training because all three of my lovelies in Peru are coming here in March, which means my training will be interesting!

lmh, thats nice to read!

• At least there'll be no jet lag for you Wabo! And you'll get a full cross country season in this year!