Strictly 2012

Comments

• I wonder how long Brendan will keep fawning over Victoria
  • the dude abides wrote (see)

it was an outrage. i threw down my remote control in disgust.

by 'eck, it's hilly wrote (see)
    I wonder how long Brendan will keep fawning over Victoria

I know. I feel mean for thinking/saying it but I'm getting bored of her neediness. Do you think he's like that all the time or just on Saturday because she gets extra nervous about the live show? I thought he was very sweet with Michelle Williams but he didn't seem to get on with Lulu at all.

• Do you remember him with Sarah manners? It was quite an early series but he was dreadful. Reduced her to tears and they had blazing rows. I think he has mellowed s lot and not just on camera.
  • Well, I don't think anybody has gone that is a total travesty yet.

Fern, Victoria, Richard and probably Colin were the bottom four and although they go easy on Vicky she was last but one and clearly Richard was last given his Dis- aster

I tend to agree with most on Denise, just can;t warm to her at the moment but it was the best dance. Michael has really come on BUT he has Latin next week. So could be a problem but the confidence gain may help.

Back to the bottom four though. I think Colin was slightly unlucky but Fern and Victoria obviously got the votes.

Richard was always going to improve in the dance-off. Short of ending up on his backside he couldn't do worse. I think if Colin had repeated his first performance he would have stayed. His problem was his dance-off was pretty poor and he looked all over the place. Not sure if the pressure got to him but in the end I couldn't really argue. I thought he was very magnanimous though and his farewell speech was spot on. Not sure if Kristina has let him down as such but i do feel she was a bit short for him. Natalie or perhaps Erin might have suited him better.

Next week could be Richard (he really isn't that good) or Fern who has plateaued at a not very good level. I think Victoria can occasionally produce a good dance (usualyl ballroom) which might keep her going for a week or two and she certainly thanked the viewers for voting for her. Also still not sure about Nicky.

Just to be controversial, I thought the judges were about right on Louis (I know Boo hiss). Having said that I think he is the only man in the running for the final this year unless Michael can translate his ballroom into Latin.

Louis, Kimberley and Denise at the moment are top three.

However Dani is looking good (that was a good jive), Lisa still in there but not sure she has improved so much the last two weeks and Michael is now a contender BUT what about his Latin.

• James is injured so Denise is dancing with Ian until he can dance again.
  • TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭

Oh my Dog, to have Ian back on a Sat night would be fabulous, hope James is out for a wek or two image  But then, we won't get his Wednesday night critique with Zoe image

• I like Ian's critique-ing but Zoe's fawning all over him turns my stomach I'm afraid image  My absolute fave is Craig - for all his supposed "nastiness" I've always thought he was by far and away the most honest and actually if they listen to what he says and don't just boo-hiss him he usually has something useful to say. This year Darcey is running him a close 2nd though while the other 2 just whittle away......

Wish I'd seen Louis' dance now as it seems to even have divided the Strictly RW lounge image  I will have to try and find 5 mins to watch it on iplayer over the next couple of days.........

I'm thinking Fern should be next to go - she doesn't seem to be able to bring any different characterisation to her dances and just sort of wafts (fairly) elegantly through them which worked well at first but is now a bit one-trick-pony'ish..... How she could be so gentle to Killer Queen the other night left me quite disturbed....

• Couldnt agree with you more about Zoe's fawning Podds, and about Craig. So this weekend we have no Bruce and the addition of the lovely Ian. Can't ask for much more than that. I'm Sodbury Slogging so will have to catch up on Sunday night.

• Hi folks - coming out of lurking mode! I thought Zoe said that James hoped to be dancing on Saturday night, so we might not get to see Ian dance with Denise, apart from in training. It's a shame, as I'd love to see Ian back as one of the professional dancers.

I agree with most of the comments here, though I really like Richard, and I like Denise too. I know a lot of people have been anti Denise because of her dance experience, but whatever experience she has had, it's not been ballroom. And to be fair, a lot of actors have some experience from going through stage/drama school.

• Hi Squawk and welcome to the Strictly lounge. image

• Hi Squawk

I'm an anti-Denise one I'm afraid - partially because I do see her as a ringer but partly because I just can't warm to her - she's the sort of woman I'd go out of my way to avoid at a party for example!!  Not sure why she just makes me recoil instinctively....

Still haven't caught up with the Louis dance yet though....*sighs*..........having to work for a living doesn't half get in the way of life sometimes! image

• Very fickle of me perhaps but what put me off Denise is when she was complaining at the start that she doesn't know why she's the favourite and her Chicago role was just sitting on a chair etc etc etc.  Then she turned up week one and was brilliant so I thought "sandbagger!"  But I have to concede that she is the best dancer, and will probably win it.

• Louis does seem to have a sense of rhythm and his personality is started to come through. I like the relationship he has with Flavia. They seem to work well together and have a great deal of respect.
  • Loved Karen's comments on ITT last night. Wouldn't it be great to have dancing lessions wit her?

• She did defend "our Louis" that's for sure.......

........I'd rather have lessons with Ian Waite though, or Brendan...........but my fave was Mathew from all those years ago........................

• Matthew Cutler who won with Aliesha.
  • Yes. I could never understand why they got rid of Matthew and Ian, unless they felt the need to 'beef' things up for women viewers!image

• Squawk wrote (see)

Yes. I could never understand why they got rid of Matthew and Ian, unless they felt the need to 'beef' things up for women viewers!image

The beefcakes don't really do it for me, I'd rather watch Ian any day!

Another weekend when I get to watch it as it screens instead of on iPlayer the next day image

• guessing where I am dancing this weekend???!!!

the blackpool tower ballroom! image

• I was dissapointed too when they got rid of some of the old lot like Ian and Lilya, never really understood it, especially when some have been enrolled like Ian and Karen to do critiques

• Darren Bennett was lovely too.

Do you think it's Fern's week to go?
  • the dude abides wrote (see)

guessing where I am dancing this weekend???!!!

Sooooo jealous! Have an amazing time image

I really hope it is Fern's time to go, bored of her!

• Dani and Vincent could do quite well in the tango from the clip I've just seen
  • xine267 wrote (see)
    Squawk wrote (see)

Yes. I could never understand why they got rid of Matthew and Ian, unless they felt the need to 'beef' things up for women viewers!image

The beefcakes don't really do it for me, I'd rather watch Ian any day!

For me Matt was the best of both worlds - not as muscly as the Artems and Robins of this world but more toned and defined than the Ians and Antons......

In the same way really that triathletes combine the best bits of runners, cyclists and swimmers.............not that I spend my whole life perving blokes in lycra or dance kit you understand.........honest image.......................................image

• xine267 wrote (see)
    the dude abides wrote (see)

guessing where I am dancing this weekend???!!!

Sooooo jealous! Have an amazing time image

I really hope it is Fern's time to go, bored of her!

The ballroom is amazing! it's such a shame strictly aren't going this year image

• With a bit of luck (and I DO like James, honest) Ian will be able to dance with Denise tonight!

• *opens the Pringles*

looks like James is back, still wish they'd scrap the "humourous" VTs.