Wednesday 7th November 2012

Morning!

Couldn't sleep...I'm getting too much rest at present: I wouldn't last long in the jungle, Blisters. Nice proverb!

Lyrics: I'm your top prime cut of meat

I'm your choice

I wouldn't be surprised if two Americans had this song running through their heads!

Hope the peas did the trick, Tom.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning,

Did half mile intervals last night at club night, and do my calves know it this morning!! image just an easy short run later with the missus for today.

Dunno the lyrics image
  • Morning

Yesterdays lyrics: Adele and Skyfall. Poss going to see it this Saturday evening with MrsB

What: 5M Steady.

Why: What I do, though not as quickly as 20 plus years ago.

Dry, mild, bit of  a breeze blowing, leaves crunching underfoot.

Ale: Cheers for starting todays thread mateimage

Back later.

• Morning sweep.

Oh and  I dunno lyrics for today either.

• Be careful with those baby cows, Sweep!

Birks: I'd be fairly sure you will know the lyrics once revealed!

Looks like Obama had more success with his singing!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning ale: Okay mate cheers

Blisters: Great proverb.

• Morning.

Good to see you back Pammie.

Hope you got all the bad stuff out of the way in one go yesterday Tom and that the ankle is ok.

Shame about the turbo Blisters though to be fair you'd probably hate it, at least initially.

A more settled day with the achilles Alehouse?

Well done Wabo - nice to see progress like that.

What:            LSR (though it won't be longer than 10 miles)
    Why:             I have a free afternoon and will then do less at the weekend
    Last hard:     raising my HR on the turbo yesterday, couldn't get out of Z2
    Last rest:      4/11

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    good news with the course pb wabo!
    Tom - did the peas work their magic?
    lyric - penny eventually dropped , saw the film last week, pretty good I thought.
    Being neither lion nor gazelle, not sure I should be running today.
    Didn't go to the club session yesterday: eldest has exam revisions, youngest wanted swim coaching instead (they do 90min session on Tuesdays), so dropped her and did an eay run on sore hamstring. Easy 35 minutes, but still a bit painful, although it did ease off as I progressed. That told me two things: firstly its nothing too sinister, second, if I want to run two races this weekend (albeit one 'fun' mud run) then I should wise up and rest up for a couple of days...
    so....what - nada
    why - as above
    last hard - not being gazelle (or lion) like
    last rest - today

lyric today - I think I should

• Morning all,

Get in there, Barack!  (sorry if that's spoiled it for any who's recorded the election results, to view later)

What: 4-5 miles round the lamplit pavements.

Why  Need to start getting back into it.

Lyrics  No (again)

Have a good Wetnoseday.

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Good morning

No run day today. Ankle is a bit uncomfortable, but isn't causing me any anxiety. The real problem is my tendency to OCD, in that having got back into the swing of it I don't like missing daysimage
  • Morning all!

Lyrics no, but I must admit I cheated and checked them - good choice! Delighted with the news from across the pond.

What: Might try a Nike Run Club after work, or if not then gym.
    Why: Nothing better to do.
    Last hard: Yesterday's treadmill intervals. 
    Last rest: Friday.

HH and I have registered for Paris semi (damn nearly accidentally the full marathon! only the increased cost caused us to notice)

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

Tom, oh not a  nice day, hope the peas helped!

love that proverb

what: gym work out later

why: got to get there at least 3 times a week or cancel!

Last hard: last night

last easy: monday

have a good day all

lyrics, no

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • wabo: well done yesterday image

alehouse wrote (see)
    Good to see you Pammie, and thanks for the comment on the P&D thread, Chick.

it's true so it's only fair to say it image. Even more so as you have been battling with injury and illness for so long but you still come on here every day with help and support. If I'm out I usually stay away from the forums, sulk in a corner and lick my wounds image.

Tom. wrote (see)

Didn't have the best of days today:

Rear axle went on the car, turned my ankle over in a pot hole and............the Tesco 25% off wines expired before I had time to get down there. Consoled myself with a packet of Budgens frozen peas.

That's what I call a rubbish day, Tom. Boo hoo. Hope the ankle thing is short-lived.

Blisters wrote (see)

Hello.

Every morning in Africa, a Gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a Lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a Lion or a Gazelle... when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

Excellent choice, Blisters. Will quote that next time I hear the inevitable "do you really have to run now" from my other half...

what: 5 miles in the rain
    why: see above
    last hard: kicking the CNBA fairy off the bed this morning
    last rest: 2/11
    lyrics: very apt choice!

Phew, glad Obama showed once more that yes, he can image. The other dude was really not an option. What a creep!

• If anyone has seen my sensible head will they please send it back first class? My quads were sore this morning - obviously I have been avoiding the bike rather too much lately - but of course I still thought that it would be a good idea to run 10 miles today so that I don't feel the need to at the weekend. Three minutes slower than when I ran it on Saturday! My legs are shot, I'm still tired (couldn't raise the HR on the turbo yesterday) and still I go and do it. I have realised that I need to rest before next Saturday's race, even if it's not a target race if I want to run hard I need to be in a fit state to do so and whilst two weeks post marathon I can happily bimble round I should not be pushing things too much. So, no run longer than an hour between here and the 17th and no more than two run days in a row. Please feel free to remind me of this image

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Barack - Well done image

What: not a lot
    Why: just finished work and still on call
    Last Hard: yesterday
    Last Rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: no

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all

What - 8m steady
    Why -Club Run
    Last hard - Yesterday
    Last Rest - Monday

Take care

• Lyrics, sound like they should be from the Boss, but he's so prolific that it's hard to remember them all.

Tom, that was a bummer of a day. Still, I'm sure that you can get a reasonable selection from Morrisons. It sounds like we missed the 25% too.

GGG, that would have been funny, accidentally entering a marathon and having to increase the training. You'd love it.

This gazelle got eaten, or did the lion starve? Maybe it was the Wildebeest crossing the great Zambese whilst trying to avoid the alligators. I managed a session at the pool, which was a bit busier than I'm used to. The "fast" lane was crowded, so I transferred into the medium lane which had quietened down. Some people were clearly doing a version of interval training. Swim a length - stop- swim- stop. I was trying to just knock out 64 lengths. In the end I took 47 minutes, which means that I must have lost count, as well as having lots of temporary stops to let people overtake at the ends. Oh well. Job done.
    Good news is that I have pre-warned the Mrs that I'll be doing a 20 miler Friday am. (Not a swimming one).