Triathlete of the Year' Awards (Long Dist/Ultra)

BLATANT PLUG to please vote for MEEEEEEE (AnthonyG) at the cool 
Beyond Going Long website
http://beyondgoinglong.co.uk/?p=1634&cpage=1#comment-9342

PLEASE VOTE TC image image

Its a 2 horse race. I was well behind but am slowly catching up.
Alternatively vote for someone else image if you want or hate my guts, its a free country (currently).

I've always said wot a fine bunch of folks you rimm image erm I mean Runners Worldies n Pirates are image no, I have actually image 

BTW FWIW FFS as well as winning the deca I though it would be a giggle to do 10 other ironman/distance events this year, thus completing the British grand slam of all iron events (and Lanzarote Double EnduroMan), for the second year running. This is very silly. And expensive. And ruins your health.  

Comments

• oops, I couldnt see it FFS.image Ta you lot image
    I'd given up, but the votes were getting closer today and I still had a chance. No, dont confuse me with 'plucky Mitt' btw LOL.
    Apparently Nick B had the support of voting-fevered slowbitchers, so that was NO FAIR image and go me all competitive again image

• ah fuck it - I've given you another vote but you're still behind.....image

• FWIW I have cast my vote just for your comment 'BTW FWIW FFS'

LOL

• KK

It also favours people who are nice to other people and popular people. I think most web-based polls are biased this way. If the contest holders hadn't wanted this they would have appointed judges to review and award according to the values provided by the contest sponsor. Which is just biased towards those who most reflect the corporate values.

Would a lucky dip be better?

M.eface

• only if you find another computer.............only one entry per computer..............

the whole idea of these comp are to increase the flow of people to the websites which is why they want it spread...........

i'm sure people like leanda cave have many many twitter followers. that she can ask to support her..........

the compant wants the word to spread around...................

personally after reading the 4 entrants i think TC's achievements are amaxing compared to the others..................you vote for the one who you think deserves it.....

• KK,

Yes we see your point. But it is not about fair competition it is about generating interest in the contest sponsors product or directing you to their website which leads you to click an advert which results in revenue for them.

TCs work here led me to the site, I read all the info and voted for TC but equally I may have voted for someone else.

The  contest sponsor couldn't care I visited their site so as far as they are concerned it was a success.

RW Super six is to generate interest in the RW products and porducts of their sponsors. Social media helps drive this. The nature of the contest and the process is to keep you going back to check on their process. If they were boring people then people wouldn't return and it would not be a successful venture for RW.

Imagine RW without adverts, what would the cost be? £10/issue? Would you pay that? I doubt it, we need the advertisers and they need us.

• Not sure my tri hero's go to the pub much.image

• From comments on the thread Seren has started it's obvious that this isn't just a social network thing.

People have met TC in the flesh.  They have spoken to him.  They have cheered him on.  And been cheered on by him.  They have supported him in the same way as he has supported them. 

FB's (?) comment re road rash shows what a grounded personality he is and Golden Boots tale shows caring and compassion

Surely this is more hands on than the likes of Leanda Cave et al whose followers may  not have enjoyed the same interaction

• if you read my thread it wecxplained that if you have done a race this year you would have met him..........its telling triatletes that one of the ordinary p[eople are in the hunt for the award........

tc is known by mant mant pirates.............has raced and helped them............so noone is asking for a stranger to vote for him

• not drinking ..just posting......they have been that bad for ages as i cant be arsed weith spell checkimage

• KK - it's just a popularity contest and marketing. The marketing has just evolved a bit from phone voting. Simple really.
  • I'm surely an easily led doormat.  I voted TC because everyone was doing it, and I voted Eimear Mullan cos she's the Irish contingent.  Didn't bother my arse with the website, just popped in, voted and got out.

• Hi folks, just thought I'd chime in as www.beyondgoinglong.co.uk is my site.

No marketing or evil intentions to get you to visit, I'm just a one man who loves triathlon as a sport and writing and put the two together. In 9 months so far there have been no ads and I certainly don't make any money from your visit!

It's great that the competition has caught the eye of so many people as its been nice to introduce it to more people. My mission for the site is to cover ld and ultra tri in more depth, providing coverage and exposure for British and Irish athletes and elite ag and provide more coverage of domestic events. I'm also hoping it is a useful resource for triathletes who might enjoy learning about events and from the elites out there.

So no 'judges', no massive marketing departments working out ways to make money from you, no computer geeks setting up clever polls that block multiple polls... Just a keen fan who wants to open up the achievements of 10 fab performances to a wider audience and someone who gets a thrill out of writing and seeing people read their work.