Thursday 8th November 2012

Morning! Not tired again!

Lyrics: Like a fool I went and stayed too long,

Now I'm wondering if your love's still strong,

Oo baby, here I am ....

This was playing before President Obama came on stage to make his acceptance speech!

Yesterday's lyrics were (I wanna be) Elected, by Alice Cooper. Heard it quite a few times in the run up to the US election.

What: prostate tests, at last.

Why: got to be done

Will also try to get a couple of hundred metres walk in prior to seeing consultant tomorrow. Won't be gazelle like! Actually drove a couple of miles yesterday, which is progress.

Back later!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning ale: two in a row for you

I did know the lyrics from yesterday it kinda clicked.

Todays Think so.

What:5M Fartlek

Why: My usual Thursday session.

Smiry rain, cold bit windy up here today.

Brekkie calling

• Morning.

Hope the tests get done this time Alehouse and that the results are reassuring.

What:         easy swim
    Why:          recovery
    Last hard:  yesterday's run wasn't easy
    Last rest:   4/11

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning!
    good luck with the tests Ale
    didnt know yesterdays words, not sure I know today's either...
    what - either 2 or 3 easy or nothing
    why - hamstring feels less tight and debating whether to leave it one more day and do a few miles tomorrow. Thats the more likely option, so if that is indeed the case, I will send back LmH's sensible head now....

have a good day!

• Morning!

What: run with group if maternity quiet

Why: it's Thursday

Last hard: Tuesday

Last rest: Tuesdayimage

Lyrics: as usual no

Hope all goes well today, Alehouse

Looking forwards to Saturday ...
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Alehouse: best of luck for today.

Another no run day methinks!
  • Lyrics yes, the third line and clue clinched it! Fingers crossed for you alehouse.

What: 8ishk Home Run.
    Why: One of the last times doing this particular route as I'm moving next month.
    Last hard: Yesterday's gym.
    Last rest: Friday (and a much needed one tomorrow).

• good luck alehouse!

LMH: did you eventually retrieve that sensible head then?

what: 7.5 miles
    why: base
    last rest: 2/11
    lyrics: a definite maybe ... pretty sure I've heard those lines before but can't pinpoint it right now

• Morning all,

No idea again image

Hope all goes well today AH

Not sure if running tonight or not, been invited for a "social" run with the fast lads at my new running club, which I have a feeling I won't find very sociable! image plus legs still ache from Tuesday's intervals, so will see how I feel after work...
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

lyrics oh yes!

good luck ale, yes I did think those lyrics were familiar!

what: nothing

why: had my hair cut this morning and off to spurs tonight, so no time!

last hard: tuesday

last easy: yesterday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Enjoy Spurs, Wabo! And glad you like the lyrics: I bet everyone knows the next part of that 3rd line!

Was at hospital for 4 and a half hours. That wasn't fun and nor were the tests. No results for 2-3 weeks. Will just have to put it out of my mind until I hear anything.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Yey I went for a run today:

What: 3 miles

Why: normal lunch time with work girls

Had a new girl running with us who is a bit of a newbie so there was a lot of stopping and starting going on but we all have to start some where so I didn't really mind. Felt like I could have really gone for it though, after my work run last week I felt so much better this time, must have been all that recovery time from GSR haha

• poor ale image. I remember the waiting game with Mr. Chick. Not nice.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

yes poor ale, sounds really not nice

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Dustin - we can share it.

chickadeee - so far but that may have something to do with how rough my legs still feel!

Tom - hope you feel ok to get back to it tomorrow.

Alehouse - sounds like the best approach.

hansy - it's nice to give a little back to newcomers isn't it?

GGG - do you have a home run from your new location?

2.1k swum - shocking how bad not swimming consistently for a few weeks has left me. Lots of work to be done.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Alehouse - good luck with the results. It is awful having to wait so long - hope the time passes quickly.

Tom - sounds like you are being sensible - think we have to look after ourselves a bit more these days. 

chickadee - when is your marathon?

What: Walk to and from playgroup - looking after youngest gdaughter.

• AH: at least the tests are done now, been there myself and know how hard it is to wait. Keep busy

Wabo : spurs? The only team in London play in Blue

LMH: it's amazing how quickly swim fitness can disappear

What: cycled for 90 mins before dawn, ran 7 miles at lunchtime

Why: I'm trying to remain a runner who does Tri

Last Hard: last nights 5 x 1 mile intervals

Last rest : 1/11
  • Dubai Dave - I love how you cycle before dawn - guess the only things out there are trucks! So I guess you have some great lights on your bike/head? 

5 x 1 mile - I  find running 1 effort mile hard!

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Ale - not good on the time to wait and the time to wait for results as well.

What - 6 x 3 mins with 90 sec recoveries, .49m, .51m, .50m, .51m, .50m, .50m, very content with the distances... total of 7m
    Why - Intervals and the plan says so
    Last Hard - Tonight
    Last Rest - Monday

Take care (and lyrics no as usual)

• 6.76 done tonight mostly with the JS group
    Looking forward to the weekend

• Bother, witty post lost to the ether. I suppose that I should have pressed "send".

There are two types of training sessions, hard and easy. It's important to run hte hard ones hard and the easy ones easy, otherwise all sessions end up being mediocre.

Tomorrow is planned to be hard, so tonight should be easy.
    6.7 miles done, trying to keep the handbrakes on and HR down. 7:47m/m pace, with HR managed (no more than 135). Average was apparently 127. For information I did break into a sweat, but not much. That was a clear indication of what 6 days without any running or biking does. I see promising signs, but I know that it's not the same as a mahoosive endurance base.

• Felt alright after work, so went out, we did a hilly 9 mile loop in about 75 mins... Glad I bothered now image