Mental illness and running

Comments

• I got an A* for my homework

( runs round and hugs everyone, then gives Solb a sparkly pen and pretty notebook to help with her homework)

Frodo, here is a Mr bump plaster. It might not cover all the injuries from the freight train but it might make you smile and remember we care

Bear, I agree. This thread is so precious. Alice thought you were all fab ( including the lurkers) and have helped me so much.
  • image is just me talking to myself without you guysimage 
    my good mood has abadoned me, I feel horrible again image I felt like someone was pokiing hot pokers into my heart yesterday but today I just feel a bit defeated. I know I need to pick myself up and fight on but I'm not sure where my energy is 

Thanks for the homework incentice by eck, tis a nice idea

• Moo and I had a Solbsisminimini inspired wall
  • Awwww that's so cute, how did it go? SOLB's love walking with mini's

I'm feeling a bit more alive now, I'm going to the gym (carefully with my inhaler clutched in my fist) I have to be back by 4 to go and visit SOLBtitchie sis in the hospital cos she's just had her knee op ... that means no sitting in the car trying to be brave enough to go in. I can feel the adrenaline just at the thought so I'm not sure if I'll make it. Worth a shot though, got to feel better somehow otherwise this sad mood will win and I was really enjoying the cheerful ones. 

• Ooooh say hello to SOLBtitchysis and tell her I've just had a knee op too image

• Hope the gym wasn't too scary Solb and Solbtitchysis is recovering well.

I have more homework set and one bit is worrying me already image
  • What homework have you got by 'eck?

Mine was to make a list of steps to tidying up my flat

• I have to do some thing based on the wizard of oz, and then come up with a scale of distress for the trauma work we are about to do. I have started thinking about it but that is making my head think about the trauma stuff.

Bear, I bought a really cheap 'to-do' book from Wilkinson's. It helps to break things down, has space for working out timings of your day ( including planning breaks) and space to doodle.

Mr by eck has been asked if he would help his therapist write up his case for a medical journal because the progress he has made has never been noted before. I am so so proud of him.
  • Fabulous news image

I may go and see if I can find that book - I'm lacking motivation to tackle stuff  though image. Maybe I need you guys to yell "wake up Bear" if I haven't checked in by 9am each morning image

• Maybe you could come up with 2 small jobs, 1 medium sized job ( taking 20-30 minutes) and a big job each day ( over 45 minutes) and aim to tick off 2 things so even if it's a bad day you might be able to get something done. For example, on a bad dat I might aim to take the post out of the envelopes and stick the unwanted bits in recycling, or gather up the towels and pit them through the wash.
  • That sounds like a good idea. I'm making a list of tasks but I'll organise them by sizes too so I can do what you suggest

• Proud of you all image

Brilliant news about Mr By Eck

Gym was OK I was brave image

Solbtitchysis is ok, she was very high on morphine though

I had a chat with MummySOLB about my sexuality on the way home. She's known for a while but we've never discussed it before. Was kind of nice to clear the air image
  • Arghhh really really horrible nightmares that I couldn't wake up from. I'm trying to wake myself up enough that I don't go back to sleep. *does nekid starjumps*
  • Did you manage to go back to sleep
  • Yes but the nightmares came back so I gave up and took my duvet into the other room instead. Might try again now it's light I feel unreasonably tired image 

• *whispers, so not to wake SOLB*

I'm feeling just a little more normal, more strong, today. Little by little, moving on image

The only weird thing is that I have woken up with that feeling that you get after you've been crying. I mean, like really crying, so hard you're left exhausted and slightly snotty? (Which to be fair, is what was happening last week)

But there were no tears last night, so maybe I dreamt it?!
  • *gives Frodo a sleepy cuddle* that is a bit odd. I'm pleased you are feeling a little stronger darling, please keep being kind to yourself a little longer though.
  • Bounces in! I've just done a school assembly on remembrance. Woo-hoo. 100 kids aged 5-7. Now I'm making gingerbread people with Anastasia. I have had a busy day and I got really worried about it but I have survived.
  • Sorry to hear you had nightmares SOLB, well done on the chat with SOLBmum.

Glad you're feeling stronger Frodo

Great stuff by 'eck image

I'm getting frustrated because the drug change hasn't got through to me GP yet so I can't start the new pill dose.  I did get mummyBear off to her exercise class though image

• Drs can take ages to sort out prescription updates. Sometimes they will fax it thru if you ask really nicely
  • I did ask but they said they used a linked system so it should go through pretty much immediately

I guess I just get on with the other stuff regardless image

• Ha! The infamous nhs computer systems
  • How is Tue other stuff going bear?
  • i'm doing small stuff BE, and some big stuff. Found some interesting volunteer bits as well. Need to get properly on top of it though image

• How is everyone doing today? I''ve been quite busy with cooking and shopping. Moo has been grumpy so he might be getting poorly again. Time to get Christmas organised in case it's another bad year
  • Hopefully this year will be wonderful by eck, you deserve to have a brilliant time

I'm very very tired. Have had a lovely weekend staying with my best friend image OCD was ridiculously well behaved. (cos my beautiful friend had spent lots of time outwitting it!) I felt really happy, and comfortable and safe. I don't even feel safe in my own house so that's pretty impressive.

I ate some food, that she'd prepared, with her. I thought I was going to fail cos my anxiety level got really high but I didn't and I'm exhausted but so so delighted. I can't believe how much better the ocd is and how lucky I am to be surrounded by wonderful friends that love me as I really am and don't mind the mental illness image

I feel really lucky to have stumbled across you lot! image
  • I wrote a fab post and it lost it.

There was gingerbread, friends fighting our ocd and depression alongside us, nd me asking if you'd received my text, Solb.
  • Aww that's frustrating poor by eck

Hoorah for gingerbread and friends image

Oh by eck sorry I did get your text I was pretty drunk last night and had forgotten to answer, I'm sorry
  • I was hoping this weekend went well for you, SOLB image