Are you odd?

Comments

• Bruce C wrote (see)

My God, I though I was the only one who had this particular volume control (I do it for all volume tv , radio etc) pecadillo !

I don't notice what volume other things are on. I think its the fact that the car radio shows the volume as a number so I notice it more. Now I'm going to start thinking about all the other things I do that might be odd.

• I'm not odd.

In fact I'm perfectly normal.

Don't you find that odd? image

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

I don't like the taste of alcoholic drinks, more specifically, the alcohol. And I've never been drunk. 

All cup handles have to point the same direction in the cupboard. 

• Cups have to go in the right location in the cupboard, but handles can face any way.

Clothes have to be hung in the cupboard in the right order

Drying clothes have to be hung out the right way using the right peg, whether that is on the airer or the washing line.  This is a complex system which only I understand

• Toilet roll always hung with end at the front
  • I like watching my laundry dry

(It also has to be hung in a certain way)

• I'm glad I'm not the only wierd one out there.image

Don't like cheese, but love cheese 'n onion crisps.

Chocolate digestives, and the chocolate side has to ALWAYS be on the bottom when I eat it (same with Jaffa cakes).

• most of the above, and most people i know think i'm odd because i run!!

• Yeah I agree with the above, if you run, you're considered odd. I am mesmerised when someone who is clearly unfit asks me with genuine curiosity why do I run.

And I noticed that I make tea every morning for my wife and daughters and they must receive it in age order youngest first, this never changes, don't know where it came from but I won't break it

• Bruce C wrote (see)
    JvR wrote (see)

I always have the volume on the car radio set to an even number

My God, I though I was the only one who had this particular volume control (I do it for all volume tv , radio etc) pecadillo !

I thought I was the only one who did this!

All volumne controls have to be set to an even number. Or 25, I can accept that as I quite like multiples of 5 (but no other multiple of 5 for volume controls).

If OH is watching the TV when I come in, I have to check the volume.... he thinks I'm odd too.

• Ooh ooh I wonder if this has been documented, perhaps I can write a journal paper about digital volume control OCD

• I do not allow the volume on our tv to be higher than 16.  Everyone else must be deaf if they can't hear it!

• If I'm walking or running with another person, I have to be on their right hand side. I don't mind being in the middle or on the left if there are more than 2 of us though.

I clean my teeth in the shower. I think it makes sense, saves time as I can multi-task and do it while I'm waiting for my conditioner to sink in, but other people seem to think it's odd.

• Jamie Russell wrote (see)

I have the bank notes in my wallet (there's never many in there, I'm married) in numerical order (largest at the back) all facing the correct way.

+1 - I think that is a throw back from my days working in a bank though.

• xine267 wrote (see)

If I'm walking or running with another person, I have to be on their right hand side. I don't mind being in the middle or on the left if there are more than 2 of us though.

I clean my teeth in the shower. I think it makes sense, saves time as I can multi-task and do it while I'm waiting for my conditioner to sink in, but other people seem to think it's odd.

Cleaning teeth in the shower is just good time management.

I wonder if the walking on one side thing is related to holding the telephone on the same side?  Like you have a preference for listening through one particular ear?  I have the same thing, although maybe it was more pronounced when I had an ear wax problem?  (Couldn't hear what anyone was saying...) image

• i collect watches (an expensive habbit) and i have to have all of them (13 at the moment) set to the exact same second, drives me up the wall if they are not, and since all but 1 are analogue time pices, its a huge pain in the ass, especially when the clocks change, luckily they all keep time very well, only the breitling loses a second a week. 

• Juliefrazz wrote (see)
    Bruce C wrote (see)
    JvR wrote (see)

I always have the volume on the car radio set to an even number

I thought I was the only one who did this!

All volumne controls have to be set to an even number. Or 25, I can accept that as I quite like multiples of 5 (but no other multiple of 5 for volume controls).

If OH is watching the TV when I come in, I have to check the volume.... he thinks I'm odd too.

Our new TV doesn't have number on the volume control just a bar. It does make me feel uneasy not knowing what the number actually is.

I with you on the bank notes. When I get some out of the cashpoint® I have to turn them round so they are facing out before putting them in my wallet.

• Eating sandwiches (only applies to square cut and not triangles) I have to eat the one with the top part of the crust first - you know the bit that sometimes is a bit burnt. For some reason I have got it in my head it tastes better?

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    xine267 wrote (see)
    Jamie Russell wrote (see)

I have the bank notes in my wallet (there's never many in there, I'm married) in numerical order (largest at the back) all facing the correct way.

+1 - I think that is a throw back from my days working in a bank though.

+1 from me too for order of value, although I fold the notes.

• knight rider wrote (see)

Our new TV doesn't have number on the volume control just a bar. It does make me feel uneasy not knowing what the number actually is.

I with you on the bank notes. When I get some out of the cashpoint® I have to turn them round so they are facing out before putting them in my wallet.

I can't decide if you've just displayed the most brilliantly clever piece of irony there - or if you have another major problem of which you might not be aware!  image

• I'm pretty much ambidextrous, I can do most things including writing with either right or left hand (though writing with my left hand is very scruffy). But I cannot stir a cup of coffee with my left hand, feels completely wrong.

I know a couple of people who have the volume number OCD thing, it's great fun to adjust the volume by one when they're not lookingimage
  • I have to eat my dinner in a certain order. A Sunday roast for example would be carrots first, other veg (not peas), yorkshire pudding, meat, mash potato and mushy peas mashed together (these are the only two foods that she be mixed together in a roast dinner, other combinations are wrong), finally roast potatoes. It is ok to dip all the other foods into gravy though

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Mushy peas in a roast dinner? image

I'm going to have to try that image

When I whisk with my right hand, the whisking is clockwise. When I whisk with my left hand, I whisk anti-clockwise. 

• PhilPub wrote (see)
    xine267 wrote (see)

If I'm walking or running with another person, I have to be on their right hand side. I don't mind being in the middle or on the left if there are more than 2 of us though.

Cleaning teeth in the shower is just good time management.

I wonder if the walking on one side thing is related to holding the telephone on the same side?  Like you have a preference for listening through one particular ear?  I have the same thing, although maybe it was more pronounced when I had an ear wax problem?  (Couldn't hear what anyone was saying...) image

I'm not sure, it just feels wrong if I'm on the left. Almost feels uncomfortable to turn my body that way to talk to them. Also if I'm going to hold hands I still want to have my dominant hand free image

• When I do the washing up, it's always in the same order and has to go on the drainer in a set way. Glassware (and any mugs) first, then any chopping boards, saucepan lids and cutlery. Then crockery (in order of circumference) and finally any cookware. OH does things seemingly at random and it drives me mad!

• I have to finish a flight of steps with my right foot.

A run should be a complete number of miles, or end on the half mile.  Exceptions are made for races, but I prefer to ensure the warm-up/cool-down accommodates the 'awkwardness', i.e. a 1.4 or 1.9M cool-down after a half marathon is perfect.

I weigh my breakfast cereal.  Not calorie counting (I don't weigh other stuff), I just have to weigh breakfast cereal.

CDs are stored alphabetically.