Berlin Marathon 2013

Comments

• I haven't Kaz.  Still down that London at the moment.  Will have a think about it on the drive back home and change tonight if i decide to go that way.

• The Lufthansa saga has actually turn out alright, now managed to changed my flight times so I don't have to wake up at 3 in the morning, plus an extra sight seeing day on tues image can't be bad!

• Just had an email from the organisers saying they overcharged me at my registration and I will be getting 30euros refunded next month!!image I didn't order a t-shirt because of the increase in priceimage

• EHNEHN ✭✭✭

same here for me and my husband  ....T shirt not requested as also thought I 'd spent enough -might have a rethinkimage  .

• Same Sticky - I'm now coming back at 18:20 on the Tuesday.  Direct flight.  Actually works out much better.

I ordered both t-shirts at registration!

• Excellent news DLR!

I will buy my t-shirt at the expo. I actually wear the one I got in Berlin last year lots, I love the colour!

• Was it a finishers one or an 'event' one Kaz?  Guessing that one is technical and the other a cotton one?

I've worn the Amsterdam one 2-3 times image

• Thats exactly what it is. Last year the 'Finisher' one was black cotton with finisher on it, and the 'event' one was a technical one with the marathon slogan and sponsors on. I think I like it so much cos its bright green and black, and very  baggy!!

I have actually worn my Amsterdam one a few times too but never the Paris one!!

• SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

Morning all - just joining the thread image.   Not done Berlin before but it's always been on my 'to do' list

No flights booked yet, waiting for Easyjet to release their flights...anyone know when that's likely to be?

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Shades - welcome.

Easyjet don't have specific dates when they release their scedules but they don't seem to release anything over 6 months ahead. Keep checking.

• SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Orbutt.   Hoping to get a flight from Bristol, which is fairly local to me.

• kaz1 wrote (see)

Thats exactly what it is. Last year the 'Finisher' one was black cotton with finisher on it, and the 'event' one was a technical one with the marathon slogan and sponsors on. I think I like it so much cos its bright green and black, and very  baggy!!

I have actually worn my Amsterdam one a few times too but never the Paris one!!

Yep, my Paris one from this year was enormous so it sat in the cupboard for a few months then I eventually binned it!

• Paris was the technical one? Or was there another..... I love my Paris as it was loose and airy, great for summer, sometimes cooler than wearing a vest on a hot summers day, not that we got many of that about image

• Yep, that's the one sticky.  I think they switched from cotton to technical in 2010.

I like my shirts relatively 'fitted' (not a problem with current injury weifht gain...) and I found the Paris one was enormous.

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Is the Berlin finishers shirt Cotton? Bummer.

Is the event shirt technical? May have to buy that one.

My Paris shirt is a pretty good fit - and it's a Large - and I often wear it when training. I gave it a run out in Oz.
  • Yeah, this being my first Berlin and not wanting to miss out, my so-called 60 euro registration became 119 euros in the end with all these different T-shirts etc!

• In 2011 the finisher one was cotton, but it was actually a nice design and I must admit I do wear mine for every day use. I also bought an event t-shirt which as kaz points out is a technical top.

Just so you know all know in 2011 anyway all t-shirts events and finishers could be purchased at the expo. The only difference with ordering in advance was a token was attached to your bid to rip off and hand in at another desk. If you don't know that it would be very easy to miss/forget about it.

• Same here Sticky - although I got into the 90 Euro bracket so even more...

Orbutt - event T-shirt technical, finishers' T-shirt cotton. It was a great finishers' T-shirt this year but not so good event t-shirt.

Kaz - I ran Berlin this year in the 2011 technical T-shirt, which I love. Much better than this year's. Great colour, it's my favourite event t-shirt. (I also love my orange Amsterdam technical t-shirt.) However, I've not been able to buy the photos - the peri-nippular (to use the medical term) Vaseline I used pre-race makes it look like I'm lactating throughout...!

Oh well, back to black t-shirts next year!
  • Oh yeah, and I hate my Paris one. I also dyed it a dark colour from its original yellow... Not a good look. ????
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Dependent upon the weather tomorrow - I may choose my long sleeve amsterdam technical tee. Great quality!

• With the number of events you do Emmy you could wear a different one every day for a fortnight!

• Berlin seems like a long time ago...

No running for ages. Brighton 10k Sunday. Can't wait to get back to it.

Bloody injury/loss of mojo/work!
  • Bit up and down here too Ian.

Pretty sure the initial FHL injury is fading fast.  Did 13k Sunday and 10 yesterday and hardly felt a thing before or after.  However, also sure I have a touch of PF that's present on right foot during and after runs plus in the mornings.  Really focussing on extensive work on the many trigger points in my calves in the hope it'll sort both issues out.

• I've got the Leeds Abbey Dash this sunday - probably last race of the year. Except for park runs...Then I may end up going into hibernation...

This year, I've been doing most of my races with a touch of costume as an extra challenge. I've been trying to devise a running-friendly minnie mouse outfit for this sunday! Worried the mouse ears won't stay on, I've even taken it apart to see if I can pin them down on my hair! Anyway, the latest is I'm going ear-less.image

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Sticky - we need to see pictures image

• JohnasJohnas ✭✭✭

IM2 - see you in Brighton! Wanna meet for a pint afterwards?

• Johnas - yes! But I suspect you'll be hanging around for a good 30mins for me to finish! I'll be doing the run with my sis. Looking forward to her hammering my time.

Orbutt - agreed!

DLR - sorry to hear you're having it tough still. Sounds like you're getting the miles up though which is great.
  • It's getting there Iain.  Not out of the woods yet and training will represent a steep ramp up but cautiously optimistic.

• JohnasJohnas ✭✭✭
    Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)
    Johnas - yes! But I suspect you'll be hanging around for a good 30mins for me to finish! I'll be doing the run with my sis. Looking forward to her hammering my time.

email sent

• From looking at the easyjet facebook, it appears their winter flights will be released in March image