Saturday 10th November 2012

Morning

Todays lyrics:I'm sittin' in the railway station

Yesterdays lyrics: One Vision by Queen

What a run later

Why: New shower unit out of commission till about 7pm.

Straycelt: Welcome to our madhouse.

Right coffee and catch up

Back later.

Comments

• Morning.

A break from routine birks!

Good luck the weekend's racers.

What:           an hour easy
    Why:            taper - or is it still recovery? I'm not quite sure. LOL.
    Last hard:    21/10
    Last rest:     4/11

Lyric - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning,

Hoping to get out for an easy run later, but gotta help move the last of my sisters stuff to her new flat first... Man with a van and all that!!

Don't know today's lyrics, but then I checked here earlier, saw there wasn't a thread and couldn't even think of a lyric for myself! image

Off for breakfast with my dad now, looking forward to spending a bit of time with him today.
  • Morning sweep and LMH

LMH: Yeah a change of routine, sort of !

sweep: Done that a few times no thread posted, but can't think of anyimage

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Lyrics, Yes, 2 days on the trott must be a record for me....

Off to Parkrun then XC....

Back later, have a good Saturday all

• Morning!

Lyrics: know

Enjoy your races, racers.

What: walk later...aim is 300 metres without sticks

Why: rehab. Although Achilles is a bit tender this morning from consultant poking around.

LMH: make sure the"easy" IS easy! Looks a nice day out there.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Good morning all,
    Lyrics: Yes (Back to schooldays there for me!)
    What: Tae Kwon Do
    Why: Cos it's Saturday
    Last Hard: Still Cardiff
    Last Rest: Thursday
    Agree Cardiff 10k finish in the stadium is awesome, especially the roar as you come out of the dragon's mouth, Even if it's canned it's still spine chilling Off to see Wales v Argentina later. Next race is Stratford Half next Saturday.
    Have a great day all

• Lyrics: know

What: swim then run
    Why: the sun is shining and it's Saturday
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest Tuesday!

Ale How was the ale?

• OH: a couple of pints in good company, but sadly all over within the hour! Don't envy your swim; the run, on the other hand...
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Alehouse - I was good until the last half mile and only did 6 miles instead of the whole hour I had allowed myself image.  Is 300m what the consultant advised or should you be waiting until you've seen the physio?

Straycelt - is that the Raceway one?

Hope it's as mild and still for you as it is here OH.

Sweep - I held off and was pleased to see that birkmyre had once again risen to the challenge this morning.

• Morning all,

Two weeks on, and the motivation is returning.  Just had a nice 40 minute run. Not too fast, but including a 300 ft climb that's like running up a ladder (OK.. a bit of poetic licence... but you know what I mean)

Now to pay for it.... I have to take my wife shopping, and somehow drag my whinging elder daughter into the car, and round the high street.

What: 4 miles, as described

Why: Because I actually felt like it!

Last hard  28 Oct

Last easy  An hour ago

Lyrics - No.   (and I have to confess I thought yesterday's was It's a kind of Magic... so I got that wrong)

Have a great Saturday... good luck in any weekend races.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all!

sweep have a lovely family day 

rw, ' Because I actually felt like it!' perfect eh?

alehouse keep growing stronger!

rfj hope park run went well

straycelt welcome and while you tae kwan do, I shall tai chi!

what: tai chi, 5 mile club handicap this afternoon, xctry looking forward to it!

why: we are testing out the course for a league race

last hard: tuesday, boy I have rested up!

last easy: thursday was totally easy

have a a good day/races and so on all 

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon!

LMH:  consultant is quite happy for me to walk as long as it is not hurting and I am using a decent style. So...did 660 metres, and the only ill effect appears to be sore hips! Hope you blasted that last half mile!

I agree with the RW "why": because I felt like it!

• Hiya. Lyrics nope.

What: parkrun.

Why: Just had time to squeeze it in.

Last hard: Wednesday gym.

Last rest: Friday.

Sounds like you're firmly on your feet alehouse, good news.
  • Good news Alehouse. I did by my modest standards image

Hope the shopping trip isn't too expensive RW!

Enjoy the x-country Wabo.

• 9º and sunny here (8º water)
    Just 4 miles post swim run today
    Why: That's when I met up with rest of JS group (reversing their course)

RW "drag my whinging elder daughter into the car, and round the high street"
    *Never* had a problem dragging any of my daughters to the high st!image

GGG nice to get the parkrun in (nearest would be Inverness for me image)

Alehouse - sounds promising

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Lyrics: yes.The song describes the writers longing to return home to his then girlfriend, who was in London. It is uncertain exactly where the song was written, however his singing partner in an interview with Paul Zollo for SongTalk Magazine, said that the song was written in a train station "around Manchester" while in an earlier interview for Playboy Magazine, the writer himself mentioned the train station was at Liverpool. It is likely, however, that it was written at Widnes railway station during a long wait for a train, when traveling back from Widnes, where he had been playing; a commemorative plaque is displayed on the wall of the Liverpool-bound waiting room.

I had a typically undisciplined session this morning. Rather than a steady 16M, I blew it all on the first 8M loop in a vain attempt to impress club mates! Did four more miles at a much more sedentary pace...much to the amusement of some, but nevertheless avery worthwhile effort.
  • Lyrics? Hmm. Clearly I should know them, and I'll have to be put (down) out of my misery. Googled. Duh Slap head.

Tom, a great training session: finding out where the edge of the envelope lies!
    OH: I hope that you wrapped up well if you took to the water at 8 degrees.
    RW: Ah yes. Wales. Flat? At least the sheep are pretty.

Yesterday I spent all afternoon wearing compression socks. Today was bike ride day. 49 miles done. However, the quads were screaming at me whenever we got a reasonable hill, especially on the homeward leg. More compression socks this afternoon.

• They must be long socks Blisters image

• Large fry up with my dad, best part of the day helping my sister and a cheeky 3 miles done... Think I've earnt myself a beer, sofa and footie time! image
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

afternoon all, 
    (belated) welcome to stray! 
    Firstly thanks for all your comments ahead of todays race...
    what :  another hellrunner chalked off....slightly altered route, so more mud, more hills, more water but more fun! Ran with a pal and my brother somewhere further down the field, but nevertheless was probably the most enjoyable run I've done for a long while!
    Fortunately turning an ankle in an early pond took my mind off the achey hamstring..flared up a couple of times, but not to the point where I thought about calling it a day. Couple of bottlenecks at some of the steep slopes but part an parcel of this type of thing. Never really felt out of my comfort zone, hence it being more a really fun run rather than a race with some excellent camaraderie.
    I think i've managed to get most of the mud out of most places, but it usually takes 2 or 3 showers. The socks, vest and shorts now in the bin.
    why - hmm, yes why?
    last hard - warming my hands and feet up
    last rest - thursday
    Hope Goodwood went well RFJ (I assume thats your xc?)

lyric - dont think so...

have a lovely evening 

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Well done Dustin

A good day at the office for me,

a suprising 2nd at Andover parkrun in 19:30, in boggy conditions, just getting ready for the afternoons ventures at the XC

As Dustin says was the Hants XC lge (in Sussex - bizarely 3 out of the 5 races are outside the county, with Dorset and Wilts for other races) A good warm up and a bit achy from the morning, but off we went, aim was to run hard and not die.... did not get overtaken at all, but made my way through all aided with Jnr shouting me on... had 2 team mates on shoulder for 1st lap and a bit then was able to put the foot down and pull away, finishing in 113th place, 18 better than last XC, but alson a 13 sec PB on this course which is longer han last time I ran it by .02m... very happy overall.

Jrn didn't do parkrun so he could clock 17:40 for 4.8K to finish 28th in the U17 race.

Good day al round

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Evening all,

What: lacrosse match
    Why: part of the game plan
    Last hard: that was pretty knackering, I see it as good speed work for 1.5 hours!
    Lyrics: I'm on a roll!

Ale  Yay image
    OH 8C water?!  You're mad!
    Hello Stray

Have a good one all
    Dustin and RFJ well done