Your goal for the near future

Our mind sets a goal, our body embodies it...Do you have a goal running? Open it and you cant retreat of your goal)

Comments

• So true Alex.

Mines not that impressive but I'm going to run a marathon eventually image
  • Mine has been to run a distance I never thought I could do, I've completed an ultra of  70 miles and will be doing a 100 miler in June 2014, mind you in work and play I've always said that targets become limits for most situations and you have to move the goalposts

• Jason, I agree with you. Goal - 26,2 miles is so greatly and everyone who could reach the finish line(and survived) is a great.

•  KGO wrote (see)

Mine has been to run a distance I never thought I could do, I've completed an ultra of  70 miles and will be doing a 100 miler in June 2014, mind you in work and play I've always said that targets become limits for most situations and you have to move the goalposts

EKGO,I admire you! But explain me please how can knees withstand so amazing load?

• marathon next year is my goal.

• 100 miler in this country 2014 and then Western states 100in USA. 

• loulabell wrote (see)

100 miler in this country 2014 and then Western states 100in USA. Bravo!!!

• To get my 5 & 10k pb's down while I still have time before I start slowing down. image Get that elusive sub 95min hm as well. Just means staying fit for long enough and not doing all these silly trail races. image Don't understand it myself. image

• Knees are not the problem, look after the whole body and no single point suffers badly. Besides my knees suffered more when I was doing faster short runs.

Lou I'm in for Grizedale trail marathon next Sunday, they also run the Lakeland 100 and I'm thinking that will do me for 2014 I will be entering it in Sept next year

What's your race?
  • Near Future Goals - 7km in under 30 mins.  An average of 6:53 minute/mile.

Not particularly quick or far, but in my current shape it is a genuine challenge.
    At the moment I'm just about just running sub 7 m/m on flat roads and this course is off road and has a few testing hills.

I've run it twice so far 32:58 and 33:31

Secondary NFG - I have run 34 mile in the past (Sandstone Trail) and I would love to do an ultra race, (EKGO, Loulabell oustandingimage) but for now I am just looking to get back in to double figures and hopefully run a half marathon on my birthday in 2 weeksimage.

• Near future goals are to run a road marathon, a sub 2hr half and then the Coastal Trail Series Devon Marathon in 2014.

Long term (and I'll know if this could ever be possible after I attempt the above) is to run a 50 mile or 100k ultra.

• EKGO wrote (see)
    Knees are not the problem, look after the whole body and no single point suffers badly. Besides my knees suffered more when I was doing faster short runs.

Lou I'm in for Grizedale trail marathon next Sunday, they also run the Lakeland 100 and I'm thinking that will do me for 2014 I will be entering it in Sept next year

What's your race?

5 km 10 km 21 km. Im going to finish my first marathon in next year. I train around atletic stadium and worry for my knees and body because my weekly load is  rising.

• marshallini wrote (see)

Near Future Goals - 7km in under 30 mins.  An average of 6:53 minute/mile.

Not particularly quick or far, but in my current shape it is a genuine challenge.
    At the moment I'm just about just running sub 7 m/m on flat roads and this course is off road and has a few testing hills.

I've run it twice so far 32:58 and 33:31

Secondary NFG - I have run 34 mile in the past (Sandstone Trail) and I would love to do an ultra race, (EKGO, Loulabell oustandingimage) but for now I am just looking to get back in to double figures and hopefully run a half marathon on my birthday in 2 weeksimage.

Good luck marshallini! Run forward to our minigoal which will help us achieve much better!!!

• Mini goals are the answer I guess, work up to it and maintain the right style and gear, all the aches and pains should happen but hopefully take care of themselves
  • MattDA wrote (see)

Near future goals are to run a road marathon, a sub 2hr half and then the Coastal Trail Series Devon Marathon in 2014.

Long term (and I'll know if this could ever be possible after I attempt the above) is to run a 50 mile or 100k ultra.

MattDA, what weekly load do you have now? 

• Just went for a run on my 7k course and took a minute off my best time,

pb now 31:55.44. (7:19 m/m)

It'd be nice to get this goal bagged before the end of this year. Seven weeks to go, I think it is possible.

This new time frame has given the challenge added impetus.image

Wishing everyone success with their own challengesimage

• EKGO wrote (see)
    Knees are not the problem, look after the whole body and no single point suffers badly. Besides my knees suffered more when I was doing faster short runs.

What's your race?

im volunteering to help at NDW100 2013 which will get me early entry to do it 2014. NDW50 in6 months time or NDW100 2014 will hopefully be my qualifier for western states100.image i did druids ultra yesterday-really recommend it

• Well Lou that's what I call a plan, So Druids was good then! I'm going for Lakeland 100 in 2014, then I'll see what's next I fancy one of the American runs but I'll get 2014 over before I commit. I'm booked on the Born to run40 in Feb, and looking at the Cardiff Ultra50 in May, as prep for June, I am thinking I've got a problem with the Wall, I struggled so bad over the last 7 miles and was injured, so I think it's going to bug me until I can get through it in good shape 

• Alex Chalenko wrote (see)
    MattDA wrote (see)

Near future goals are to run a road marathon, a sub 2hr half and then the Coastal Trail Series Devon Marathon in 2014.

MattDA, what weekly load do you have now? 

Not enough Alex! I manage about 25 miles a week at the moment, over 3 runs. Would prefer to be doing 30, over 4, but I'd struggle to fit it in. 25 seems to be about the maximum I can manage.

• Matt DA, how is your 25 miles pw comprised?

• EKGO, sounds a good plan also! borntorun was a good one for you wasnt it? whats the cardiff 50 like? flat or hilly trail? havnt ever looked that one up.

ive heard split decisions on TheWall, some have liked it, some runners not. dyu think youd do it again in the future?

i did Druids in my minimals-thought i was really going to hurt today but escaped everything!! yippeeee. there were quite a few guys training for MDS yesterday at druids.

• to get in  jan - april 2013.the same running speeds as i got in jan - april 2011 when my running was my best................then to run agood time in july in my ironman marathon

• seren nos wrote (see)

to get in  jan - april 2013.the same running speeds as i got in jan - april 2011 when my running was my best................then to run agood time in july in my ironman marathon

Im sure, our best speeds will be wait us in future!!))

• Hi Lou - Born to Run was my first Ultra, its a little longer this year at 40 but I like the area. Cardiff was recommended last week and is a point to point 50 miler on old railway paths, so I'm looking forward to that one. The Wall does get mixed reviews, I don't care about the weather or the other aspects, I just see it as a challenge that I didn't quite do justice, so yes I'll do it again in June but after that may be other things in the sights.

If you managed 50 and feel fine you're going well, are you doing Gloucester again this year?

• I'm setting a few goals over the next year. First is to finish our extention, 2nd is to get the kids to stop thumb sucking & 3rd is to sort a work issue.... Oh did you mean just running goals... Currently on Govember - running 5k daily, have entered Tough Guy in jan (just to finish alive is superb) and have a London mara place to nail 4hours.

I like goals to motivate but am careful not to become too stressed about them or I risk injury as I will overtrain.
  • My goals for the next 12 months will all be firsts for me - clowne half in2 weeks, Manchester full in April, consiston trail full in July and ladybower 50 ultra in September. It hurts my legs just saying that lot but I'm up for the challenge and looki g forward to it
  • Near future - First HM in January, complete it in under 1hr30.

After that, a new goal will be determined by how successful I concluded this one.

• goals for next year are:

sub20 5K

sub42 10K

I'd also like to get somewhere near to 70min 10mile.

• My initial goal is to beat my 5 mile pb of 33m 30s, but hope the training for that will get me a sub 20 5k and sub 42 10k, after that will be a sub 40 10k, but thats a more long term goal.

I want to concentrate on the shorter distances for the time being, and will worry about half marathons and marathons when I've achieved these goals.