Endurancelife Ultra Anglesey

Hi,

I've just put a post up over in the Events section, and now I've discovered this section where the post would really belong - don't know my way around the forums that well. Anyway, not sure if the mods will let me repeat the post but I'll give it a go...

I'm signed up for the endurancelife ultra on Anglesey in January and just wondered whether any of you out there have done this before? Or maybe you've done a different distance or a different coastal trail?

My background is mostly in fell and off-road events but this will be the first I've done in an area I am totally unfamiliar with.

I'm expecting to carry my own kit/water/food etc, but are there any water/food stations at all? And is it point-to-point route finding like fell races or is it a very precisely limited course like cross-country races?

My main question is regarding the terrain (seeing as I don't know the area at all.) It says 25% tarmac, 25% fell and 50% trail. Now I don't really know where the line lies that seperates trail from fell so I don't know if we're talking studded fell shoes or cushy trail shoes...

Anybody with experience or advice for me?

Thanks!

Lianna

Comments