Options

Winter Ballbuster 11th Nov

2»

Comments

• Options

Have to say my motivation has been non-existant in recent weeks with a resultant lack of training.  Did do a half marathon a few weeks back which went ok so just hoping fitness from the summer will carry me through!   

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

Could be very chilly, but looking forward to good conditions tomorrow image. Will be bringing shoe covers to stop my cleats clogging up in T1 - I recommend it!

See you at the NT cafe at about 7am....

• Options
    Good luck folks. Wish I was with you.
  • Options

Enjoy. Watch out for the fog and irate traffic on the forst run and bike.

I'll be XCing it tomorrow in the league.

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

Box Hill was stunning today. Before the start, the view south (?) was a blanket of low mist over the contours that you could see for miles. Then, as the sun rose higher, the tree colours throughout the course were spectacular. Perhaps I sustained minor hypoxic brain damage during the race, as I even spent most of the drive home feeling overwhelmed by the beauty of the English countryside today!!image

Plus I won my age group...

Great to catch up with CD, Slim and Gladys - see you again in March!

• Options

It was a great day with fantastic weather...although I cant say i spent my drive home feeling overwhelmed by the beauty of the English countryside...more overwhelmed by the cramp in my calves and tiredness! image

Well done Joddly on winning your age group...podium again!

If you dont mind I'll give the Spring one a miss - see you next November image

• Options
    I had a bad day at the office, just couldn't get going. By the time I was at the bottom of the hill for the last time the engine was still willing but there was nothing left in the legs.

Traffic on the course (cars, non-competing bikes, even a group out running round the course together) was far worse than on the usual Saturday race, but some of that may be down to the post-Olympics popularity of the place.

Good to catch up with the regulars though, and apologies to menace for responding to his request for a smile wi a resounding 'No!'.
  • Options

Well done guys ... and Joddly of course  image

• Options

Well done all. Next time CD; some days you catch fish, some days you mend the nets. Or sometimes you're the pigeon, sometimes you're the statue!

• Options
    joddly wrote (see)

Box Hill was stunning today. Before the start, the view south (?) was a blanket of low mist over the contours that you could see for miles.

You mean like this?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/559179_10151318531944595_329491112_n.jpg

Well done on the category win.  Great stuff.  image

I enjoyed it once my fingers came back to life. 3rd in category and 8th overall.  Good to catch up with you again CD.

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

That is exactly what I meant!

Very well done at the competitive end of the fieldimage.

• Options
    Saw this picture in similar vein from one of the spectators...

http://instagram.com/p/R4-yu1uES7/
  • Options

I saw Cheerful Dave not Cheerful: or Dave as I now call him. image

Wish I could be that far up the race and be having a bad race. Chin Up.

Saw Slim and gave him a couple of shouts and screamed at a delightful young lady in Pirate gear on the bike which was probably Joddly.

Couldn't hang around for the finish as I had to be back for family duties but did get some MTBing in on the way their and back. Also saw HappyChap in the Leatherhead Firestation 10k on way home, unlike Dave she was in good spirits.

M.eface

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

Thanks for the shout, and also for the "young".....image

• Options
    It was the hug M.eface. Maybe you should offer one to the athlete formally known as Cheerful Dave?

Joddly, awesome Ballbusting girly :0)
  • Options
    Oh right, and that's going to cheer me up, is it? image
  • Options
    Gladys M. wrote (see)
    You can always catch up with Joddly at the awards, Slim!
    She is always there with a surprised look on her face when they announce her name . Every year! image

Same this year.  She was just telling me how she might get third in AG if she was lucky, then they announced third in a much slower time than hers and it was like a light bulb coming on in her head.  Great to see.

• Options

Well done all! Sounds like an epic race - I thought they closed off the roads for it. Seems not. 

• Options
    m..eface wrote (see)

I saw Cheerful Dave not Cheerful: or Dave as I now call him. image

Wish I could be that far up the race and be having a bad race. Chin Up.

Saw Slim and gave him a couple of shouts and screamed at a delightful young lady in Pirate gear on the bike which was probably Joddly.

. Also saw HappyChap in the Leatherhead Firestation  on way home, unlike Dave she was in good spirits.

Oh yeah...something you should tell us HC.......image

• Options
    She'd been playing with a big hose and bigger helmets!?

I'll get my coat... image