BERLIN MARATHON 2013 REGISTRATION

Comments

• Email received and entry done.image.  definately 40th.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I received my notification and paid today for the 40th edition. I think they could be doing it waves or just sending out notifications in groups to ease the speed process

• I too was notified today. I have paid and received email confirmation of a acceptance.

• Sticky - my code email says 40th yet my receipt email says 39th there are a few on Facebook with similar position I have emailed them
  • sleaversleaver ✭✭✭

Whats the position with the PAPS test? One of the questions is if you've even been prescribied medicine for breathing. When I was a kid I used to have asthama, so if I put yes, is that going to work against me?

• I don't think you need to worry, Sleaver. I answered yes to a few questions about heart problems, and got in without problems (as I've done twice before in berlin). I am not really sure how relevant the paps-test is, for me it just ends up in a recommendation to get regular check-ups from my physician.

• Thanks JPenno, that is somewhat reassuring to know that I'm not the only one! I assumed they re-used this years email and forgot to change the email title and the event name within the email, as it also mentions 40th within the same email!

• Have had an email from them confirming that previous email was wrong! Will be taking that with me!
  • So it's not €60, it's actually €86 isn't it!  Another €20 to get your hands on a finishers t-shirt and a further €6 for the timing chip!  Wow, pricey marathon!

• Heard nothing yet but I was in the 100+ price bracket....image

• Don't pre pay for finishers tshirt or medal engraving as you can buy all that after the race in a tent only if you want it and complete it, loose extra cash if you don't finish or get there! Plus you may not like the finishers and there's loads there to buy.

I'm all paid up ???66 extra 6 for chip hire!

Does anyone know when/if the remaining slots come available for those who decide not to pay up?
  • Officially in now I've paid...110euros though! ouch + 6 for chip hire. now flights & Accom to sort out, not cheap this one but always wanted to go to Berlin so 2 birds 1 stone and all that. image

mcs - I got the email on the 31st Oct with my registration code.

• I have now paid up my fee too...was debating as only paid €66 for this year but have just coughed up €116 to run it again next year....It's such a well organised race and great for pb. Fingers crossed weather is good again. Cannot wait now! See you all there!

• Muzza wrote (see)
    Don't pre pay for finishers tshirt or medal engraving as you can buy all that after the race in a tent only if you want it and complete it, loose extra cash if you don't finish or get there! Plus you may not like the finishers and there's loads there to buy.

I'm all paid up ???66 extra 6 for chip hire!

Does anyone know when/if the remaining slots come available for those who decide not to pay up?

Think its 16 November they advise how many slots are available and then reopen them on 17th

• On November 16th information will be provided (via website, Facebook/Twitter and newsletter) on how many spots in each of the three categories will be open again for registration.

- So people can still get in for €60??!! Wish I had waited now! Seems a tad unfair.

• Not heard owt here, might just sign up for Snowden instead!!! The hillier option.image

• Berlin entries open again tomorra at 5pm our time, there are a 85 @ ???60 so get in there at bang on 5 and u could get them! 2,500 entries left in total!

It's a little naughty that people who didn't get in 1st time could still bag a ???60 entry in my opinion!
  • Hi guys, I'm in by running for a charity (mind).

Never done this one before and never been to berlin before. Please can someone give me suggestions of cheap hotels near start/finish.

Thanks
  • The website today for the extra 2500 tickets was pretty inadequate - server overloaded. 20 minutes later I've somehow got 2 confirmed pre-registrations, one for ???60 and one for ???110. I must have tried about 50 times putting in my details with it crashing and "not available" after clicking register.

I don't believe it though. Earlier I could see the numbers of tickets registered rising from 60 to 1500 and up then it dropped down to 2 or 3, my "successful" registrations were at 20 past 6 so I imagine I'll get a "sorry" email next week saying the site didn't work and they over subscribed image
  • Make sure you give your chip back at the end if you haven't bought it, I didn't realise it was a rental thing at all and I've just been charged 25 Euros for it. No real bother, my own fault and at least I can reuse it at some point in the future possibly. But thought I would let you all know.

• I have not been lucky obtaining a race number for the 2013 Berlin Marathon, not even during the extra ticket sale at November 17th. So if anyone  has second thoughts about participating in Berlin in September, please let me know, for I am really eager run over there!

• Hi Vincent, I have a place in Berlin marathon however I have decided not to run it this year. I am not sure on details for transferring though and whether you can or not. Does anyone know whether places can be transferred?

Many thanks.

• Hello I am desperately trying to get a ticket for the Berlin Half Marathon, is your ticket still available? I would love to buy it off you...

• Hi guys, I want to run this one in 2014. Does anyone know if there are good for age places and if so what are the procedures?? Thanks in advance for any advice.
  • I have a good for age entry for the London this year. I have also got any entry for this year's Berlin. When I applied for the Berlin there was no Good for Age category mentioned otherwise I would have applied under that. It is a simple first come first served system and you have to apply mighty quick as entries go in just a few hours.

• Ok thanks old scotia if you are on the ball is it pretty easy to get in or does it always go to a ballot like London?
  • Its easy to get in, so long as you submit your application online on the Berlin Marathon  website the instant applications open. You must do it within the first hour or you may be too late. It is not a ballot. You simply enter online. Once the 40000 places have gone thats it and you know instantly if you have a place our not. If you have a look at the  first few entries of this thread(October 25 2012) you will see how it works and the success or otherwise people had getting in. 

• Checked the website to confirm my entry and I'm in. Just need to book flights and accomodation. Might go from London City as just down the road from me.