Tuesday 13th November 2012

Morning...another sleepless night!

Today's lyrics:

People try to put us d-down

Just because we get around

You could say that Tom, NZC and myself were talking about this yesterday.

Yesterday's lyrics: Universal Soldier by Donovan

What: try to get my ankle comfortable

Why: its been quite painful since yesterday afternoon for no obvious reason.

Also got to do a Christmas list: have been nagged by sister-in-law for the past month. It will consist of running books washed down by red wine.

Back later.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning,

Club run tonight, I believe we're doing a 9 mile run this evening.

Last easy was yesterday, I finished early and never quite got moving again image

Lyrics... Yep, cracking tune image
  • Morning

Need to catch up.

• Morning.

Hope they get to the bottom of it soon and you're back running OH.

NZC - I have a half marathon on Saturday.

Straycelt - what time  would you normally run it in?

Hope it settles soon Alehouse. When do you see the physio again?

What:               swim
    Why:                I need to swim more
    Last hard:        21/10
    Last rest:         4/11

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

What: 0

Why: Still attached to drip

Last hard: Sunday night

No pain last night :-/
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning all,
    OH - yikes, take care and get well soon!
    aleH - hope the pain eases today. You still on anti-b's and painkillers?
    RFJ - one of our guys took a few photos from Goodwood. Decent one of you in the middle of them. If i figure out how to send direct e-mails from here I'll send it over. Was hoping to do Gosport but have 4 or 5 hours Hants hockey in the New Forest to go to...
    what - club session, so speedwork. Will drop back a group, not pushing a niggly hammy
    why - Tuesday
    last hard - saturday
    last rest - Thursday
    lyric - yep. I've heard of yesterdays artist, thats about all.

• Morning again!

LMH: first physio appointment is Friday, although we are in email contact.

Dustin: have had to restart painkillers overnight. Just finished a course of anti-biotics...short course following the prostate tests! Re yesterday's singer, worth having a listen: some people consider it one of the best anti-war songs. And take care of the hammy.

OH: recover well!

Sweep: hope you enjoy the club again.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Will do ah, been looking forward to the sessions, definitely the right move joining this club image
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Good morning all

OH - your yesterday post came as a shock. Gld you had a comfortable night and hope you'll be on top of it soon.

Lyrics - yes again, that's four 60s songs in a row. As you say Alehouse, Universal Soldier is a really good song. My favourite antiwar song of that era is "Eve of Destruction" by Barry McGuire and as a close second "Come Away Melinda" by Tim Rose......not forgetting "Rumours of War" by Billy Bragg and "Another Man's Cause by The Levellers (off to see them at Cambridge tomorrow)...etc

Dustin, Sweep and myself....Tuesday night is club night

Have a good day all
  • Tuesday night is club night here, too! imageimage

• Hope you're ok OH?

Enjoy all you club runs this evening!

What: gym after work - treadmill and weights probably

Why: cos I don't like running on my own in the dark plus I need to make use of membership

Last hard: Monday - body not hurting as much from body pump last night as I thought it would which is good

Last rest: Saturday

Also - this is totally random but anyone know how I get rid of the double line spacing on my comments, it's really bugging me!

• HH:  to eliminate the double line spacing press shift and return at the same time. We all suffered from that when we started posting I think!

• Ahhh thanks alehouse, that's been annoying me too!
    What: Gym later.
    Why: Failed this morning.
    Last hard: Wednesday.
    Last rest: Yesterday.
    Lyrics you bet.
    OH hope you're alright.

• Lyrics: Watcha talking about...of course...we'll need to give the youngsters a chanceimage
    What: Core session on a plate thingy at the gym
    Why: Never done one before and instructor at gym suggested it would be good for core and flexibility
    Last hard: Yesterday, first run since 14/10 and still feeling like a geriatric today
    Last rest: Thursday
    What's a club night?image
    Do you guys prefer the Glasgow boys warble to Buffy's original?
    LMH regular pacer at 8mm/1.45 run sub 1.35...that won't happen again until spring tho'
    Enjoy the runs all and get well soon all the sick and injured.

• Hey Folks

Been absent for a few days, busy and sick kids. Did a Aquathon on Saturday which unusually has teh run first so a 10.5K run in 43-40 and then a 1.8K swim in 38 mins, 2nd M50 but would have won the M40 AG!! Then had a hard club run last night 10 miles in 72 mins come the end. Friday is the annual Coast to Coast Charity ride, Persian Gulf to Indian Ocean 140 miles, 7,000 feet of climbing, haven't ridden further than 60 miles since Outlaw in July, could be interesting.

On the WAVA front I still achieve the same ratings over 5K to 10 Miles ( I never ran any further back then) as I did in my early 30's , but I have always been around 75% not in the exalted territory of AH, Tom and NZC. 

OH: Hope you find the problem

What: Cycled well before dawn as sick child singing to me at 0400 drove me out the door for a quick 30 miles, will trot 10K or so after work.
    Why: As always habit
    last Hard: last night
    last Rest: 11/11

Lyrics: yes 

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Straycelt, I have to confess that I didn't realise that the Donovan version was a cover. The only song I know by Buffy St Marie is Soldier Blue, but it's nearly 40 years since I last heard it. On the subject of cover versions, one of my favourites is the Vanilla Fudge's psychedelic version of "You Keep Me Hanging On" (original by the Supremes).
  • Thanks for all good wishes.

Hopefully home today. No definite diagnosis but nothing serious found (endoscopy and ultrasound)
  • That sounds interesting Tom...might check it out on youtube.
    Just had posting from mate who is on holiday on Boston....hankering to go back, might have to work on a GFA in the next 6-8months

• Hopefully good news OH...best have a couple of easy days then!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

lyrics yes,
    I am so lazy I just let it double space usually
    ale I love your xmas list
    oh hope you are ok, what has happened?
    what: 6 miles later, some gym as well
    why: building up miles
    last hard: sat xctry race
    last easy yesterday
    have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • OH: blimey, that was a bit of a shocker! did they suspect appendicitis? Hope you are on the mend.

Enjoy your club nights, all that are club members.

Ran 5 miles last night and felt better for it. Another 8 this morning in freezing fog. It was a tad slippery in places but I managed to stay vertical image

Lyrics: you bet!!

• Chickadee - no lost my appendix at age 13 (and gallbladder some time back). More concerned about ulcer as am on long term prednisolone - however looks all clear, phew image
    Home nowimageimage

• glad you are home, OH! Maybe that swimming in arctic waters was just too much image

• Evening

OH oh dear you have been through it. Hope you'll be ok now

Alehouse hope things start improving for you, really do. Yes have entered MK marathon

What: 4.3 miles
    Why: regaining the habit
    Last Hard: Yesterday though today  took a little effort
    Lyrics kicked myself when i googled

All nighter tonight so no running tomorow

• Glad to hear that you're home OH.

DD - that ride sounds good - did you do it last year?

Straycelt - don't suppose you're running Brass Monkey in January are you? I'd love a sub 1.40 pacer!

Dustin - just keep it easy with that hammy.

Enjoy the club runs everyone. Mine runs track on a Wednesday, but I seem to break every time I join them, and round the streets on a Friday but as I can usually fit my runs in during the daylight I've only ever been once.

• Goes to check out Brass Monkey, doesn't like the sound of it but gets LMH's drift. I'll keep you posted. Off to recover from Power Plateimage

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Hello

OH oh no.  Glad you've been let out though and hope you keep mending.
    DD 140 miles, crazy...

What: nothing
    Why: working too long, and need a rest day anyway.
    aching a lot from my fall but don't seem to have done any proper damage image

Have a good one all

• Reports back that Brass Monkey is full and tis in Yorkshire, quite some way from SEWales...HmmmLMH need to find something nearer...Tewkesbury, Worcester?

• It's flat and fast and my PB course though Straycelt image I can only really target running races outside of the tri season but am running VLM again next year so may be able to fit something in before that when I'll have a chance of being on good running form. Any suggestions?

Good news about the lack of damage emzap.

Getting busy at work Pammie?

Talking of suggestions - time to put together a xmas list - any good book recommendations?

• LMH: book list later perhaps!

7D: don't know whether you know but there is a video of Windmill 10k on the terryrunningonempty blog. May watch it later when on laptop.