Are you odd?

124»

Comments

• There is nothing weird about Tom's thorough, logical system.

I sieve baked beans once they're hot, because the sauce is nasty and makes the toast soggy.

• Good grief you lot, seems like odd is the new normal!image

• NykieNykie ✭✭✭

Oh nononononononononono! Normal is boring!

• I see similar traits to Tom in myself as far as the CD collection goes.

Everything is lossless and has cover art attached.  I also have the bpm of every track.

I make sure the title of the same tracks are encoded exactly the same on each and this also extends to groups. This goes so far as punctuation in the track title or artiste name I use the Guiness Book of British Hit Singles as my bible

• flyaway wrote (see)

I sieve baked beans once they're hot, because the sauce is nasty and makes the toast soggy.

That's just common sense.

(I.e. I do that too)

• Elli of the North wrote (see)
    PhilPub wrote (see)
    Elli of the North wrote (see)

All people and personalities are associated with a certain colour to me. I have a green brother and a red sister. My mum is pale pink and my dad is dark blue.

My best friend is yellow and a man who-things-are-complicated-with is burgundy

Sounds like a form of synesthesia.

Any neuroscientists in the house?  They must be loving this shit. 

Yeah have heard of that. All my weekdays, months and numbers are equal to certain colours as well. And words get a slight tint as I read them on paper/screen. 

I was thinking Synaesthesia when I saw your post too. Out of interest do you I actually see colours associated with people or is it more the concept of the colour? Always thought Synaesthesia was fascinating, and then found out that having shapes for things like number lines or the alphabet is a type of Synaesthesia. I just assumed that everyone did it! I remember as a child arguing with my sister as to whether our shapes for the months of the year went in a clock wise or anti-clockwise direction (the answer is obviously clockwise!).

• But more weird is that I noticed I don't poo for  the first couple of days when I go on holiday. No idea why - it's not like I have trouble going when out and about. It's like my body says "ooh holiday, better avoid the toilet!"

• One of the effects of modern telephony is to change a marker for oddness.

It used to be that talking to yourself on the high street would be seen as a sign of madness. Now you can safely talk to yourself as others will assume you are talking on a phone.

• Catalin Bond wrote (see)
    PhilPub wrote (see)

All people and personalities are associated with a certain colour to me. I have a green brother and a red sister. My mum is pale pink and my dad is dark blue.

My best friend is yellow and a man who-things-are-complicated-with is burgundy

Sounds like a form of synesthesia.

Any neuroscientists in the house?  They must be loving this shit. 

Yeah have heard of that. All my weekdays, months and numbers are equal to certain colours as well. And words get a slight tint as I read them on paper/screen. 

I was thinking Synaesthesia when I saw your post too. Out of interest do you I actually see colours associated with people or is it more the concept of the colour? Always thought Synaesthesia was fascinating, and then found out that having shapes for things like number lines or the alphabet is a type of Synaesthesia. I just assumed that everyone did it! I remember as a child arguing with my sister as to whether our shapes for the months of the year went in a clock wise or anti-clockwise direction (the answer is obviously clockwise!).

I'm not really sure. I just think of a colour when I think of a person, or a month, or a weekday. So I guess I see it in a way but then when I try to just pay attention to the colour, it fades and I can't really make my mind up whether it's actually green or blue.

Unless its a friend I know well. Months etc that keep repeating are self explanatory colourwise. 
    I always thought everyone did that too. Both my sister and brother do so I also just assumed its normal.

I've read about that shapes and 3-dimensional stuff. I find it interesting but I'm not really sure I get it. What sort of shapes do you see? For example, what does February look like to you? Mine is white with red outlining to emphasise it on a grey background. Funny I just realised that my iPhone is like February. It's a white one with red case around it image

• Following on with the synaesthesia thing, I've always considered numbers, letters and shapes to have specific colours. As a kid I would occassionally confuse them in conversation, meaning instead of saying 3 i would say red (& vice versa). I also found my favourite numbers were all the orange ones 5 & 25 in particular!! image