hip/hamstring/back/help

hello im fairly new to running as such i basically started going to the gym only this febuary to lose weight and i have kinda gone hardcore five days a week for an hour and a half doing  the exercise bike, rowing machine and treadmill and its worked for me so far, but im getting to the point where i think my body is breaking down, i first noticed trouble when a few months ago my hamstring gradually began hurting when running to the point that it was making me nauseous, so i stopped for about a month which was hard mentally because i was determined to keep up my good work, anyway i saw a pyhsio thearpist and he said it was the muscles in my back causing the pain which was hard to understand at first considering i had no pain there at all not even a little bit?!?! so eveytime after i would start running id be fine for a day then the next dy i'd have the same problem, so then i decided to use the elliptical running machine to save punishment of pounding on my back/hamstring this was fine for a couple of months but now im at the same point where my hamstring/hip/calf/ass (all down one side by the way on my right side no problems with the left side of my body at all) are constantly sore AFTER exercising i dont do the bike anymore or rowing machine only elliptical machine 30 mins a day and swimming , i eat well i strech well drink well ive tried massages etc etc etc i need HELP 

thanks

Comments

• This is beginning to feel like my one-answer-fits-all to every tight muscle problem posted on here, but get yourself a foam roller and learn how to use it. They're great for easing off tight muscles...
  • Also it might be a good idea to add some core work to your regime. Ab crunches, planks, back extensions, supermans (google if you're not sure what they all are) will all strengthen your core and help stabilise you when running. Not saying that's the problem but lots of people suffer pain and injuries in odd places primarily because they have a weak core...
  • thanks runs-with-dogs i'll give them a try

• cheers saves me posting ,im having same prob by sounds of thing all one side ass behind knee and just below knee ,starting 2 do my head in help

• john pryer wrote (see)

cheers saves me posting ,im having same prob by sounds of thing all one side ass behind knee and just below knee ,starting 2 do my head in help

john pryer wrote (see)

cheers saves me posting ,im having same prob by sounds of thing all one side ass behind knee and just below knee ,starting 2 do my head in help

its a headfu** is it muscle is it bone is it my hip my lower back upper back?!?!?!?!?!? everyone has a different answer, will it ever end? should i take medication this and that doctor or physio or chiropractor?!?!!?

• This sounds very much like the problem I am currently experiencing. Like yourself I'm quite new to running. Only into my second year of following programmes.

By last weekend I could hardly walk around. I've taken pain killers when it was feeling its worst. It does seem to be caused by tight muscles, probably hitting nerves. I haven't tried massage and I last experienced this problem in the Spring, so this is the second time.

On reading your own experience it sounds like you might be considering whether or not you've been overdoing things. This might be so, and rest ought to help it. I've taken the past week off any training but am desperate to get back into it. You will know when you are ready to go again. Good luck.

• I'm no expert when it comes to this but there has been a lot of this type of thread posted recently. To me, this has coincided with the drop in temperature (although it is rather pleasant this week) so it bodes the question "are you warming up properly ?"
  • Change of temperature is an interesting idea carter usm. That certainly crossed my mind as well since the last time I had this problem was earlier in the year following the last winter, as it was getting warmer.

• im warming up and doing everything by the book trust me im manic about it, im driving myself mad convincing myself that i have driven hip into early arthritus, is that even possible?!? perhaps i should take a big break but really dont want to

• AlistairJM wrote (see)

This sounds very much like the problem I am currently experiencing. Like yourself I'm quite new to running. Only into my second year of following programmes.

By last weekend I could hardly walk around. I've taken pain killers when it was feeling its worst. It does seem to be caused by tight muscles, probably hitting nerves. I haven't tried massage and I last experienced this problem in the Spring, so this is the second time.

On reading your own experience it sounds like you might be considering whether or not you've been overdoing things. This might be so, and rest ought to help it. I've taken the past week off any training but am desperate to get back into it. You will know when you are ready to go again. Good luck.

thanks alistairjm i think your right about resting up, i really dont wont to but i think its the only option, i should take a couple of weeks off but i know i'll cave in and after a week i'll be like "let me try a little run" i'll see how it goes