Thursday 15th November 2012

Morning

Todays lyrics:All your dreams are madeWhen you're chained to the mirror of your  razor blade

Why: Habit as you all know.

LMH: I remember 'Minks easy'. Wonder how Minx is doing these days ?. She used to post on here a few years ago.

I commute by bus 35mins to/from work so read on those journeys

ale: No thanks re that book

Coffee time now.

Comments

• Morning,

Social run with club runners tonight.

Known the lyrics two days on the trot!
  • Morning

Ah Minks one of the many to pass through this thread, a long and distinguished list.

Last nights 1K reps off 1 minute recoveries were all in the 3-40 to 3-50 bracket which is about as good as it gets.

What: Nowt
    Why: Long way to ride tomorrow, however our resident lady ultra nutter is running the full 220K which puts my efforts into perspective.
    Last Hard: Last night and in the pool yestreday lunchtime
    Last Rest: 11/11 

• Morning sweep and DD

MissB is getting Jess Ennis book for her Christmas.

• Morning.

Blisters -Two possibilities - you miscounted or you were more tired for this swim, or of course a combination of them both? Ten minutes is quite a lot to 'lose' over that distance.

DD - enjoy tomorrow's ride.

Unfortunately I can't read on a bus or in a car though I am fine on a train.

What:            nothing
    Why:             smt after work
    Last hard:     21/10
    Last rest:       4/11

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

What: rest day

Why: 2x 550 metres in 10 mins each with an hour and a half recovery last night

Last hard: that was

Reading: rarely read except on holiday or incapacitated. Reading about a book a day at present.

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hello all...
    ah yes , Minks if you're lurking pop in and say hello!
    Reading - hmm those that don't get time are possibly non commuters (or driving commuters)
    I have 2hrs+ a day at SouthWestTrains' pleasure, so its newspaper/book/sleep
    what - 6 or 7 easy, eldest has ladies hockey training tonight and I have 75minutes to kill
    why - rested yesterday as legs achey
    last rest -- erm, yesterday
    last hard - tuesday
    lyric - yes indeedy

• I pretty much always read for half hour or so in bed before I sleep, is a habit I've had since at school.
  • Lyrics: Yes
    What: Spin Class tonight
    Why: Tapering for Saturdayimage
    Last hard: Yesterday sadly
    Last rest: Last Thursday
    Hurting everywhere today and it seems like a mountain to climb to get back to where i want/need to be. I've got two Murakami books because more than one person leved me last Christmas so if anyone wantsimage
    Alehouse, cracking effort, well done!
    Blisters: Where is the answer?

• What: Nothing.

Why: No time. Job interview this morning, back to work, then out tonight.

Last hard: Wednesday.

Last rest: Monday.

Lyrics yes! Had to repeat them a couple of times before they sprang to life.

I work in libraries and archives and love reading! Rarely manage it on my train commute as it's so packed but I make time at home or by getting the bus.
  • good luck with the interviw GG!

I can't read in the car either ... but that's because I'm driving image. I know women are supposed to be able to multi-task but I've yet to master this one ...

A lot of Murakami books going ...  My colleague is really into Murakami as an author but even she didn't get into the running book.

what: speedwork later
    why: freezing fog this morning meant I missed by run. Cold air + hard running = asthma attack image
    last hard: that'll be tonight then
    last rest: 17/11
    lyrics: ring a bell, I think I know the tune

• What: Short run with JS group shortly
    Why: It's Thursday
    Last Hard: Monday
    Last rest: Today
    Lyrics: No

I read a few books but yet to read a book about running/runners
    Not a commuter  - drove 70 miles to work over M62 for 6 months of my life - never again! Now live 5 min walk away from work but usually drive as I need the car.

AH well done - assumng 1.5h recovery was in the middle and included rehydration!
    StrayCelt - all the best for Saturday
    GGG good luck

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Good evening

Lyrics - yes

I too have a copy of that Murakami book, bought for me as a present. Sadly didn't do to much for me either.

Club night tonight may have to loaf a little as I have a very tight hamstring - a possible legacy from Tuesday session.

Best of luck with the interview GG
  • OH: indeed, rehydration was involved! You seem to have made a good recovery!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Glad you're feeling well enough to run OH.

GGG - fingers crossed. When do you find out?

See you Saturday Straycelt!

Tom - take it easy!

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • LMH
    There will be three of us lurking at the back, A scotsman, an Englishman and an Indian. I'll be the one ion the Macmillan t-shirt and Buff sporting the ginger and white Movember moustacheimage Do come and say hello!

• Survived 6.25 with the group without mishap image
  • Evening

Sorry been a frqantic day well not frantic just busy. Bike came a cropper cycle home this morn  in the fog  but can't blame  The Fog (now thats a good book) not sure whats wrong  brain didn't take it in  but something to do with the front gear, derailler (sp!)) wear and tear or summat felt like bike was dragging somehow managed to cycle to shop don't know how or if it was wise  shop is 2 miles away sorry a bit me me and i guess i should know more about bike mechanics

Books love them just don't seem to have the time nowadays i have started so many just don't seem to finish them. Can't remember if its on the list but i like Why Die by Graeme Sims. Its all about Percy Cerutty who seemed an interesting man and i wonder what it was like to be coached by him

Also the famous Yellow book. The Van  Aaken method (English version) By the man himself Dr Ernst Van Aaken. The original German Version is supposedly longer

I also have Marathon Training by Manfred Steffny  its in German apparently not in English print i don't speak German just know the odd words. Perhaps i should learn so i can read the thing

Have so many others

LMH the other nights shift was just normal not getting chaotic yet  just changing the promotional offers

What: 2 miles cycling 8 miles walking - i jest not
    Why: as above  things to do people to see
    Last Hard: Todays cycle
    Lyrics no

• Good to survive with no mishaps OH. Tnx for good wishes.
    GG hope i'view a success.
     Back from spin, hot and sweaty. Must balance out with a good beer and a curry. Ideal race prepimage

• Sounds like an interesting day, Pammie! Good suggestions for books! I'm surprised no-one else mentioned Cerutty and Van Aaken.

• 7 mile loop done this evening in just under an hour, had a few compliments on how I've noticeably improved since I joined, wish was a nice confidence boost image
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all

What 5.5m with Jnr
    Why - Easy Run
    Last hard - Tues
    Last rest - Mon

Lyrics - No

Take care

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Straycelt - well done on the Movember. Back in the 70's (Oh God, he's on about the decade that fashion forgot...again!) I had the full Dave Bedford set of 'tash, 'boards and frizzed (natural..honest) hair.....and of course minimalist running shoes (addidas SL72s)......was I cool, or what?

Lively session at the club, as I can't resist the challenge of chasing after people who are better than me. About 7M fartlek - left for dead on the short sharp stuff but.
  • Tnx Tom...my OH is pressurising removal and I do have sympathy but a boy's gotta do....
    7m fartlek...that stopped being speedplay at least 2 miles beforeimage...my minimalist running shoes in the hare and hounds at uni were tru form own make at four quid a pair!

• Yesterday's lyrics "A town called Malice" by The Jam
    Today, no idea.

LMH. There was definitely no miscounting. Even at 16 lengths I was a minute down. I put this down to the stroke improvements that I have been embedding. It's far less thrashy and has more side to side roll. There's better symmetry as a result. I'm reaching further up the pool and generally using less energy. However, it's now blatantly clear that I'm not trying hard enough, either with the amount of water I'm trying to grab and push back, or the stroke rate which is quite lazy.
    In running terms I'm doing a very gentle jog. Adding another 50 lengths would hold no fear even at this stage. One thing that was quite odd yesterday, after 75 lengths I seemed to relax and get a bit of feel for the water.

Bother, look at the time. No run completed.

• Tut tut blisters...stop apologising for the things....I wish I could swim.....it'll all be gloriously clear in the morning. Tri definitely beyond me.  More fun at the gym in the morning where they'll try and stretch the tightest hamstrings they have ever seenimage