Asics 1160

Hiya, I was just wondering if anyone could offer me some advice on an alternative pair of trainers to the asics 1160.  I had my gait measured and these were recommended to me, however, I would like to try something different as I have been buying the same trainers for a year now.  Any idea which ones to try?image

Comments

• to be honest...if you are not having any problems with a particular model then I would not change it......they are not cheap and so many people try shoe after shoe..picking up injuries and then having to abandon them..

if it ain't broke then don't fix it.image

• stutyrstutyr ✭✭✭

Obvious alternative is the slightly more expensive Asics 2170 model, that you may be able to pick up cheap in the sales.  The other alternative in the Asics range is the DS Trainer that is a lighter trainer but with the same support as the 1000 and 2000 series.

Alternatively,  any mild support shoe from the various other brands should be fine.  Although, as seren nos said, if you get on with the asics 1000 series you may be better sticking with them.  It can be an expensive & sometimes painful experience getting the wrong shoes.

• Thank you seren nos image

Stutyr, what are the differences between the 1000 and 2000 is there much? I've seen some cheaper 2170's in the sale you see so thought I might give them a bash? image

• I wouldn't change to the 2000 series if you are mild pronator unless they have changed in the last few years..the 2000 series was for those who pronate more and when i tried out a pair as they were free I had problems with them as they had too much support........

this was about 6 years ago so they might have changed that...my son pronates more than me and he was advised 4 years ago that he needed the 2000 series not the 1000 series...so must be in the last couple of years the change happened if it did....

have  aread on their website before buying to make sure

• stutyrstutyr ✭✭✭

My experience of 1000 and 2000 series is that the padding in the 2000 series is a little bit plusher, i.e. they seemed to soften the impact from the ground a little more, but other than this were very similar. This was about four years ago.  

Not sure of Seren's experience as they now both fall into the stuctured cushioning range on the Asics web site, and I'm pretty sure they've been like that for a few generations.  

• reading the websites.tye 1170s are for moderate pronators and the 2170 for those who are not moderate........

so i would change with caution.....i would think it depends on your level of pronation.....

i would recomend a good runing shop ....

• Good morning, thank you so much for the advice.  I have learnt that it's to stick to what you know.  I will treat myself to another gait test after Xmas, see what is recommended to me then.... bet it's still the 1160.

Thanks again image