Friday 16th November 2012

Morning you lot

Todays lyrics  Don't let them fool ya, Or even try to school ya! Oh, no!

Yesterdays lyrics: Morning Glory' by Oasis.

What: 4M Easy

Why: Legs weren't in mood for anything faster !

Catch up time.

I'm defo in mood now to think about my Christmas reading list

Comments

• Morning,

Have a feeling I should know the lyrics, but nothing coming to mind immediately, will think (hope it comes on the radio) throughout the day.

Gonna have a rest day today

GG how did your interview go?
  • Morning sweep

GG: as sweep mentioned how did your interview go ?

• Morning.

Blisters - sounds as though you know what you need to do.

OH - good news.

Straycelt - that sounded like the start of a joke image

sweep - sounds as though you found the right club. 

Pammie - hope the bike is soon fixed and doesn't cost too much.

What:              30 minutes easy
    Why:               racing tomorrow
    Last hard:       21/10
    Last rest:        15/11

Lyrics - familiar but can't name that tune.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

What: drive 50 miles each way to see physio

Why: has to be done to see Phys of choice...not looking forward to it as only driven about 20 miles so far. At least it is nearly all motorway.

Sweep: a nice comment to receive. The club is obviously doing you some good.

Tom: hope there is no reaction today from being tempted during last night's session.

Lyrics: I'm confident with the singer, but not with the title!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hope DD is enjoying his bike ride! Sounds a memorable one!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Went to bed early last night, just efore midnight  i was shatttered, set alarm for 9 so i could nip straight away to the bike shop to hand in key (to remove the wheel) but as you can see i'm awake woke an hour ago and couldn't get back so will head out soon run there and back

What: 4 or 5 miles ish
    Why: as above and to get some miles in
    Last Hard: Yesterday
    Lyrics no

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Good morning

Hamstring is a bit tight this morning, so caution dictates a no run day

Lyrics - absolutely no idea.

Alehouse - good luck with the physio.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all and schonen Freitag
    Ale- goodluck with fizz
    Pammie - good luck with the bike stuff..
    GGG - well....????
    lyric - pretty sure I know these

last night took eldest to ladies hockey training, did a mile or so on the track, illuminated only by the hockey lights (track training stops at 8 for the club) then another 6 or so on the streets. Hamstring a bit sore still but made it through.
    Following Tom's approach, and yielding to caution, today could be a no run day.

have a lovely weekend!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    A fleeting visit

I am alive, jogging slowly 10-20 miles a week. Ankle has good and bad days

Cycling is going well.

I hope everyone is well.

regards

Gobi
  • Good to see you, Gobi! Have noticed the odd parkrun and occasionally look at the blog so knew you were still alive!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    The odd parkrun shows how little I run image

ps. I know the lyrics
  • Lyrics: Yup, one of my fav and nice to see my sons enjoy him too.
    What: Power plate sesh at gymn
    Why: Saving legs for tomorrow's plod round the airfield
    Last Hard: Wed
    Last Rest: Last Thursday
    GG: Result please
    AH Hope physio sesh is worth the journey
    Rugby tonightimage

• Hope it's positive news from the physio Alehouse.

Nice to see you Gobi.

Tom - was it worth it though?

Dustin - take it easy. I found that I could do easy running on the flat when my hammy was bad but anything else set it off.

I took my 30 minutes very easy this morning. Legs feel good after the not so tender ministrations of smt. Just wish I were fit enough o use them to full effect tomorrow!

• Morning again

Ended up doing 7 miles slight detour to bike shop and a slight detour back in a little over 72 minutes stopping at the occasional road crossing and pass some sort of traffic incident police and paramedics there policeman said it was ok to run down that way. Hope  everyone concerned was ok or will be ok

Straycelt - Playing or Watching? Good luck either way

• Pammie, watching Wales take revenge on Samoaimage Don't think even I would play tonight and run tomorrowimage

• Lyrics yes! Thanks for interview encouragement guys. Probably won't hear til next week but it went well I think!

What: Ran to the gym and back, plus treadmill intervals = 5k total.

Why: Day off and last time at the gym! Moving this weekend, will be joining a new one then.

Last hard: Today.

Last rest: Yesterday.

Gosh what a treck to get to your physio alehouse, but definitely worth it for the best treatment.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon all

What:6.2 miles in the freezing (well1C) cold.  Reached the dizzing heights of 2C here today!
    Why: day off image

Hello Gobi image
    GGG glad interview went well
    LMH, straycelt  good luck tomorrow (it is tomorrow isn't it?)
    Ale What did the fizz say?

Have a good one all.

• Certainly is emzap...off to Cardiff now, will report back pm tomorrow!

• What: RNLI cox's retirement buffet dance
    Why: 30y service
    Last rest: today
    LAst hard: Monday
    Lyrics: no

straycelt and LMH Go...

• Hi Gobi image

Pammie, hope your bike can be fixed! Those Steffny books aren't particularly good. I wouldn't waste time on them. Somehow English language running books are much better (like P&D and Daniels). If I followed one of them Germany training plans I'd be nowhere near where I'm now. Not enough mileage, not enough specifics.

Tom. wrote (see)
    Straycelt - well done on the Movember. Back in the 70's (Oh God, he's on about the decade that fashion forgot...again!) I had the full Dave Bedford set of 'tash, 'boards and frizzed (natural..honest) hair.....and of course minimalist running shoes (addidas SL72s)......was I cool, or what?

aaaargh! So you looked like them 118118 dudes image ??

Well, I ended up with an easy run last night as the fog had returned but got a 10k pace pyramid in this morning. Jeez, but I really really can't do fast at the mo image

Enjoy the weekend!

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Chick - 118 118 aaargh indeed!

LMH - on balance it wasn't a good idea to do hard efforts last night. It's a matter of weighing up the benefits of being well regarded by your club mates as being an uncompromising trainer and hobbling (unseen by them) across the bedroom this morning. i'm supposed to be doing 16M tomorrow with the club, but that may depend on how well I hobble across the bedroom at 6.00am tomorrowimage
  • Don't do it Tom!

Enjoy OH. Hope you don't get too bad a case of ear ache image

Chickadeee - I just don't do fast. Full Stop. Hence racing a little more really.

It's a very civilised start tomorrow - 1100hrs - so I should be around beforehand but thank you for the good wishes.

• Evening

LMH/Straycelt good luck tomorrow

Chickadee yep have them books too.

Phone call from bike shop bike is ready to go will pick him up tomorrow morning

• Tom - I feel your pain! It feels so good to be able to hang in there even for a short while. Maybe you better do your long run easy tomorrow, and be ready for more fun on the shorter run next week.

What: No run from me, but walk to the park with gdaughter and Mae,

Why: I have had my 3yr old gdaughter all week, during the day, as my daughter and 13 year old gdaughter have been on school camp. Very difficult to explain to a 3 year old where Mummy is. It must have felt like "tomorrow" would never come! 

So, very little running from me this week.

• Evening

LMH and stray : Aw ra best.

Gobi: Nice to hear from you mate.

Tom: 118 indeed. image

• Lyrics seemed familiar, but a Google was needed.

A grey day here. Managed a 5 mile run on arrival home. Better than nothing.
    I'm leading out the Group 2 cyclists tomorrow, and it's going to persist it down all morning. I may elect to go for a plan B involving a coffee and cake stop.