Gosport Half-Marathon

Comments

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

no need for any drastic measures.

A nice hot water on the morning will flush things out.

Or if you want to go extreme, go for a mix of hot coffee, fruit and lucozade.

• My number finally arrived, must have just crept in at 1988 of 2000 image

Feel a bit spoiled on the toilet front, lol, moved down here last week, so loo stop at home around the 11-12miles point and in-laws at 6 miles

Glad the weather is forecasting no wind, ran along seafront this week in training and into the wind was tough!! might be a bit chilly, looks like sun but coming off about 0C brrrr

• just been out on short test run went ok no pain, so ready to run like a nutter at 10am on Sunday. Leaving Somerset very early because my tractor only as a top speed of 18 mph. 

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

JPAtko, tell us the number and address just in case we need to pop in.image

• Lee-on-Solent DavidF3, only moved here last week, lol, race starts n finishes on boundry of Gosport, but oddly that's the closest it gets, the whole race is in the next town over!?!

I'll put a sign up StevieG, 10p a time x 2000 runners, sounds like a good earner image ... there actually some real toilets on sea front at about 12miles, just before the sailing club if anyone gets really desperate!

• On the plus side I'm feeling a bit better. Probably not sensible to run but I will.

On the negative side I'm at a children's birthday party filling my face with cupcakes. Does this count as carbo loading? image
  • So you guys are advising to arrive in Gosport by 9am then?
  • I will be running tomorrow as well image feel free to say hi to no 1639
  • Yeah 9am sounds about right, got to get the timing chips sorted before the run and thats about it!

Emerge with a big smile on yer "Blue" face David!! image It's bloody freezing in there, lol! ... The loo's are kept pretty clean down here to be fair, but if you really want to ice yer achey legs before you finish.... image

• Oh crap, I'm sure one glass of wine with my Spag Bol + Garlic bread won't slow me down too much....will it? 

Good luck from race no 1616

• I've just had a massive curry. Fully fuelled up lol.
  • Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

good luck people.

I've had to pull out...had a couple of niggles, and slightly tweaked my back into the mixer too...throw in a 90mile drive and all in all would have been foolish.

make me proud everyone image

• I got a PB today, took 2mins 34 seconds off from last year so really chuffed considering my injuries at present.

The weather was great too, we could not have asked for better weather.

It was great to meet WalkJogDave, hope you enjoyed your first half marathon!

anyone coming back next year???

• Likewise - nice to meet you Zoe. Thanks for the pace for the first few miles, but I couldn't keep up image Second time around the airfield was a bit gruelling for me, but that band lifted the mood.

• does that mean you would do it again? I think for a first half marathon its a great course, the marshalls are always great and I like the band!

• Agreed it was a great course, superb weather, and a great day. The final leg along the prom was fantastic, and took my mind off those mountainous gentle slopes. Marshalls were superb BTW.

Bearing in mind I am at the start of my running 'career' (at the grand old age of nevermind), I would need to select carefully what I do, but yes I would do that one again, if only to haul my old bones around the course to whoop yo' ass (is that the right way to say that imageimage).

Does anyone here know if the person (lady, I think) who fell over entering the airfield the second time is okay. Were they able to carry on running? It sounded quite serious.........

• Great run for me too. Managed it in 2 hrs 1 minute, so I'm pleased with that. I did struggle with the last couple of miles, slowing down to a walk a couple of times. Hope everyone has had a good day! Never has a Caprisun tasted so good!

• Results are out, one thing I have noticed is your overall position time is based on the time you came through the start not the chip timing.

David M, pleased you had a good day,

I feel motivated now to put in for portsmouth half marathon in feb image

• What a shame StevieG, image was perfect conditions for running today, cool, sun and no wind (unless you were behind Khanivore maybe? after his pre-run curry?? lol)

Well done Zoe on the PB and WJD on your run. image

My run went ok, slowed for 10,11,&12 before the final push, but still beat my 95mins target by over a minute, so happy with that!

• I enjoyed the Gosport hm today too, managed a 1.50 which is a PB for me. This was just my third HM in as many months and my pace management is crap - went off with a few of the front runners and got sucked into a first couple of quick miles under 8 min / mile pace (1st mile was 7.36!!) (even though they were all leaving me standing). Then settled into a 8.30 or so pace, so was a lot better after that.

Note to self: must calm down at the startimage

I've got the Grim in a couple of weeks, so need to keep training. Great support from the marshalls and the band were grear, but the airfield is pretty dull..... but I'd do it again ..

• I really enjoyed the run especially as it was a really gorgeous day!! Loooved the goody bag at the end!! Will be back next year!

• Well it was clearly a good day for all then as I PB'd also by over five minutes?!?!  I was after about a 84 but got 80:42 so well happy.....actually gobsmacked is more like itimage

Any impromptu toilet breaks then??