Dudes in the nude....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20218094

Would you be offended or find naked men any more "provocative" than a female nude?

I wouldn't and am frankly surprised there's any debate about it - but then I'm a girly.

Damned shame it's in Vienna is all I can say image

Comments

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

It doesn't bother me that much but then again - i'm not really offended by nakedness. We're all humans - we've all got the same bits so what's the point in being offended?

I wouldnt mind going to see what all of the fuss is aboutimage

• Emmy_H wrote (see)

We're all humans - we've all got the same bits so what's the point in being offended?

You have a penis? image

• I have tits and a fanny????
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Indeed you do. What I mean is that you've seen a naked woman before, I've seen a naked man... There's not much difference between one and the other.

Or would you like to compare image
  • Yellowmag wrote (see)

Went to Vienna a couple of weeks ago and saw this. Its a great exhibition.  The posters in the streets of the city with the French footballers are explicit, so I am not surprised at the reaction, but that's how taboos get broken down. Somebody had to be the first to put three willies on an advertising poster.

BTW Why is this discussion on Runners World?

Clearly someone hasn't been here very long.....image

• i wouldn't be offended by it.its a naked body.so what.......surely everyone in the world has sen on either in real life or in a book.

for the article to try and say that a female naked body is soft and non theratening.it shows veulnerability whilst a male naked body is threatening and aggressive..............surely all that is in the positioning of he body..surely the model could change from one to the other in seconds to portray aggresion or softness

• I guess what the article is trying to say is that it's a deep-rooted cultural thing and I guess if nothing else the exhibition challenges that.

But viewing the male body as aggressive and the female body as vulnerable in this day and age just reinforces sexist stereotypes and doesn't do either men or women any favours IMO.

• ive tried every pose going but...no...i can't make my naked body threatening or aggressive.

whichever way you look at it....i look like winnie the pooh.

• But can you do 'softness' in just a few seconds ??

• the dude abides wrote (see)

ive tried every pose going but...no...i can't make my naked body threatening or aggressive.

whichever way you look at it....i look like winnie the pooh.

Try holding a baseball bat image

carterusm wrote (see)

But can you do 'softness' in just a few seconds ??

PMSL image