ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

Comments

• Well, I guess I haven't got a place this year. At the end of the day. I entered this with an open mind, and nothing will deter me from trying my hardest and being the best that I can be. Congratulations to those who have won a place. I'll keep an eye on who to vite for when the time comes!image

• Anybody had the call? They cant say I guess!! I haven't yet!!!image

• I must admit, I was under the impression that those who were chosen would have been told last Friday, but when I look on that section on this website, it says to watch this space for updates.. Confused.. I amimage

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

I'm in - just so excited now!

They did email on Friday. I was a bit worried about posting until I checked with RW that it was ok to do so - paranoid about being kicked out for breaching the rules image

Really sorry if you didn't get the call. To anyone else who did, I look forward to talking shop with you next Friday!

• watch this space is just for their next feature on it......

everyone was told last week.

well done malcsimage

• Congratulations to whoever is through to the next round.

My votes can still be bought image image  20% discount before boot camp.

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Malcs - well done on getting through. I will be seeing you there! Have had confirmation that it is ok to broadcast as well. In fact I am even allowed to tweet it. image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Congratulations DS2 and thanks seren nos!

I suspect, many may have been a bit worried about posting as there were some suggestions around the forums that we might have to keep tight lipped. Quite rightly nobody wants to blow their chances.

Tenjiso - ha! image we're worried enough about whether posting here would jeopardise our chances never mind buying votes! image   

• i imagine they might talk more to you at bootcamp about posting on the forums.........they said they would last year and one of those picked at bootcamp hadn't posted at all and continued not to post at all when the vote was taking place so that noone could find out about them at all.................such a waste of a place......

• Well done Malcs and DS2. Will be looking out for you on the forums when the voting starts. Enjoy the bootcamp.

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

@seren nos: I haven't been active at all myself until now - been more of a lurker - if that doesn't sound too insidious image  Now I'm part of the process I intend to participate as fully as I can.

PS. you have 28 thousand+ posts! I just feel inferior now.

@BeckyS: thanks!  

• malcs.i think its great that it brings in lurkers and new people .and great that you join in........

i wouldn't expect all the people to be selected to be already busy on the forum........but when you have been selected it makes sense to start to get used to posting on the forums.you will have your own busy thread and people like to see what kind of character you have.....

my problem was that one of the shortlisted did not make a single post........how on earth could they tink they could contribute to a thread if they couldn't even be bothered to do a hello postimage

• PS the maority of my posts over the last 8  years had been crapimage

• The cynic in me says that the results of the voting will make little, if any difference.

Much like voting for Government, now I come to think of it image

• Hey hey hey!!  Such a relief to finally say........ I'M IN and bouncing!!

I too had been a lurker but have to say it is rather addictive now!!

Good Luck to everyone at bootcamp!

• Well done to all who got in! I'm just a tiny(read hugely!!) bit gutted I didn't get in!

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

congratulations to all bootcampers!! I'll see you there, cos i'm in too image

I've been lurking on this site, and posting on other unrelated sites... but I recognise a few names from other threads on here *waves*

Thank you for all the really useful advice from past bootcampers.

• Well done to all who have passed the 1st hurdle - lurkers or not, we want to hear how you get on.........so don't be shy. There is a thirst for knowledge on here as so many lesser mortals are in your footsteps if not quite in the spotlights!

• Well done jenf - great news. Wishing all the bootcampers a great day although I am green with envy!image

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    thanks Becky. I 'll fly the flag for 'vets'

now I really need to get a picture sorted for my posts!
  • Yeah, one day I must get around to that too.  Not right now though.

• If you are off to Bootcamp all the best I enjoyed it last year. When it comes to the time trials make sure you finish in the top four and you will get through. Well thats how it worked last year. I came second in my group and got through to the vote. DONT post loads of vote pleas like I did or you will annoy folk. Just one. RW and Asics dont give you any guidance on posting so be careful. There are alot of cynics and its a free world and you may get abuse so be careful what you say. ALL the best enjoy Friday its fun and get involved.image

• As a long, long-term lurker, I thought I would step out of the shadows to say hello as I have also been told that I've got a place at Bootcamp.

I feel a lot more prepared for it after reading this thread (even though it did little for my productivity at work this morning), so thank you all very much! Posts on these forums have probably had more impact on my running than anything else so it's about time I tried to contribute something in return.

Looking forward to getting stuck in and meeting some interesting people next Friday! 

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Thanks for the tips mcs. Time trials? Now you've made me nervous! image

Well done Steve! See you in a week.

• I'm going to bootcamp too!! Wooo-ooo-oo! (waves!)

I'll try to leave some jaffa cakes for the rest of you at the lunchtime spread image !

• RunnyRunRun you can have mine... I prefer a fig roll!

(sorry for anyone who can't remember the advert! It was a favorite of mine!!)

• seren nos wrote (see)

malcs.i think its great that it brings in lurkers and new people .and great that you join in........

i wouldn't expect all the people to be selected to be already busy on the forum........but when you have been selected it makes sense to start to get used to posting on the forums.you will have your own busy thread and people like to see what kind of character you have.....

my problem was that one of the shortlisted did not make a single post........how on earth could they tink they could contribute to a thread if they couldn't even be bothered to do a hello postimage

I wouldn't be surprised if they saw some of the hugely negative responses that the other posters had received and decided they didn't want to do it any more! image Last year was the first time that I followed the selection process and all the 'Vote for Me' threads and I was quite surprised at some of the posts, especially when the actual training threads are really positive.

Good luck to everyone through to bootcamp! Enjoy the experience and look forward to reading about how you all got on image

• Not long to go folks - hope those going to boot camp are starting to get a bit excitey!  Please remember first and foremost to just enjoy it - chances are that you won't be able to influence the outcome so get everything you can out of the day whilst you're there!

Can't wait - to hear how you all get on!

Someone have a jaffa cake for me image

• SB - I will most definitely have a jaffa cake for you - in fact I think I will have as many as I can hold. LOVE jaffa cakes! In fact I am considering taking fig rolls to hold B&WT off of the jaffa cakes!

Thanks xine267. Am just hoping to get as much out of it as possible! I'm counting getting this far as a win ... any more is a bonus! image