Todays lyrics: Don't know where you're going, used to be a star.'

Yesterdays lyrics: Private Dancer by Tina Turner

What:5M Steady

Why: Habit

Now catch up time

back later.

Comments

• Morning.

A wet start here, hope it clears up in time for my run.

Enjoy sweep!

What:                10 miles easy
    Why:                  only opportunity this week
    Last hard:          not giving up after the second interval yesterday
    Last rest:           15/11

Lyrics - not today.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning,

Lmh, I'm really looking forward to it, had thought I wouldn't get much chance to run this weekend.

Might pop out for a quick recovery run tonight, but nothing too stressful as will have a long run Thursday and then rest till Sunday.

Hope you all have a good day image
  • Oh, nearly forgot the lyrics... Erm, nope again!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hiya, 
    Sweep, congrats on the win & good luck for Sunday. I've only been to Sandown to watch the very fast runners (with 4 legs!) 
    timed intervals last night: 3mins,2mins, 90s, 1min, 45s, 30s and same back up again, all with 45s slow jog recovery (on grass). Was a bit slippy so glad i had spikes on. Struggled to stay with the (2nd fastest) group on the way down, but maintained effort/pace, and was actually 2nd to finish at the end. So all in all very pleased. Hamstring still tight but doesnt feel strained or pulled now. Stretching continues...
    what - dayoff from work, but Christmas shopping with mrs D, so i'll need an hour easy later to ease the retail related stress.
    why - recovery
    last hard - yesterday
    last rest - friday

lyric - don think so 

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

birkmyre how did I not know yesterdays lyrics, and I am sure I will say the same about today!

good solid club run last night, weight is now only 4lbs away from where I want to be! Running is feeling so so much easier because of it

what: gym session this monring

why: no running today

last hard: this morning

last easy: Sunday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning!

Good news on the weight, Wabo. Funnily enough weighed myself yesterday, as I suspected I had lost weight: now half a stone lighter than before the op, which is a bit of a surprise. Nervous energy must burn lots off! Only another stone or so to go.

What: 2 x 6 minutes on the exercise bike.
    Why: yesterday I coped with 2 x 5 minutes.
    I will also walk to the pub, whether permitting (its chucking it down at present!). Only to see if I am slightly fsster than a week ago of course.

Enjoy your retail therapy, Dustin!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Well done on the weight loss Wabo and Alehouse. It is very wet here, paths are flooding too. I really want to do my run today but am going to find it hard to find somewhere that's not ankle deep in water to run I think. I don't think I can face 10 miles on the treadie, however bad the rain.

Dustin - hope it's not too expensive a day out. You're very organised (or Mrs Dustin is at any rate!).

• What: hopefully short run after work
    Why: no running yesterday (cr@p weather) and down to Inverness tomorrow so I'll miss the usual group run
    Last rest yesterday
    Last hard : ?
    Lyrics: no, as usual

• weight loss is always a good thing image. I didn't lose anything but I'm pleased that I'm still marathon weight. I thought I put on loads what with eating too much junk and only relatively low mileage since October image.

sweep: nice win - enjoy the weekend

LMH: hope the weather improves. We have lots of wind but luckily no rain.

good speedwork sweep and Dustin.

what: 10 miles d&d before work
    why: just steady mileage
    last hard: Sunday
    last rest: Saturday
    lyrics: no

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Good morning

Really wet and 'orrible here this morning. Managed a steady 7.3M with a bit of discomfort in the hamstring. Not quite sure where the symptoms lie on Dustin's spectrum of tight.....strained ....pulled. Somewhere between tight and strained I think as I don't have any significant discomfort when I'm not running. Anyway sitting on ice pack at present.

Hope you can all get out sometime today
  • What: Definitely 8k - possibly 18k.
    Why: Home Run but depending which route (have been asked to lead my old route) I might run on home from there. 
    Last hard: Sunday.
    Last rest: Monday, Tuesday
    lyrics: No.
    I spotted that Sandown show sweep, might have gone if it weren't for the Hayling 10. Will be good to hear what it's like.

• It was very wet and I ran through the first of many ankle deep puddles inside the first mile but 10 miles banked.

Tom - if there's no discomfort when not running I'd say you're doing well. I could usually feel mine if I'd been sitting for any length of time - and that was just the most recent, manageable strain, the serious ones which took three months rest to heal each time had me lame at the walk.

GGG - hope it's not too windy for the Hayling 10. I lived on the island for a while but wasn't running at the time and then the race wasn't run for a few years I think. Would like to go and do it but it's a long way and the friend I would have visited at the same time sadly died this year.

OH - business or pleasure? Any chance of fitting in a run along the canal?

• LMH - business (Clinical Tutors) and tight schedule although plane home is earlier than I had thought, so may get a run in on return - IF all goes to plan

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    LMH - thanks for your though on the hamstring - cheered me up no endimage
  • I'm glad my refusal to learn from experience has come in useful Tom image

All is not lost then OH!

• Evening

Birkmyre i swear at times you can read my mind was listening to Private Dancer on the radio a few days ago and thought DTT lyrics so i should have got yesterdays

Saw Skyfall yesterday brilliant and i'm not a huge Bond fan. Some classic lines there

No run ntoday night shift and then Dentist this afternoon one filling but he is happy with rest of teeth

Todays lyrics no well thought i did reading the first few words  but then i read te rest

• Good evening all
    Lyrics: Haven't a clue
    What: Zip
    Why: Day run away with me and off out to dinner...Doh
    Last Hard as per yesterday
    Last Rest: That'll be today then.
    Anyone else been buying on Black Friday at Amazon Tax Avoiders.Co.Uk?image

• 5.25 done with Elspeth tonight after work. Clear starry night.

On further investigation, I had been right about the plane time at the time of booking. It appears that Flybe have unilaterally brought the time forward of the return flight by 1h15m (without informing me!) Hmm FlyMaybe image

On the good side I might get home for a run.image

On the bad side, I'll have to miss the last session of the meeting (which I didn't want or plan to!) image

• That's so annoying OH - good job you checked! Sounds like a good evening for a run.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Hi all,

rest day here, legs still very tired from Sunday....

Lyrics No

Take care