Thursday 22nd November 2012

Morning (just)!

Lyrics: Tumble outta bed and stumble to the kitchen
Pour myself a cup of ambition ,yawnin, stretchin, try to come to life

I guess some of you will be doing the above, although have never done it myself...and currently wish I was doing something close to it!

What: rest day
Why: need to after the walk to the pub and back
Last hard: the walk back from the pub. Actually was on my feet for most of Weds, so will try to rest for a good part of today.

EGM at the club this evening to discuss the massive increase to the England athletics levy...£5 up to £20 on top of club membership. I gather a lot of people are not happy and can't see what they get for the £5 never mind the £20.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

AH: Thats a pretty big increase to the E.A., no wonder folks aren't happy. The local federation here try to levy a GBP2500 "fee" on all races, which we ignore and state that as the only race we organise as a club is on private land they can go jump. As we have no legal entity or assets its hard to see what they can do.

Last night was 10 x 400 off 45 second recoveries which went 90/89/84/83/85/86/82/80/84/81 which is about 5 to 6 seconds quicker per lap off half the recovery to 7 weeks ago.image Best of all I was holding back cos I'm racing tomorrow.

What: Rest
    Why: Olympic Tri tomorrow
    last Hard: Monday
    Last rest: 15/11

Lyrics: No 

• Morning

Yesterdays lyrics:'In a moment' by Stereophonics. It's their new song and I sounds think very like U2.

What:5M Fartlek

Why: My Thurs session and has been for ages.

Morning ale and DD.

Coffee time then catch up.

Back later.

Todays lyrics: Not at this moment.

• Morning.

Which bit have you never done Alehouse? I quite regularly stumble from bed to the kitchen and my first cup of coffee!

DD - great to see such improvement.

Very windy here today and more rain forecast for later but I shall probably end up on the treadie anyway as window of opportunity will be small between work and the dentist for the extraction of my troublesome tooth. I expect to be out of action for 3- 4 days due to swelling and bruising but am hopeful that I may at least be able t get on the turbo by Sunday.

What:               30 minutes easy
    Why:                 stress relief
    Last hard:         getting out the door yesterday was quite hard
    Last rest:          15/11

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning again!

LMH: dentist doesn't sound like fun. It's the title that I've never done. Always seems to be a longer day than that!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning all,

Club social run tonight, probably about 8 miles.

Lyrics... Hmmm, think I've worked it out, if so I'm same as you alehouse, never done it, takes as long as it takes image
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all, 
    good luck at the dentists Pammie & LmH, good stuff too Wabo with the weight management!!
    DD - nice session
    Ale - There are three regional presentations by EA coming up to justify the proposed massive (300%) increase in charges & I think the London one is mid December. I know a few from our club are going. I want to know what we're getting for our money! I don't think the 'its cheaper than swimming, football and hockey' affiliations carry much weight so there is a possibility that the proposals may be revised (although I doubt it). 
    Reasonably succesful shopping trip yesterday, just need to wrap the stuff now...Sneaked out for 5 easy miles last night.
    What - hopefully a longish run later 8-10 miles would be nice, plus training U11s later
    Why - not done a midweek long run for ages..hamstring at the painfree when running, bit stiff when stretching part of the spectrum..
    last rest - friday?
    last hard - christmas shopping...

lyric - nope

• Morning all!
    What: Nothing.
    Why: Busy.
    Last hard: Yesterday 8k. Home Run is over for the year, but one of the lead runners for my new route is going to keep it going (minus the bag carrying!)
    Last rest: Monday, tuesday, today... missing the gym actually.
    Lyrics YES! I do manage to do this, although today more like 9.30...

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Hello everyone.
    LHM, Pammie  good luck at the dentist
    Wabo  well done image
    DD good reps and good luck tomorrow (is Friday the weekend over there?)

What: probably 10km with club
    Why: didn't get there last week due to work and we have friend's all weekend so won't get out for a while.
    Lyrics: Yes

Legs feeling great after my hilly 5km the other day.  Feeling ready to try another 5km race to see how my return from injury is going...now I need to find one...

Have a good one all

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Lyrics: Had to google and am now kicking my self - the movie's pretty good too.

DD - great session and significant improvement in such a short time.

Regarding EA levy, I think its the track and field who are hardest hit. Our club is a road and XC club only so we'll only get a mere doubling of our levy. On the other hand EA have been milking the road running scene for years with their ??2 a race unaffiliated runner levy, and we get sod all in return.

Ran a rather lacklustre 5.6M this morning - same level of bearable hamstring discomfort. This was in preference to running with the club tonight where I'd only get drawn into running hard efforts to the detriment of the hamstring.

Enjoy the rest of the day all
  • Dr Foster went to Gloucester.
    It pissed down and he drowned.

Lyrics? Don't be silly, they are teenager's era.
    Last hard? Are you kidding me? The last "training" I did was on Monday when I sneaked out on the bike (in the rain) for a gentle hour. This place is completely awash, and I'm having to pick driving routes, choosing between monster traffic jams or driving past Road Closed signs and fording the flooded roads. It's fun the first time, but when your daily commute is 2 hours each way in the pissising down rain and dark it gets wearing. 500miles in 3 days, and another to do tomorrow. My eyes feel like they have had weld flash from the laser grade rear fog lights that some shankers insist on using at all opportunities. FFS I can see you 'cos the traffic's bumper to bumper.

I'm not after sympathy, I'm after beer.

Rant Over. Feeling better already.

• Hope you have that beer Blisters!

Very sensible Tom.

emzap - good news that you feel ready to race.

Managed to turn my 30 minute window into an easy 6 mile run. before the dentists. A little tired but not too much pain or swelling - at least as yet.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Saoked going to and from bus stop today !

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Wimped out on the run as it was cold and dark.  Did 30 mins core instead (must be good for me?!).  Will run tomorrow morning before the vistors arrive.

Just been asked to be a bridesmaid for a friend's wedding image  Haven't done that since I was 5...excited though!

Blisters  where are you (actually Gloustershire)?  Didn't realise it was raining so much in the UK.  Hope your drive tomorrow is better.

Have a good evening all

• What: 0

Why: just in, plane 1h late (weather just as usual here)

Last rest: Tuesday

Last hard ?

Lyrics: no, as usual

Hope all that are affected by floods are ok
  • 6 mile hill session done this evening, would have enjoyed more if it wasn't so windy, but pleased with myself for putting the effort in when the sofa looked so inviting image
  • Yes, I live in Gloucester.

The river's out of it's banks and will be higher in a day or two, because that's how it works. http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/34678.aspx?type=Region&term=Midlands&from=fl

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Ref EA fees - last I heard was that the big london clubs and a few northern ones too went to the AGM and caused meery hell and the decision has been put on hold for a short period.... the hike in prices will really only affect those that do track as well as for Road runners and XC it only goes up to £10.

What - 5m with Jnr
    Why - Some easy Miles
    Last hard - Sunday
    Last Rest - yesterday

Take care