Friday 23rd November 2012

Morning

Todays lyrics:Born into a war and peace Forced to choose between a right and wrong

What:3M easy

Why: My legs felt heavy so it was a bit of  a plod today. Cold and dry.

Catch up as usual

Have  a good one.

Comments

• Morning,

Haven't a clue with the lyrics today.

Rest day today image
  • Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics were "9 to 5", Dolly Parton.

Today's lyrics: no.

Didn't go to meeting at the club: received some bad news. My daughters godfather (former English schools winner/house mate at uni/friend since 1974) revealed that he has recently been diagnosed with lung cancer. Very advanced. 3 months to live max, and indeed has been told that he may not make the new year. Puts lots of other things in perspective. Also a lesson: despite running until his mid 20s he was a heavy smoker, which was not unusual at the time.

Back later.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

So you missed your last session and JS then OH? Pain.

My face is much better than predicted but I shall be sensible and not do anything today as I don't want to upset anything and dentist did say that peak swelling and bruising would be 48 hours after the event.

What:             nothing
    Why:              sensible head
    Last hard:      17/11
    Last rest:        15/11

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hello all,
    aleh- really gutted to hear that news. Wishing you, the family & friends all the very best at this difficult time. You are correct that such things put many other issues into perspective.

Managed to get out yesterday for a medium/long run. Ended up with 11.6miles in 1h31 so a little faster than planned, despite the strong winds. No rain though, but many of the drainage ditches/fields were flooded. Took small people training in the evening (U11s) by which time I think winds were closing in on gale force. Not seen track floodlights visibly sway before...

Today - 2 or 3 easy slow miles
    why - recovery day
    last hard - standing upright last night
    last rest - a week ago

not sure i know the lyric

Good weekends everyone!

• Sorry to hear that alehouse, thoughts are with you all.
  • Morning

AH: sorry news, cancer really is a bugger. Hope they can make him comfortable.

What: Olympic Tri
    Why: Hadn't done one for awhile
    Last Hard: That was
    Last Rest: yesterday

The swim was two laps of a triangular course, throw in 500 triathletes and mayhem results, pushed, elbowed and kicked my way around  in 28-12.  T1 2-21. On the bike it was soon apparent that my cycling legs were still somewhere on last weeks Coast to Coast ride, struggled around in 70 mins about 3 minutes slower than usual. T2 49 seconds. Out on teh run legs felt like lead but kept run 4-30 min/K's to finish in 44-43 and 2-26-06 overall, not a good dayimage

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Ale So sorry to hear your news
    LMH hope the swelling goes down soon.
    DD sorry to hear you were unhappy with your result, like you say though, you did do a ridiculously long ride the other week, it does take time to recover.

What: 10.3km
    Why: didn't do it yesterday
    Last hard: that was with the wind!
    Lyrics: Nope

Got friends visiting from the UK this weekend, have 1 hour to make the house presentable...

Have a good weekend all

• x-posted earlier Alehouse - sorry to hear the news.

DD - not surprising given your epic ride last week.

Well, an hour and forty minutes out with the dog has worn me out. Will take the rest of the day easy and hopefully feel a bit more normal tomorrow.

• AH - not good news

• AH: Thoughts with you..
    DD: I couldn't begin to do what you do in the water or on a bike. Understand personal goals tho...so don't beat yourself up.
    LMH: Trust it eases soon.
    What: Nil
    Why: Hoestly can't fit anything in today as work, picking up son, back home, then out again to pick up OH's daughter etc etc
    Last hard: Yesterday's gym
    Last rest: Oh that's today then1
    Lyrics: Not a clue

• Afternoon!
    Went for my prostate test results this morning. Not good news. The recent biopsy showed cancer in a number of areas. Either I will be having radiotherapy, or more likely, complete removal. Not the news I wanted to hear! It will be a few weeks before a decision is made on the preferred option. Hopefully I will be able to get some sort of fitness back before I am subjected to anything!
    I do NOT want a load of expressions of sympathy! Would prefer to hear good news stories of decent training/racing. And of good prostate outcomes of people that you know, either through professional involvement or friends/family. Just want to be back running some time!

7D:  are you going to Burnage parkrun tomorrow?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Is - bummer, life sucks sometimes - allowed Alehouse?

• alehouse - if anyone can get through this, you can! You've got a very positive handle on living! 

Dubai Dave - disappointed with your result or not, I'm impressed!

What: ran 6 miles hilly then spent more time weeding. Summer is here.

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Alehouse: Desperately sorry to hear your diagnosis. This is something that you will overcome - you have the strength and determination to come through this, and you will. You're the heartbeat of the DTT and you're going to be so for a considerable time to come.

We're all with you on this

Tom
  • 5.8 moonlit miles this evening. Dry and quite pleasant.

• Thanks for the mail, OH.  The pints were good!

• TRTR ✭✭✭

Alehouse - best wishes, I'm sure that you'll stand up and fight back. Kind of ironic what with it being Movember.

• Alehouse. Write this one down in your little black book. When you retire and it comes time to buy an annuity, you've got to make out to them that you're a crock. If you tell them you're fit and healthy, they will plan to squeeze your retirement pot across the next 40 years.