Options

Berlin Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

Still, 135 days to Paris, room for improvement!

• Options

I think I have a touch of that Iain.  Pain at front of heel 'pad' towards the inside?

Its not too bad and I'm trying to keep working on calf knots to try and ease it, but also making sure I have a full day off between runs at the moment.

Sticky - top picture.  How did you get on in the dash?

• Options

Iain - once I got my orthotics I could run within a week relatively pain free, then 1 month on all was ok???

• Options
    Kaz, that is great news. I don't like the sound of injections! Even the GP looked like he doesn't like giving them. (I always tell people it's not as bad as they think it's going to be... When I'm a patient and I know it's going to be tough, I don't really want the doctor describing exactly the sort of anguish I'm going to be put through... That being said I also use as much local anaesthetic as is safe for procedures, in everyone.)

Rob, I'm going to follow your advice, continue massage etc and alternate day plods. That means I really do have to shake the CBA then...!

Have a good Friday everyone.
  • Options

Thanks EHN, Radar Sal, Orbutt, DLR.

DLR, very pleased with the Dash - a PB of 46:58. That completes my PB collection for this year in all categories - 5k, 10k, half and full! image

Didn't get into the Asics 26.2 thing, so hoping to run all 6 parkruns from this weekend for a chance to win a place at VLM!

Hope your PF gets better soon IM2!

• Options
    Relief,got in yesterday for Berlin next year,so it's Llanelli half,rhyader 20 miler,London and Berlin marathons in my diary and hopefully a half iron man in West Wales next August if I can learn to swim properly...
  • Options

Sticky - that's a great year!

• Options

Well done Dawsey - must have been one of the last places

• Options

Got my personal code yesterday having got in on the second round last Saturday so definately in with hotel and flights sorted too - brilliant.

2013 looking a busy one with Mumbai Marathon (Jan), Thames Trot 50 miler (Feb), Warwick Castle Half Mara (March), VLM (April), Comrades (June) plus a few 5/10k's here and there.

Sticky - what a great year.  Terrific!

• Options
    Yeah very lucky Rob...got in on the second round.would of been gutted to have missed out.had a fab time in Berlin this year..flights booked aswell sorted...
  • Options

I had PF for a while a few years back.  Lots of calf and foot stretches along with strengthen exercises and it's sorted now with always remembering to stretch my calves after each run.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

dawesy & baljc - welcome on board image

baljc - some cracking races you've got lined up there. The Comrades - wow

• Options
    Hello all, managed to get a place last Saturday but didn't want to post a message until I actually saw name on runners' list. Recognise a few names from the lovely Paris forum. Bit sad I won't be running it again in April but looking forward to VLM. and of course Berlin.
  • Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Dotty - hi. Great too see you again.

Congrats on getting a place.

Did you get into VLM via the ballot?
  • Options
    Thank you Orbutt. I managed to sneak into VLM by the GFA route. It still was a big surprise to actually get in. Trying to get a place to run in Berlin was equally exciting as the site kept crashing just as I was about to register.

How's training for Paris going?
  • Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Dotty - Good for you.

I know what you mean about sites crashing. I was on holiday when Paris opened and that kept going toes up. Then when I got home, had a look at Berlin and, as luck would have it , registration had just opened - so I got in. Phew

I'm just into proper training for Paris.

Started a little early to allow for any eventualities. Cold, dark, wet but enjoying it - for now image

• Options

First of 6 parkruns done - 5 to go for a chance at VLM. Very very pleased with a PB, and the icing is position 1 on the female points table image image image. Gloating is not optional as this may be the only week I'm allowed to have a big grin over this!

• Options
    Well done Sticky88! Will keep fingers crossed for you. Is it your running club that has organised the competition? Is it the same park run for next five weeks?

Orbutt, what plan are you using? Has Tricky Dicky come up with a fiendish plan for you? I'm training for training at the moment, trying to up my weekly mileage and build some endurance into my legs again. Up to 40 miles a week.
  • Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Dotty - Tricky hasn't come up with an evil plan but I'm using a combination of his evil half plan and P&D to find something that fits in with my work/life/running balance.

Are you up to 40 or building up to 40?
  • Options

Iain - 200, what?!

Orbutt - it sounds like you're Dr No making a super evil mutant plan!!

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

RS - I think Iain was claiming post no 200.

More like Dr Maybe image

• Options
    EHNEHN ✭✭✭
    Fantastic Sticky and good work Dotty....and just reading up after a weekend off-line and note also the impressive 200+ posts.
  • Options

oh 200 posts...sorry, so used to the paris thread doing that in a day that it's only the 1000s that get me excited anymore.image

hee hee hee, Dr Maybe...and "No Mr Bond I have a reasonable expectation that you will die...maybe..."

• Options
    Dotty1 wrote (see)
    Well done Sticky88! Will keep fingers crossed for you. Is it your running club that has organised the competition? Is it the same park run for next five weeks?

Thanks Dotty1. It's organised by Lucozade. Run or volunteer all 6 parkuns (any) until end of the year and we're in for a chance of one of 2 places at the VLM. 2nd chance for me after failing the ballot yet again!

• Options

My Berlin training must be underway - watched Run Lola Run last week...

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

DLR - it's on my to watch list but I've never got around to it. Must make up for that

• Options
    Sticky 88 Sounds like you have a challenging but fun few weeks ahead of you. Hope you are looking after your legs this week, we want you to retain top of the table this weekend too!

Orbutt. Sounds like a good plan. Thinking of using P & D as well. Just trying to build a good base training at moment so I'm ready for a higher mileage plan than what I followed for Paris. Working on the job/ life/ running balance too!
  • Options
    Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)

My Berlin training must be underway - watched Run Lola Run last week...

Run Rob Run.

Much better...!

• Options
    EHNEHN ✭✭✭

I have previously followed the 'Run Less, Run Faster' sched....(but I really couldn't run any less than I am at present) -what is the P & D ?