Eeerie

Running on the B4424 route, which is my regular 'haunt' for running/walking in the early hours, I love being there on my own, but 4 times recentrly I've been scared stupid for a few seconds! I KNOW I'm alone (unless my son's with me) but I suddenly get the impression there's someone behind me but too far close for comfort. It's pitch black & I'll suddenly swing my torch round with heart pounding thinking I'm about to be leapt on &... nobody there! I shake & swing the torch to the trees/bushes &... nothing!

At first I thought maybe it was an animal like a fox or something skittering around & thought maybe it's just exhaustion & stress but I hear nothing, see no shadows or anything, it's just that 'feeling'

Considering the B4424 is an ancient road that was used hundreds of years ago for Cromwells lot & highway robbers etc I'm thinking its the spirits, if it is then that's fine by me as I'm 'ghostie friendly', I find it quite comforting knowing it could well be spirits, but the feeling of someone behind me is terrifying!

My son says he has the same things happen to him when along that route on his own too!

Anyone else running/walking in the early hours had the same or similar experience?

Comments