Dustboy's Winter Warmer ride

2»

Comments

• Very jealous of your upcoming jaunt. However I shall bask in the glory of running XC for my club, and all the scoff I can eat. I shall wear my Pirate jacket to the after XC buffet. The 3 pockets in the back have their uses!

• I do fancy the XC but pirates in need of a helping hand always take precedence.

I do want to do a few of that series though.

I also have a new pair of Walshes that I am anxious to try out soon. Cat5, can I interest you in a vile 10k XC run (or anyone else for that mattter). Sand, mud, water, stuff that really hurts, slop, slime, branches to the head, smelly farms, nasty hills, nastier hills and, Queen of the XC climbs, Martha's Back Passage. Most fun in two feet deep snow.

Just for fun, of course, but your XC times will improve enormously.  

Start at Newlands (wonder why that is thenimage). I can up the course to ten miles once I have a bit of practice in. It's called the four leaf clover and it destroyed me last time I did it.

Looking forward to Sunday and meeting Steady and training hill. I'll probably run lights as well.

• You can keep your XC.

I am getting pirate jacket soon, so I will be in bright pink jacket with a pirate buff, unless I get a girlie change of mind/wardrobe and wear something else, but will definitely wear my pirate buff.
    I now have lights as well. The weather forecast I looked at this morning stated dry, sunny but very windy.

• I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow....we're down to one car at the moment and Smiffy is doing Gatliff. I could drop him off but I would end up spending over four hours driving tomorrow if I do that image
  • Will you accept riders from London? I could get a train in to Brookwood for 9:50 then scoot to the village green for 10. I might need a little more direction though, google isn't forthcoming on where the village green actually is..  

• Coops, if I know Dusty you'll br very welcome! He'll need fresh ears to talk at!!
  • Come out of Brookwood station and turn left. Go for about half a mile until you come to the junction just after the motor garage. Go left under the bridge and then straight on for about half a mile (don't go right immediately after bridge).

About ten yard after next lights, turn left. You will be in the middle of the green and cars in park on your right.

Welcome ACoopsimage

Rain due to stop by 01.00, unbroken sunshine forceast from 8am! Wind at 29kph (and only my semi aero 30mm wheels available tomorrow oo-err)

• ACoops wrote (see)

Will you accept riders from London? I could get a train in to Brookwood for 9:50 then scoot to the village green for 10. I might need a little more direction though, google isn't forthcoming on where the village green actually is..  

DB asked to see my visa for crossing from the smoke into leafy Surrey first time, but he's not asked me to renew it this year so I'm presuming he's gone multicultural now. 

LOL Siggy - thats true.image

Oh and allow for faffing time too. One day I'm going to invent a DB faffometer. image

• Have I mentioned my new Surrey Hills route for next year?

I will be collecting scalps!imageimage

• Great, thanks! It will be nice to get back out on the open road. I'll wear my pirate buff and will probably be looking a little lost. 

I'm ok with faffing, in fact I am the queen of faff.  

• You'll fit nicely alongside the King of Faff then! He'll be on the Cyfac bike!! ;~)
  • Dustboy wrote (see)

Have I mentioned my new Surrey Hills route for next year?

I will be collecting scalps!imageimage

*wibble* 

Have a great ride everyone, Sorry I won't be there but hopefully next time, thats if you ever get going - King and Queen of faffs, lordy! image  Hope the weather stays fine. 

• Hope you all have a great ride tomorrow, I'm quite jealous as I remember this route as being quite fun

Sadly I can't make it as Mr P departs for Siberia for a couple of weeks tomorrow and I suppose I really should be around to make sure he actually goes............. image

• Thread hijack alert ..........

Dusty/Podds etc - I'm just about to enter Stratford tri next May. SuperCaz and CakeBook are going too. Want to join us and make it an extravaganza? More the merrier. image

• You guys should get lucky with the weather according to the forecast! image I would have loved to have come but i am sticking to my marathon training schedule. Have my first ever 20 mile run tomorrow! Good luck!

• Sorry Soup  Dragon I can't join you, I have entered East Grinstead Sprint in May and doing Outlaw Half begining of June.

• It's in the plan Soupy. We had a nice meal in the nearby pub after as well in September. I'll check it out with my mate and come back. Where will you stay? We stayed at Alcester Travelodge.

• Not got that far yet Dusty. Travelodge sounds okay though, cheap and cheerful. 

• Morning all,

I'll try posting this via various mediums- but car battery dead this morning so won't be coming to play

• Lovely ride this morning, shame Ferret couldnot make it. The sun shone, Dustboy talked me up the hills and we all enjoyed the downhill bits. It rained on the way home in the car.

Bike is now washed and wheel swapped over and on the turbo.

Thanks for the arranging Dustboy and good to meet up with the others.

• We seemed to be very lucky with the weather, even the council came out and clearedthe road for us. Thanks to dusty for sorting it all out, was great to put some faces to the names.

• The sun always shines for DB rides. Don't know how he does it. Sounds like a good ride was had and that Dusty can still talk people up the hills. I hope to be at the next outing.

• Thanks for a lovely ride! It was really nice to get out on the open road. Hope to see you all again soon image

• Sounds like a good ride. Way to go DB!

• Lovely morning out, if a little puddly in places. Great to put faces to names.

Welcome to riders Coops, Steady & Hilly. Though every time I said, "It's nearly flat, honestly", they all looked at me like I was lyingimage

Lord H filled in for (a sorely missed)Ferret as sweeper, though he couldn't resist a foray off with the afterburners on, especially on the local TT circuit (that long fast gradual downhill on the first loop). Lord H even threatening to join us on the forums.

Bit of interval fun with hilly on the last bit. I forgot how much they hurt.

It's a nice winter circuit, not too long but enough to blow the cobwebs out and no traction beating lumps.

• Yo, LN. tried to PM you, but it's switched orf. Am not on arsebook either now.

• Yeah I know you're not. :-/   Should be able to PM now. I'll PM you.