Saturday 24th November

Morning all, thought I'd have a go at starting the thread

You could beat the world, you could beat the war is my lyric.

Off to the running show today Hope you all have a good weekend

Comments

• Morning

This thread was the first!

AH: stay positive, you can win

What: 17 miles in the cold light of dawn, well it was only 21Cimage
    Why: need some miles
    last Hard: Yesterday
    Last Rest: Thursday

Lyrics Nope 

• Morning! Yes this thread was first, but didn't spot it!

LMH's lyrics sounded appropriate...looks rather chilly out. But no, don't know them. And don't know sweep's either.

Off to watch local parkrun and have a bit of a walk.
    LMH: wound is much better and mobility is improving. Inevitably getting a few niggles in other areas when I walk, or after. ONly to be expected.
    Re prostate, a decision will be made in the next 3 to 4 weeks about what will happen: and a don't think anything will happen until after Christmas at the earliest.

Anybody racing this weekend?

Was going to say where's Paddy, but had a nice email from him.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I'm running the 10k tomorrow at the running show, will make sure I do a decent report on the whole weekend for everyone.
  • I didn't see this when I started mine either - we were probably typing at the same time.

Cold and foggy start to the day here.

Alehouse - sounds like mostly good news, as you say, niggles after exercising are to be expected. You be careful if it's slippery out there today. Seems like a long time to wait for a decision regarding prostrate treatment, hopefully that's a good sign.

I've been missing Paddy too - and AF who made a very brief reappearance.

DD - it's going to be such a shock to your system when you move back!

What:                an easy run of some as yet indeterminate length
    Why:                 I want to and I think I can but won't know for sure until I try
    Last hard:         17/11
    Last rest:           23/11

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Sorry LMH, normally I'd have waited for someone else, but was bored watching my missus pack and repack her bag for the weekend image
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Good morning

I had a bit of a setback yesterday and had to walk back from my run as the hamstring became increasingly painful. I hope I haven't turned my three week injury into a three month one. Ironically the worse thing about yesterday's mishap was having to walk back dressed in my running kit...I really hated that, having to resist the temptation just to jog on it just to look like a runner.

Sweep: Best of luck and enjoy tomorrow's race - hope it's not too windy.
  • Nothing to apologise for sweep - always good to have people willing to start the thread.

Oh dear Tom - any idea what aggravated it? I'd alternate heat and ice and stretch it after the heat part. Hope it doesn't turn out to be anything bad.

I bimbled 8.5 miles in a very Forrest Gump, I could do this forever kind of way, had to remind myself why I shouldn't be going too far. Lovely, foggy, still, quiet morning.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Very pleasant sunny November morningimage

What: About a couple of hundred yards swim followed by 6 mile run
    Why: It's Saturday and the sun was shining
    (forget the temparatures 8ºC air and water!)
    Last Rest: Thursday
    Lyrics: neither
    Tom
    - the walk of shame image Hope you're back to full strength soon

Sweep - all the best for tomorrow

• Rather you than me OH. It was cold enough on my 1.3k walk in Wythenshawe Park whilst parkrun was on. (That's a post Achilles op distance PB!). It felt like 21 degrees (fahrenheit rather than DD's celsiuss!

Hope everything clears up quickly Tom.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hi, and a happy grizzle day to everyone.

A cold bike ride this morning, wearing the Pirate Buff, we chose a shorter route to avoid getting drenched. A few hills, and 37 miles boshed out. Now warm, clean and dry. Pizza and stuff all ready.

• Afternoon everyone,

Spent the last few hours walking round the running show.

Took a while to find where we were supposed to be as my satnav dropped me off on the wrong side of the race course, but finally worked out where we should be.

Wasn't as large as I expected, but still got plenty of stalls to walk round, plus two seminar areas.

Listened to one fella talking about bare foot running and another about injury prevention.

Bought myself a training diary and a new head torch, and found out where I need to be to register for the race tomorrow.

Hoping to catch a few of the seminars properly tomorrow after the race. In the mean time, there's a nice pub next to the premier inn we're staying in, that looks like it has a cracking food menu... Steak and ale pie, here I come! image
  • A'noon

Yesterdays lyrics: Where were you hiding when the storm broke' by The Alarm

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hello all, 
    Tom - gutted to hear your hammy woes, hope it doesn't turn into a longer term problem

what - 8.4 miles all offroad. Woods flooded, fields flooded, lanes in between flooded.
    excellent cross country training though, and managed to stay on my feet (trail shoes).
    why - mud is good for the skin, right?
    last hard - smuggling the kit & trainers into the washing machine
    last rest - 8 days

enjoy the rest of the weekend 

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Tom - gutted to hear, hope its not too serious

Sorry was absent yesterday again as was resting again... paid off though with a nice 18:58 at Southampton Parkrun image

Followed by a CVM (Christian Vision for Men) conference / day which was excellent.

Take care

• Pub next doors kitchen was closed so went to a pub down the road called the Racing Mare (had to do it!).

Can safely say, their shepards pie is one of the best meals I've ever had! Beautiful. image
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Evening all.

What: 2 miles this morning whilst guests were asleep to get some miles in.  Then a surprise lacrosse match at a home tournament... feeling a bit knackered now...(friends decided they liked watching lacrosse and that I should play in the tournament so they could watch more)
    Last hard: When we got back home, friend got a call from his mum saying his dad had collapsed at work and died, had to sort out flights back to the UK, getting them to the airport etc...feel so sorry for him, espeically as I had gone through this a few years ago with my mum.
    Lyrics: Nope

Ale hope you get some chance to start up the running before Christmas, well done on your post op pb though!
    Sweep  don't tell me about good English food, I miss it!

RFJ good parkrun image

Wine is calling...have a good one all