Sunday 25th November 2012

Morning. Blowing an absolute hooley here - and lots of rain through the night means that the garden is now flooding.

Easy lyrics today - How many roads must a man walk down

Race well sweep. Anyone else racing?

emzap - remember to look after you too.

What:                something on the turbo
Why:                  it's that or swim
Last hard:         17/11
Last rest:           23/11

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning,

Yep, know today's lyrics image yesterdays was hall of fame by the script.

Will report back later on the race.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: yes, for once.

What: hope to another walk plus stretches plus exercise bike plus strengthen core

Why: a bid to get fitter and more mobile. Trying to take mind off the prostate issue, which I am finding difficult.

RFJ: looks like a decent parkrun

GGG: hope you don't get blown or washed away at Hayling. Did you go to Brockwell?

Sweep: hope the race goes well

Emzap: a very upsetting second half of your day
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • What: undecided maybe kayaking

Why: weather not great

Last rest: Thursday

Last hard: ?

Lyrics: yes (so it must be easy)
  • Morning

Good luck to those racing, its 25C here and not a  cloud in the sky!

Emzap: Stressful day for you.

AH: Difficult, I guess keeping busy has to be the answer.

What: 2K swim set done
    Why: It was the eaiest option
    Last Hard: yesterday
    Last Rest: Thursday

Lyrics: yep 

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Good morning

Lyrics - naturally

Today's Hereward Relay, which I had already bailed out of, has been cancelled due to wide spread flooding on the course - a 39 mile stretch of the Hereward Way running from Peterborough to Ely.

Alehouse, its good that you are starting to get a bit of strength and flexibility into the achilles. Whilst it's impossible to ignore the elephant in the room, the more work you can do on your strength and fitness, the more it will hold you in good stead to cope with the prescribed course of treatment.

For myself - I'll be restringing the Les Paul and seeing if I can still get my fingers around my barre chords. I think Val (Mrs) is anticipating a surge of excess energy fuelled DIY!
  • I forgot that GGG was doing the Hayling 10 - hope it's not as windy there.

Alehouse - time to sort some of those things that need sorting but you never seem to get time to?

Tom - I'm guessing the hamstring isn't any better then?

Managed 90 minutes on the turbo. It will do.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Afternoon everyone, 10 k race was good fun, although the support was a bit lacking. Did two laps around the race course finishing in front of the grandstand.

There was a couple of section that were out and backs, often with the wind behind you to start with, which you didn't really notice until you turn round to head back into it!

I wanted to try and break 42 mins, but given the head winds, knew it was gonna be hard, so coming home in 42 mins 47 secs meant I'm fairly pleased. Was 25th man home and I think 40 or 41st overall.
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Sweep - you should be pretty pleased with that, in addition to which you've had a good weekend away.

LMH - I think the hamstring is a bit better....but not better enough. I'll give it at least a week before I put my running kit on to try it out. The back of where I live opens onto "The Chase" a 100m stretch of private road - so I'll sneak a short jog on there every morning to check the signs. At the back of my mind I'm thinking that I won't do any thing much before Christmas, though I'll be getting the bike out when the wind has dropped.

3Gs - hope you has a good day at Hayling and didn't get blown away.
  • Afternoon!

Tom:  will be the relay be rearranged?

Sweep:  sounds a decent effort!

A SSW (short slow walk) here: on the other hand it was a post Achilles longest (1.25K) and fastest (just under 15 minutes). Felt I could do more, but am not going to be tempted. Also 20 mins on the exercise bike plus some Achilles stretching. More to do later, plus core.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon all
    What: 10K
    Why: South London 10K - was an OK race, bit muddy on the common and a killer hill half way, Must get some more hills in my training as right now all my routes are pancake flat!
    Last hard: Wednesday
    Last rest: Yesterday

• Afternoon

Well done Sweep and Hansyhobs image

Wet earlier but no wind to speak of: 6 nautical miles (around Cava in Scapa Flow) mostly dry while we were out.
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Alehouse - the race is organised by March AC, on their website they say it will be rearranged. My guess is early spring, so hopefully I'll get a run on it. I've run it once before - making up the numbers for the Stickless family team. If you're reading this Marje hope you are well.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Evening all

Good races Sweep and HH.

Ale
    good to see you're getting somewhere with the achillies, remember to look after yourself though.
    Tom fingers crossed you'll be ok by then

What: a walk in the forest
    Why: something to do, needed some air and legs were too sore to run
    Last hard: yesterday evening
    Lyrics: yes, I like this song a lot.

Wonder how GGG got on...

Have a good one all.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hello, 
    well run sweep & HH, and another here wondering how ggg got on ?
    Emz - take care  
    Tom - look after that hammy..
    what - 3 staedy miles
    why - been in southampton swimming arena from 9-6 as youngest in Hampshire schools swim champs, and took 40 minutes to do 3 miles (in the car) from town back to M3 so not home until nearly 8.
    4 races , 4 pbs + 3 county standard times (for age), so all in all very pleasing.
    last hard - not swearing in the car
    last rest - 9 days 

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Well done Sweep and HH

Finished off an easy week with 6.5m... for my lowest week since coming back from Injury back in Feb.... now into Base training till the end of Dec,

Have a XC race and a 10K in dec so far, so not much to tax the body.

Take care

• alehouse I'd like to echo Tom as he put it so well. Judging from all your posts you've certainly got recovery and strength in you.

Hayling 10 was brilliant, thanks all for asking. Utterly miserable all Saturday and throughout the night but miraculously not a drop of rain during the run (a brief shower before and a downpour about 15 minutes after!). Windy on the seafront but I was dressed for it, and managed a PB of about a minute so very pleased! Really supportive residents and a flat course meant I had plenty left to pick it up for the last mile or so. That said I was out sprinted on the final stretch by a man in orange... LMH it's a shame you've not run it despite having lived there, I think this is only the fourth year? I'd definitely recommend it. We used to visit as kids, as did my Mum as a child. Haven't been there for ages but stayed in a lovely B&B and had a fantastic thai takeaway!

ale I did manage Brockwell parkrun, I'll definitely have to work hard to better my PB at Richmond, I'll be familiarising myself with those hills I'm sure! sweep the running show sounds worth a visit next year perhaps. No wifi and next to no data reception on Hayling hence my tardiness. Well done racers and resters.

HH mentioned she's looking for another race before end of year, I'm feeling much the same! We're both down for the Serpentine New Years Day 10k but would love to squeeze another one in.
  • I know it's Monday but catch up required:
    Lyrics...err yes.
    What: Teach tkd
    Why: It's Sunday
    Last Hard: Forgotten
    Last Rest: Friday
    Well done racers!!! Envious.