I have never done anything

that I didn't think might impress women

what motivates you?

Comments

• Food. I really would respond to a carrot rather than a stick - but only if it was actually a sausage.

• I've never done anything that impresses women! image

What motivates me? The little voices inside my head. I've always been self motivated and never concerned what others think off me.

• Good for you Eggy. I think that is what they call...maturity.

i have never done anything that impresses women either but it is always my express intentionimage

screama - good one. ok perhaps there are Two things that motivate me. although i only ever cook nice food to impress women. if it's just me I have a pot noodle.

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

Different things in different situations, I guess.  Not impressing women, at any rate!

I work because I need money to live on and view living on benefit as the very last resort.  If I won the Euro millions I'd give up work immediately.

I run and cycle to keep fit, so don't push myself particularly - winning is never on the cards in any case, not even my age group!

• Your kitchen must be an interesting place Dude, one cupboard full of balsamic vinegar, shiitake mushrooms and truffle oil and the other full of Pot Noodles image

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

Don't forget, he's trying to impress the women of the forum by starting this thread.... 

Not sure how admitting to eating Pot Noodle will help, though.

• Dude, - Being a Husband and a Father of two daughters in their 20s, I sympathise, I have had 30 long years of learning that it is nigh on impossible to impress women. Unless you

1) make tea every morning before they get up for work.

2) fix hair driers and straighteners

3) unblock toilets and sinks

The rest you can forget 

• That's a good point Wilkie image

EKGO, speaking as a wife and a laydee, those things are much appreciated but what we are really impressed by are the small, seemingly insignificant things that you chaps probably overlook because you don't see their importance.

It will be different things for different women too so sorry if that makes it more difficult, we aren't deliberately trying to be awkward image

But, as an example: I don't want flowers on Valentine's Day I want them on, say, May the 27th, for no reason at all just because you were thinking about me.

That sort of thing earns BIG Brownie points image

• I'm noting these down. hair driers, toilets, make tea. got it, right. this is GOLD.

until now I thought that running fast and doing lots of press-ups would do the trick.

wilkie - by starting this thread I am demonstrating that I am sensitive to women's needs and that I am willing to put them first image

• i should have done this years ago.

• The RW forum is the fount of all knowledge, you know that Dude image

• Sometimes I do things to impress the Bidie-In's mum and dad. yesterday I took their dog for a walk. that impressed them a lot. i have less success when I speak, but I am working on that.

the more I think about it, I am quite a rounded human being really.

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Screamapillar wrote (see)

It will be different things for different women too so sorry if that makes it more difficult, we aren't deliberately trying to be awkward image

Speak for yourself image

• Screamapillar wrote (see)

But, as an example: I don't want flowers on Valentine's Day I want them on, say, May the 27th, for no reason at all just because you were thinking about me.

That sort of thing earns BIG Brownie points image

It does, right up to the point where the lady in question realises that you're only buying her flowers when they're cheapest. 

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

Things that impress me include: a birthday card, on my birthday, purchased BEFORE my birthday (and a present wrapped in gift-wrapping paper rather than a couple of pages out of the Sunday supplement magazine is good too).

I know chaps don't put as much importance in cards, but ladies like them.

• Dave - those one bought at the petrol station or outside the Co-op don't count image

• Dude - beware. May 27th could easily turn into November 2nd for no apparent reason and you will be expected to know this without actually having been told about it image
  • Willie...speak for yourself...don't like cards at all.....but a bottle of piersporter is always welcome.
  • ***Old joke alert***

A man walking along a beach was deep in prayer. Suddenly the sky clouded above his head and, in a booming voice, the Lord said, "Because you have TRIED to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish."

The man thought for a while and then said, "Build a bridge to the Canary Isles so I can drive over anytime I want."

The Lord said, "Your request is very materialistic. Think of the enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking. The supports required for it to reach the bottom of the Atlantic! The concrete and steel it would take! It  will nearly exhaust several natural resources. I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of something that would honor and glorify me."

The man pondered this for a long time. Finally he said, "Lord, I wish that I could understand my wife. I want to know how she feels inside, what she's thinking when she gives me the silent treatment, why she cries, what she means when she says 'nothing's wrong,' and, how I can make a woman truly happy."

After a long silence, the Lord replied, "You want two lanes or four on that bridge?"

• Sending flowers when it's not an Anniversary or Birthday will be seen as a sure sign of covering up for something you have either done, or intend to do. Don't do it!

• EKGO wrote (see)

Sending flowers when it's not an Anniversary or Birthday will be seen as a sure sign of covering up for something you have either done, or intend to do. Don't do it!

You see that's man-think. Right there. 

Whether it's flowers or something else you have to be spontaneous guys - ignore this advice at your peril!

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

Screamy is right.  

My Squeeze brings me flowers from time to time for no particular reason.  It's lovely image

• Screamapillar wrote (see)

... have to be spontaneous guys - ignore this advice at your peril!

Another reason to add to the list* explaining my single status. I'm not in the slightest bit spontaneous. I plan everything!

*To be fair it's a pretty big list.

• Mr by eck bought me flowers a few weeks ago "because he saw them and thought I would like them". I discovered they cost him 34p rreduced from over ??5 when clearing the receipts out of his pockets. Did I mind? Not really. They were lovely flowers and he'd picked a day when I was getting over a bad patch.
  • I would love it if Mr Penguin made me tea every morning before work. Also random flowers are good- I don't care if they were reduced, it still takes effort and thought to consider them (I am also happy with reduced cake/ biscuits). Same for going out for dinner- I'd rather stay in on Valentine's, but then go out for no real reason on other nights. A colleague of mine went as far to say that couples who go out for Valentine's are always near the beginning or the end of their relationship.

• Are you listening gentlemen?

As Dude said - it's pure gold. Has he gone to the florist's by the way? imageimage

I did have to dump a guy just before Valentine's Day once. I couldn't have gone through that whole thing knowing my heart wasn't in it image 

• Wilkie wrote (see)

I know chaps don't put as much importance in cards, but ladies like them.

Thing is, when a man buys a card, it involves going into a shop, having a look at few cards and picking the nicest one.  If you're a 'new man' it might involve actually reading the message inside.  When a woman buys a card, it doesn't count until she's been in at least 3 different card shops.

Screamapillar wrote (see)

Dave - those one bought at the petrol station or outside the Co-op don't count image

Well no, spontaneous flower purchases tend to be Tescos' finest.  But then that does emphasise the spontenaity of the purchase, and at least involves more effort than ordering a delivery on the internet.

• Scream  - Its not man think, women have a more agile brain, men are more simple creatures, if you're in a great mood the flowers would be greeted with a smile and all's hunky dory, if you're not in that great mood it would be as I said, "Hmmm so why the flowers" anyway what we genuinely like about women is their unpredictability.

• Personally, if I wasn't in a great mood the flowers would cheer me up no end.

If you are met with suspicion under those circumstances - well, the long and short of it is that you shouldn't be. That isn't unpredictability it's meanness.