I have never done anything

2»

Comments

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Cheerful Dave wrote (see)
    Wilkie wrote (see)

I know chaps don't put as much importance in cards, but ladies like them.

Thing is, when a man buys a card, it involves going into a shop, having a look at few cards and picking the nicest one.  If you're a 'new man' it might involve actually reading the message inside.  When a woman buys a card, it doesn't count until she's been in at least 3 different card shops.

What's that got to do with the price of tea?  We're talking here about men doing things to impress women, I think?

If choosing a card is so simple, then it shouldn't be a problem, should it?

• Wilkie, I think we've lost them...Venus to Mars, Venus to Mars, come in Mars....image

• it was raining so on a whim i splashed out on a TAXI to the theatre on Tuesday. we rode there in style. how is THAT for spontaneity girls?!

• Its a step in the right direction Dude.

I personally don't like flowers as they trigger my hayfever.  I would expect a long term partner to know that, but if it was a new guy on the scene then I would be very touched that they had thought of me

• I think I'm very thoughtful. I picked up a Turkish Delight the other day as a spontaneous treat. And if she seems a bit down, then I always avoid commenting on the size of her arse!

• And whoever said that it is the little things was completley right.  A thoughtful jesture, a comment at the right moment, a text... those are the things that really matter

• It is simple Wilkie, that was my point. Unfortunately though, women don't always see it that way. The words "thanks, it's a lovely" are spoken with a look that adds an unspoken "but it was among the first half dozen you looked at, wasn't it?".

Only women can give other women cards that are truly appreciated.

It's the time of night for sweeping generalisations!
  • I once impressed a woman by taking her ice skating on a first date when I couldn't stand up and had to hold on to the side....and even then I couldn't stand up.  She said that most men wouldn't risk doing something where they may look foolish or not be better than the woman.  I can't sing either but that doesn't go down so well.

• That's a good one jelly bean. who'd have thought you could impress by being unimpressive. women are curious creatures indeed. *noted*

my Bidie-In and her family are all very clever. I am not. I impress them by keeping quiet and looking serious.

she has to apologise to them whenever i take her to a football match. they do not like physical activity.

• Early morning tea is a good one image 

Flowers also very good. Mr X buys me roses every Valentines Day, 1 for each year we've been together image I love little spontaneous presents now and again, even something as basic as a packet of Salt & Vinegar Squares when I've got a hangover or buying a random magazine because there was a big article about one of my favourite books in it (it was like a budget-version of the Old Spice advert ... "look inside the oyster, there are two tickets to that thing you love")

• What if you allergic to flowers?

A (gay) male friend of mine was once coming around for dinner - he made great play of the fact he had been to this shop and that shop to try to get me some 'cut flowers' for the table, but couldnt find any image. (This, I assume, is what he thought 'women want').

Secretly I was thinking thank god, cos I would have been sneezing all night and after he had gone home would have just thrown them out!

Men - check your gf doesnt have hayfever first image.

• treat them mean keep them keen.

• I have no idea who first came up with that saying Robert, but I bet he was single.

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Cheerful Dave wrote (see)
    It is simple Wilkie, that was my point. Unfortunately though, women don't always see it that way. The words "thanks, it's a lovely" are spoken with a look that adds an unspoken "but it was among the first half dozen you looked at, wasn't it?".

Only women can give other women cards that are truly appreciated.

It's the time of night for sweeping generalisations!

I can't speak for all women, but I certainly don't look at a card someone's given me and think anything like that!  

• Tigerspaw wrote (see)

A (gay) male friend of mine was once coming around for dinner - he made great play of the fact he had been to this shop and that shop to try to get me some 'cut flowers' for the table, but couldnt find any image. (This, I assume, is what he thought 'women want').

Secretly I was thinking thank god, cos I would have been sneezing all night and after he had gone home would have just thrown them out!

Given that he didn't find any, did you put him out of his misery and explain you're allergic to them anyway, just in case he was thinking of doing the same again?  After all, I'm sure even gay men struggle to work out "what women want".  We can't all read minds like Mel Gibson.  image

• Phil - he went on about it for quite a while so yes I did say to him nicely later on not to worry about it because I have hay fever and couldnt have flowers, plants etc in the house. I told him next time just to bring cake image. So what did he bring next time? Yogurt...........image....because they were on offer at 3 for 2 in the local shop and he is always one for a bargain image.