Tuesday 27th November 2012

Morning you lot

Todays lyrics: If there's one great day, if there's one great height

This song has been in my head recently.

What:3,5M Easy/Steady with Geordie (our black labrador)

Why: He wakened me up and seemed full of energy.

Dry, cold no wind.

Right really need to catch up.

Back later

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were Dancing in the Moonlight by Thin Lizzy.

More rain for us overnight - will be interesting to see how far I can get walking Grace this morning.

Sounds like a lovely run RW.

What:               threshold turbo
    Why:                need to work on bike fitness or I'll lose the little I have left
    Last hard:        17/11
    Last rest:          23/11

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hello again,
    what - clubnight, interval session 3x1k, 6x300s I think (on grass) - spikes again (or wellies)
    why - its what Tuesdays were made for
    last rest - 11 days
    last hard - fizzios elbow in my hamstrings/quds/itbs last night
    lyric - not sure

• Morning!

RW:  good to see you again. Not jealous of your run at all. Much!

Lyrics: not sure

What: a walk, exercise bike, stretches etc
    Why: trying to get in the habit, and trying to gradually increase activitiy.

Unusually we haven't been affected much by the rain...the river has yet to break its banks which it does fairly regularly. However can't walk to the river without going a mile round as the access road is flooded.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Weather just the usual here (near gale force winds)

What: probably short run this afternoon
    Why:half day today
    Last rest: ?yesterday (finished scheduled work at gone 7)

RW sounds good

• No rain here, 27C

What: 7.5 miles at MP, hopefully a cycle tonight
    Why: Marathons & Triathlons are coming thick and fast
    Last Hard: Saturday
    Last Rest: Thursday 

• Morning from soggy Wales
    Lyrics..no, but should have.
    What: Treadmill session distance unknown
    Why: Aching in new places after yesterday's core sesh
    Last Hard: That'll be yesterday then
    Last Rest: Last Friday
    Conundrum: Training target for VLM: Can I get a GFA going for a GWR in silly outfit? image

• Yesterday was spent in London, wishing I wasn't there. A 3 hour plus drive home, and after sorting out the world decided that a late night run was a good idea. In the rain. The localised flood had been sorted (blocked drain), so that was good. The rest of the world was awash though.
    Driving in this morning the river Avon is at a peak l've I've not seen for 5-10 years. That's just above Tewkesbury-on-Sea.

I think I'll swim tonight.

• Blisters: I guess swimming is the only option in lots of the affected areas at the moment image

Straycelt: what's GWR?

I fell flat on my face this morning. Ouch. Broke Garmin display in the process. Skin off both hands. Left knee hurts badly. Destroyed pair of running tights. Not a good day image.
    Still finished my 10 miles though. I couldn't bear a curtailed workout on top of all the other rubbish.
    Just hope the knee is just bruised and not damaged image

• Morning all,

Club night tonight, hill session I believe, although gonna try not to get carried away, as still feeling Sundays race.

Essex has been a nightmare to drive round this morning, left mine at half six, been to pay for some materials and that's all I've achieved :-/

Back on a no idea streak with the lyrics!

Have a good day everyone.
  • Ouch Chickadee. GWS  (get well soon!)

What..  It's club night... hope to be there... but a bit knacked today.

Lyrics... again, no.   Presume it is either ancient...  or something modern... from this century!

• Hi Chicadeee: GWR = Guinness World Record. Needed a 3.39 last year and ended in 3.42...wasn't there on the day despite being in reasonable nick and all indicators were there for a sub 3.30; so this year looking to train for 3.15 so any shortfall will be covered offimage

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Lyrics - yes. I know this band is a particular favourite of yours Birkmyre...and rightly so.

Weatherwise we seem to have escaped the worst of it. Ironically although our area (South Holland - the clue is in the name) is very low lying it is extremely well drained having been reclaimed from the sea, so be don't get a huge amount of flooding.

Chick - ouch!! I hope there's no real damage, but I guess you be a bit sore and stiff for a few days.

I had a pretty decent session with the physio yesterday, who again confirmed that there's no real tissue damage to the hamstring though it is a bit inflammed and "ropey". He gave it a good massage and prescribed some useful exercises (all of which I've done in the past) and told me that I can run on it to the extent that I stress it slightly - a mild ache is OK, but no pain and to be aware of it being too stiff the following morning.

Started the exercises yesterday - glutes were a bit achey this morning but no tightness in the hammie. Did about half a mile of intermittent jog/walk without any discomfort whatsoever....looks like the way to go.
  • What: Nothing.
    Why: It's still too dark in the morning to seriously consider running before work! Going out for burgers later.
    Last hard: Sunday's 10 miles.
    Last rest: Yesterday. 
    Lyrics nope.
    I feel for you chickadee, sounds like a nasty fall! I've suffered the humiliation of running home down a busy road with holes in my lycra and bleeding knees... What did you fall on? I tripped on nothing! Can garmin display be replaced?
    Stay safe all those in flooded areas!

• Thanks guys!

GWR - d'oh ... I should've known image

GGG: road works barrier. It has weights to keep it in place when windy (rectangular thingies that are stacked). One of them must have gotten a push or something. At least it was in my way when I didn't expect it to be image. Teaches me to watch out better next time around image. I e-mailed Garmin support. I think I remember that they have a replacement service for devices that are out of warranty. You pay something like 1/3 or so of the original cost. Funny thing is, it still works! Only you can't see anything on the screen. I downloaded my run earlier and it stopped on impact image

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

I reckon I may get flooded in at work! water is almost level with the road about qtr mile away

ouch chickadee hope you are ok, bummer about the garmin

alehouse nice to see you getting on and increasing

what: swim xtrain and weights d&d, run later

why: had some days off!

last hard: swimming this morning

last easy: monday

have agood day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Wabo:  I'd be leaving the building now!

Chick:  there's road works everywhere nowadays! Hope you are not too sore in the morning.

Tom:  sounds like good news!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon

Chick having been there  i feel your pain. Hopefully  not too badly  damaged but if things don't feel right get it checked out

• Hope you're alright chickadee, sounds painful image
  • Just found this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftj6XDkLtwo&feature=player_embedded

4 mins 55 secs... that'd be me, looking better than I felt as I finished on Sunday image

• Blisters - sounds as though swim practice could come in useful.

Tom - good news.

Ouch chickadeee. Garmin are usually good with their refurb service.

What were you dressed as this year Straycelt?

Couldn't raise my HR on the turbo and got a little frustrated so ended up doing a short brick.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Chickadee - £53 for replacement refurbished 310 ("good as new") on a very well used 310 last year. Hope you repair as easily

10 muddy but enjoyable miles just done. Mud bath rather than swim

Now we're both out for meal with daughter before she goes back south.

• Hope you're alright chickadee, sounds painful image
  • Phone appears to be reposting stuff for me... Oh well, just double checking image
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Chick - ouch indeed and as OH says Garmin are excellent at customer service my 305 went down last year £50 for a reconditioned one back....

What - 8.5m in the wind (thankfully no rain)
    Why - Getting the legs moving and Base trg
    Last Hard - Sat
    Last Rest - Fri

Take care

• I was running for Macmillan in a Tae Kwon Do outfit....as seen in the RW guide for charity runners accessible from the home pageimage. Need to make some adjustments to the outfit for next year to decrease chaffing.....legs well and truly plucked.

• Evening

Run Wales: Aye fair enough most of my lyrics are 1980s or last couple of years. With the odd Oasis song thrown in.

Tom: Cheers for your vote of thanks re todays choiceimage

• Birkmyre, band name a bit of a paradox tho! One of the best I ever saw live, last time in Sothampton in the mid 80'simage

•  Chick, sounds like a big tumble. Like the others say, hopefully just wounded pride.
    Tom, it sounds like good news, but you are the comeback king, with T shirt and everything.

GWR? Great Western Run?

Got my swim done, a bit busy like, but 64 lengths pushed out in a personal best of....well, actually it was exactly the same as I've always been doing, ~45mins. Ho Hum.

• Blisters LOL - Thats what i thought