Jobsworth ?

2»

Comments

• So either they're stupid because they're going at busy times or they're second-class citizens and shouldn't be getting in the way of more important people like the users of this forum! Some of the attitudes on here are amazing.

• I didn't say they were stupid.

• Pensioners havent got time to be clogging up supermarkets and busses, they're too busy putting on rock concerts and charging youngsters ??400 a time for the pleasure of watching themimage
  • I'm a student and had been to do my shopping at Asda in Nottingham the other week. I got on the tram with 3 heavy bags of shopping. The conductor came up to me and I got my wallet out to pay. I was 20p short of the £1.90 single fare, so he made me get off and walk. Fair enough, rules are rules. I'm not going to argue with him.

Why should the rule for pensioners be different? The idea of setting a time limit for pensioners is so that people going to work can get on public transport. The pensioners have the rest of the day to shop.

Another thing that annoys me are pensioners in mobility scooters who almost mow you down, then scowl at you as if it's your fault for walking on the pavement.

• cougie wrote (see)
    Is it any different from Osborne travelling first class when he didn't have the ticket.

I don't think it's a jobs worth situation. The guy is doing what he's paid to do.

Osbourne paid the increased fare when asked to. This pensioner refused to pay.

• What about the fact that she was limping and had a walking stick ? Obviously she might carry it around and limp to try and gain a sympathy vote, for all I know she might pull this trick every day. If she genuinely needed the walking stick would that have any influence on your decision to throw her off the bus if she didn't pay or let her have a 'free' ride ?
  •  I am fundamentally opposed to the free bus pass anyway. When I rule the world, I will be getting rid of it immediately and reducing bus fares for everyone else who is subsiding old biddies on day trips to the sea side. image

• carterusm wrote (see)
    What about the fact that she was limping and had a walking stick ? Obviously she might carry it around and limp to try and gain a sympathy vote, for all I know she might pull this trick every day. If she genuinely needed the walking stick would that have any influence on your decision to throw her off the bus if she didn't pay or let her have a 'free' ride ?

the limp does not mean she is unable to read the rules...............pay the full fare or ride when you are allowed

And i was responding to those that said they should be allowed to shop on the weekend.not those who thought that they personally would prefer itimage

• These biddies shopping on the weekend......

Can we lump the ramraiding mothers with double buggies who tut like hell when the sea of people in front of them in a shopping mall on a Saturday before Christmas DOESN'T part like it did for Moses? Get a babysitter or shop online image

• I've actually known a couple of people with walking sticks who could walk faster than me and I walk bloody fast.

• Cinders wrote (see)

I didn't say they were stupid.

I never said YOU did.

• Something must be done about the fare dodging old biddies. We must erect a gallows at every tram stop to meat out justice to this menace to society. She was probably off her tits on Werther's Originals and Sterident tablets at the time as well. image

Bloody Saga louts! image

• Rickster - I don't think it was werthers originals, I'm sure she was sucking a fisherman's friend.....
  • you've not been able to get decent a Fisherman's friend since about '88. These days they're all cut with Trebors.

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Peter Collins wrote (see)

So either they're stupid because they're going at busy times or they're second-class citizens and shouldn't be getting in the way of more important people like the users of this forum! Some of the attitudes on here are amazing.

Where on earth do you get that from?  

• carterusm wrote (see)
    Rickster - I don't think it was werthers originals, I'm sure she was sucking a fisherman's friend.....

She was sucking a Fisherman's Friend to make the money for the tram fare, and still refused to pay? image

Wayne Rooney springs to mind.

• Reading our comments on here I think that we should be on the Daily Mail policy formulation committee. image I can just imagine the headline now...

"Prunefaced Pensioner dodges missuses travel pass, and you're paying for it!"

...This would never happen if Diana were still here...

• To the OP...did it occur to you to step in and pay her fare?
  • Mr Puffy wrote (see)
    To the OP...did it occur to you to step in and pay her fare?

When she's already robbing the taxpayer to pay her pension which she spends on her Werther's habit? image

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    Wilkie wrote (see)
    Peter Collins wrote (see)

So either they're stupid because they're going at busy times or they're second-class citizens and shouldn't be getting in the way of more important people like the users of this forum! Some of the attitudes on here are amazing.

Where on earth do you get that from?  

Erm, maybe he's got it from reading all the posts so far!

Bearing in mind most who have posted on here are 40s and 50s, maybe they should be a bit more relaxed as they'll be the next set of retirees image

• carterusm wrote (see)
    Rickster - I don't think it was werthers originals, I'm sure she was sucking a fisherman's friend.....

I bet he enjoyed that.  Did she take her teeth out?

• LIVERBIRD wrote (see)

These biddies shopping on the weekend......

Can we lump the ramraiding mothers with double buggies who tut like hell when the sea of people in front of them in a shopping mall on a Saturday before Christmas DOESN'T part like it did for Moses? Get a babysitter or shop online image

i don't have a problem with this as i get my 85yr old mother to do all my shopping at the weekends and holidays while she also looks after my 3 children all under 3.

• Electronically tag them and put them on a 5pm to 9:30 am curfew.

• Stevie - how do you know how old everyone is on here? image

By the way - nobody in their 40's or 50's is retiring before 70 at the earliest now. And when they DO hang up their coat, they should have the good manners to shuffle off this mortal coil like we expected our forefathers to do after 18 months when pensions were first invented. image