ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

Comments

• tha llanelli marathon is my PB.2011 knocked 28 mins off my time..... loved it.....they are going to do a half at the same time next year and they are moving their march half to a different course

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

28 is clearly the magic number! image  That's amazing seren nos. I would be ecstatic if I could do that. 

I noticed that the March half goes from Parc Y Scarlets - that might put jonathan off if he's an Ospreys fanimage

We only tend to get down to Lanelli on the odd weekend or school hols - would love to try a half along the coastal path. All my halves have been up and down hills, although for every up you do have that very nice down!

• Nothing like booking onto a race to make you want to go for a run! Ashby 20 I am coming to get you!!

• Hello runners!  I'm new to this forum, having discovered it upon being selected for bootcamp.  I've been reading all the advice and tips from past bootcampers and find it very helpful, thank you all!

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone at bootcamp.  I'm excited for the experience and get more and more anxious as it gets close! 

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Welcome Gremlin. What is your running history? I think we are all in the same boat - excited but a little anxious. I'm sure on the day, from what some of last years attendee's have said, we'll have a great day whatever the outcome. Look forward to seeing you there!

• Hi Gremlin....looks like it should be dry but cold for you lot.much better than wet and windy

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Hi Seren nos, it looks that way but some of us southern softies may be in for a rude awakening. it's been pretty mild down here so far this month and whenever I have put tights on I've regretted it because it's been too warm. Mind you, I was grateful this morning for them - the rain was torrential. Great fun - always have liked training in those conditions!

• Hey Gremlin!!

DS2 your right training in the wet and wild is good fun.... as long as your heading straight home into the shower!

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Green and white tigger - It makes you feel alive doesn't it. I've been bouncy all day. My business partner thinks I'm totally mad as he retreats outside to inhale more nicotine! I know what I'd sooner be doing!

• Thank you for the weather update, I haven't given it much thought! I love running in the rain, but I'll pass on rainy and windy. Dry and cold I can do!  

I started running 5 1/2 years ago as a way to get back in shape, but was too intimidated to run any races until 2010. Finally, I decided I wanted to conquer the 1/2 marathon and signed up for one without ever running any other distance.  Following that, I ran a handful of various distances and then I ran my first full marathon last October.  I LOVED the feeling of crossing the finish line and knew that I would run another one, but life got crazy and I wasn't sure when it would happen.  I ran across this program at the perfect time!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Nice one Gremlin, which marathon did you do?

• Hi Malcs, the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, D.C., USA.   A great course for a first timer!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Wow - across the pond eh. And the Marines too - did you have a drill sergeant shouting at you the whole way round?image

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    hi everyone! counting down the hours ...I'm making some granola bars for Friday snacks.... bet you all wish you're in same group as me now! for anyone driving I checked out the uni parking n pay n display all day is ??6.
  • jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    oops that should have been a ?? sign
  • jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    why won't my phone do the pound sign?
  • jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    oops that should have been a ?? sign
  • It sounds like there's going to be an excellent mix of people come Friday. I never use to be a fan of running in the rain, but I ran the New Forest Marathon a couple of months ago and it was torrential rain for the whole race. I thought I'd hate it, but I actually loved it. I think the camaraderie of the other runners helped.

• Phone probs Jenf? image

I don't mind the rain so much but I hope it's not standing water! I had a cross country race on Sunday - eek! They didn't need to put any extra water obstacles in this year as mist of the course was underwater! Think I might have got a better time in flippers!

Seren Nos and AbigailLucy - I'd LOVE to knock 28 mins off of my marathon time! I've only done one marathon so far and the thought of being able to knock some more minutes off is very appealing!!

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    yes RRR! my home computer has died n posting from my phone is a challenge but I'm getting there!

morning everyone. only 2 more sleeps!
  • jenf - I presume you're on an iphone, for some reason apple doesn't like the £ (pound) sign on it's mobile devices, not sure about ipadimage. You must be getting excited now?

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Only 2 days to go peeps!!!image

• Malcs, I am from the States, so it's not so far when you are there. image  Did I read that you are taking the train up as well?  I get in to New Street at 9:17, I'll be cutting it close to get to there by 9:30, but it was either that or an even earlier departure and arrival.  

Seren, you are full of great advice, so helpful!

DS2, jenf, Runny, Adrian, jonathan and others - can't wait to meet you!

• I ran 15km this morning to make sure my legs still work ahead of Friday (and to break in a new pair of trainers). Thankfully they just about did!

Gremlin, your running history sounds very familiar. I remember entering my first 10km and standing at the start line feeling like I was an imposter, but an hour later I was hooked!

Hope everyone stays fit and healthy for the next couple of days image

• I'm really sorry to have to say I have been forced to withdraw. image image.

My job involves flood warning and defence, and due to the ongoing flooding incident in North Wales. I cannot have the time off work. I am devastated, but have let RW know and I'm hoping they can find a reserve. This is the first time in 12 years anything like this has happened and I can't believe the timing.

I'll be keeping track on here and definitely voting. All the best to everyone, and I hope to meet you soon. Maybe at next years bootcamp?

Malcs - I noticed that the Llanelli 1/2 now starts from Parc Y Scarlets, I'd like to run it wearing my Ospreys shirt, but unfortunately can't run quick enough!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

No jonathan! I really feel for you, that is the worst luck. Maybe they can keep your place for next year?  

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

jonathon  - that's a nightmare. image Let's hope you get your chance next year.

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Gremlin - yes indeedy, I'm risking the good old British rail system too. However, I'm booked on the 7:03 from Euston which gets in at 8:27. At least that's the plan. Somebody told me today that there were rumours of snow! 

9:30? Thought it was 10:00 image - that's just sent my adrenaline into overdrive! image 

Can't tell you how many times I read the info and still managed to miss the 9:30 start bit. Just relieved that I booked an early train! Breath in...and out...in...