Dog Fouling - Done to Death, I know . . .

124»

Comments

• Stevie G . wrote (see)
    Not had that, but did run down the woods and home once, only to be followed by a couple of HUGE dogs,

Perhaps if you washed more ..........

• Stevie G . wrote (see)
    Owners? They'd have been miles behind obviously....probably the knd of owners like on this thread who claim their dogs are no harm

The cheek!

Not that you're generalising as usual.... 

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I rather think that the folk who make disparaging (and downright rude) remarks about dogs and dog owners do so in order to get the totally predictable response from the dog lovers.

Is this a modern form of Pavlov's experiments?

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Some people like living with animals. I don't.

There's a level of associated filth with animals which I choose not to have in my living space.

If you long for a home where the Buffalo roam you'll wake up in a house full of cow shit.

🙂

• I'm the exact opposite. I dislike overly clean environments. I think a small amount of 'associated filth' is necessary for good health. There are many conditions and illnesses that doctors now think are caused by over-cleanliness. Most people seem to have a horror of any bacteria or natural dirt. I have a horror of pocket packs of antibacterial hand gel!

I remember watching a programme about auto immune diseases a while ago. The researchers trying to come up with new ways of treating them had a theory that when your immune system has nothing to do - i.e. in a super clean environment with no bugs to fight off - it's more likely to go wonky and turn on you. They were treating people by exposing them to high levels of bacteria or parasites, with a fair degree of success.
  • but RicF, how do you deal with things like ... going outside ? ... all those germs and everything just floating there in the air .... waiting for you to inhale them and pollute your lungs with their filth .... eeuuughghhh !!!

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Spent a large part of my childhood on a farm, cow shit, horse shit, chicken shit.

Spent 20 years fishing, there's filth for you.

Work out doors in gardens and train off road in muck and dirt.

Apparently my anti tetanus levels render further jabs superfluous.

I've had enough of shit and filth outdoors. I'm not inviting some shit machine to share my living space. I don't need their anti-bodies or smell

They can stay outside.

🙂

• I take it you're single then !!image

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Bruce C.

Wrong again, ha! Married to a lovely lady for best part of 20 years. So officially I'm a dirty old man.

She also believes animals have their place. On TV mainly.image

🙂

• You've been tricked. They grow into big ones the size of pigs.
  • I love the smell of my dogs.. one smells of biscuits and the other of cheesy biscuits cos she's a girl. They sleep outside in a kennel. I sleep upstairs in a bed. I know my place they know theirs.

• Cheesy biscuits and biscuits are both still biscuits. That's a bit like saying they smell of ice cream and vanilla ice cream.
  • I  like the smell of my dogs feet !! (not when they've just been running through cowpats though!)

• Their feet have scent glands. Sniffing dogs' paws is like sniffing human armpits! Though I have to admit I love the smell of my dogs' paws... image
  • I live in orienteering country, but I'm an ordinary runner. If I'm caught short I look out for one of those orange and white flags that orienteers leave out specially for people who need to visit the "rest room". It's really thoughtful of them.

I think someone comes round every now and then and collects it all up. At least, that's what the guy waving seemed to be doing last time I used one of their "depots" but I'm not sure as I had ipod earbuds in and couldn't hear him.