Wednesday 28th November 2012

Morning and its a very frosty one up here today

Todays lyrics:Your lights are on, but you're not home.

Yesterdays lyrics: One Great Thing by Big Country

What:4.5M Steadily done.

Why: I enjoy it.

Coffee is calling

Back later

Comments

• Morning.

Getting colder here - we were forecast snow over the weekend but they've changed their minds now.

How are you this morning chickadeee?

Hope you had a nice evening OH.

It will come Blisters.

What:                      short, easy run - may be on the treadie
    Why:                       not much time/tapering
    Last hard:               17/11
    Last rest:                 23/11

Lyrics - feel as though I should..............

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all!
    Much colder this morning, but thankfully no rain.
    Chicka - hope you are over the fall, sounds a bit nasty
    Tom - a positive outcome from the physio, and all the best for a swift return to usual business
    Wabo - I hope you are not 'flooded in' at work!

Club last night, variation to the schedule: 16x300s on grass, with 100 jog back to the start. First 100m uphill, then turn into the wind. Nice. Ran better than expected, almost a rep ahead of my usual peers by the end, and just off the slowest of the fast guys.
    Legs feeling it this morning though, so...
    what - either rest or 4 easy
    why - see above
    last rest - 12 days
    last hard - yesterday
    Should have got yesterdays group (if not the track).
    I think I know today's too.

have a wonderful day

• Lyrics: yes

last night: 2M easy then 5 x 0.5mile @ 5k pace with 0.25 recoveries, then 2M easy.

tonight: 50 mins including 20 mins fartlek

WHY: its on the schedule!

very cold weather at the moment so need to wrap up

• Not cold here, in fact its much warmer than teh same time last year when I was cycling in arm warmers and buff, todays pre dawn cycle was shorts and short sleeve shirt only.

Tom: sounds hopeful, 

Dustin: sounds as if your on form, any races coming up?

LMH: what you tapering for?

What: Cycled 45K pre dawn, watched the moon set, the planets shine out and the planes line up to land at the airport.Will do intervals tonight.
    Why: Mid season maintenance
    Last Hard: Friday
    Last Rest: Thursday

Lyrics: Yes

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Good morning

Lyrics - not today I'm afraid. I did google it and I do know the song, but I've never been able to concentrate on the lyrics whilst watching the video.

Jogged very slowly for 15mins, well within the physio's discomfort parameters - a better outcome than I expected. Glutes a bit DOM'd from yesterdays strength work but more strengthening done today.

Attended the clubs AGM last night and am now a committee member - pleased to be able to get involved.

Have good day y'all
  • What: interviewing prospective new partner
    Why: plenty of work to share around
    Last rest from exercise: Monday
    Lyrics: no

Here I have to confess that I more often listen to music without lyrics(R3).
    I tend to know some before 1982 (after which I became a junior doctor and my social life ceased for a few years)

LMH - yes, a pleasant evening out for the 3 of us

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

no we were not flooded in but oh dear the fields are totally flooded

little bit more weight off today, 4lbs to go!

what: 2.25 easy nice runthis morning

why: Off to see spurs tonight so that was all the time I had, had a great club run last night

last hard: this morning running early

last easy: monday

There is something really nice about running in a pack I rediscovered last night, I did nearly 6 miles and it was almost effortless!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon!

Wabo: well done on weight loss, the group run...and not being flooded out! Enjoy Spurs!

Tom: all sounds good!

What: 30 boring minutes on the exercise bike. Stretches. Core and walk later.

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Good news Tom.

Hope you find the right person OH. Glad you all had an enjoyable evening.

Well done on the weight loss Wabo.

DD - I'm running a 10 mile race on Sunday. Not on top form but my 10 mile PB is years old and soft and I want to be fresh enough to have a really good workout.

Sounds as though you need a good play list for whilst you're on the exercise bike Alehouse. Are you allowed to do intervals? What news of Paddy?

This mornings run wasn't exactly easy and neither was it inside but it was soul warming. I ran what for me is quite a hilly little 4 mile loop with a large section through open fields and with far reaching views. Set me up for the day!

• Happy tapering, LMH. That run sounds beautiful.

wabo: nice consistent weightloss. I'm bound to get fat now that I don't run image

Dustin: very speedy club work!

Garmin will send me a brand spanking new 410 (the have no more 405s) complete with a 2 year warranty for nearly half price. It's complete with accessories (HRM, USB Stick, etc.). Can't complain really!

Knee felt good this morning but hurts again by now. Sitting at my desk is probably not the best thing I can do right now but I have no choice. I reckon I will be on the bench for a few more days ...  the only thing I could probably do is sit ups image

• LMH: watched breakfast TV. Still bored! Was going to ask Phys about intervals tomorrow. Sounds an enjoyable run this morn!

Paddy is still struggling injury wise. Said he hopes to be back soon, though.

Oh dear Chick! Although Garmin is a good result.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Chickadee - If you haven't already taken up Garmin's offer, Garmin 410s are on a good price of £148 at Amazon

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

tom - the video is the only plus about the songimage
    DD - just xc races until the new year, but want to do myself justice in them...

• Alehouse - I find that working to HR and doing intervals makes the time pass much more quickly.

Sorry to hear that you're benched chickadee, hope it doesn't last long.

I often feel very fortunate to have the environment that I do to run in, and the opportunity, ability and motivation to be able to enjoy it, it just seemed even better this morning.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

X Trg in the gym today after night shift last night

A tad tired here today

Take care

• Lyrics: Yes
    What: 6.25m undulating
    Why: Early finish and light enough to run in the country
    Last Hard: Yesterday's fartlek on the treadi
    Last Rest: Last Friday
    Chickadeee/Tom hope you're both on the mend
    AH Fastine lenteimage
    Absolutely knackered after today's effort even though it wasn't hard. Pre grading at tkd tonight so no exercise involved for me. Just entered Embra...might be a tad ambitious post London but gives me two strategies for next year.

• Evening all,

Goggled the lyrics just to watch the video as didn't know the song image

Had to take a day off today from running as pushed too hard on hill intervals last night, got a nasty pain on the outside of my left knee, had to walk straight legged this morning as wasn't convinced it could hold my weight, although has felt better as the day's gone on.

My own fault, shouldn't have pushed so hard straight after racing image

Gonna see how it feels tomorrow before I decide whether to do tomorrows planned run.

Hope you've all had a good day
  • Evening! Indeed, Straycelt, there is much to learn from the tortoise!

Take care, Sweep: you may well have identified the cause! Hope that the problem goes as quickly as it came.

Think I just heard Wabo cheer: Spurs have just taken the lead.

Resting leg now: suspect I have done too much today, including going up and down the stairs and a step ladder too many times.
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Alehouse: congratulations on overdoing it - the sign of a true road runner
  • Dubai Dave - the cycle sounded wonderful!

Tom - good work getting involved in your club's committee - hope you continue to shake your injury.

Chickadee - hope you recover from your accident quickly too.

Wabo - yes it is great running in a group - takes your mind off the run.

alehouse - you sound very upbeat - good that you've got an exercycle.

What: I got a new Garmin 610 for my birthday on the 26th and have been trying to find out how to use it. I've done 3 runs with it so far and I have found the runs I am doing are shorter so I am slower than I thought. I can't believe how I can get myself to race at the pace that I do. No wonder I "blow up" in the marathon! 

Today I ran 8.90km in 55.38 Ave heart rate 140 max 170.

Not sure that I like the results, but will be interested to see what I can do for some intervals, though I'm feeling a bit dizzy this morning.

• Tom: Need to restore my sensible head! Trouble is I have my eye on so many DIY jobs that could do attention, particularly in view of my forthcoming hospital visit(s)!
  • Hi, NZC, and a belated happy birthday. Good to see you getting 170 bpm: nothing like defying the 220 minus age formula!
  • stepladder?

Happy Belated Birthday NZC. I can't run anything like as fast in training as I can with  a number on - I put it down to adrenaline.

Hope it's fine tomorrow sweep - give it a good massage working from your knee up your quad - or better still use a foam roller if you have one.

• Evening

NZC: A belated Happy Birthday from me too.

Wabo:You'llb e happy with Spurs being 2 -0 up (so far).

• Evening all.

It's time to crawl out from under my rock.

Swimming going great. Back up to 4k max, with regular swims of 2k and above. Problem with swimming is that unlike running, you cant swim no matter where you are - when i'm away, while for running its great as you have more time, for swimming not good as you cant swim up the road (although that would have been possible on Sunday.

Any way i have run up to 3 miles but calf keeps re-acting - pain man says that he may be able to treat this - going to see him Friday.

As with the daily news, when you read back there's so much to catch up on that i will just ease back in.

However, notably deserved comments:

Ale:- keep on plugging there - DIY usually isnt neccessary - Oh by the way I've got tickets to see the Roses in London in June next again (havent worked this out with her iindoors though!!!)

NZC - Nice Birthday present.

Talking of committee's, I am on one that raises funds for the local Community Sports Field. I suggested we try a race and guess what - I've ended up organizing it - mind you I have willing helpers. Its hard work and there's lots to cover!! I will keep you's posted.

Anyway - today 2k swim

• Good to see you Paddy,  and hope that there is a quick solution to the calf issue.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hi Paddy, good to see you back on here!
    what (update) - nada, home late and tired so taking a rest day, first once since 2 fridays ago, so probably needed!

• Recruited successfully image

No exercise today image

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Welcome back Paddy.My son's also off to see the Roses next summer. Can we organise a whip round to get some singing lessons for Ian Brown?

OH, for a moment I thought you were recruiting an OH!

Christine, happy birthday
  • Hugs to those feeling benched and those who are tentatively ignoring the obvious but should be benched.

Managed 6 miles tonight, but heart not in it. That means it was a good training session. The ones that breeze around are too easy.