I'm freeeeeeeeeeeee!

Finally free from the hell hole of my old job...today was my last day, contract ran out and they decided not to renew - and I am SO glad they didn't! A massive weight has been lifted and I'm finally relaxing for the first time in ages - bliss!

Day off tomorrow, and then I start a new contract on Monday. Cannot wait to start, the building is beautiful and the people I have met seem nice, relaxed and chilled out. New boss gave me no weird vibes or hackles up feelings...so fingers are firmly crossed.

I'm very lucky to have friends and family who have supported me through all the mess and rubbish and stress, the endless tears and worry and angst...so thank you. To all of you!

Comments

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

If it was that bad, what made you stay?

Or rather why didn't you just leave?

🙂

• Good question Ric. Ultimately, I'm a stubborn bugger who refused to be beaten down. I wasn't going to let him (the boss) win. I have been constantly applying for other jobs but there is a lot more competition out there than 2 years ago when I was last job hunting and this one paid well, was convenient and other than the boss, I got on well with everyone. Had I had an alternative job to go to, I'd have been gone.

However, it has given me plenty of experience...and a bit more of an idea of who I am.

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Hi Mim, 

Can't hack being employed myself. Probably the thought of being exploited for someone else's gain is behind that.

I endured it long enough to get all major expenses covered so the sentence has been served.

My last place of employment lasted 13 years. I was so obviously delighted at being made redundant that I was sent packing the following day with four months tax free in addition to the severance.

Mind you, the fact I was the only one who didn't give the boss a hard time over his decision could have been a factor.

Good luck. 

🙂

• Good for you Mimaduck image

• I used to have a team leader who thought that the best way to get the job done when we were busy and short staffed, was to stand with his hands in his pockets, and shout at everyone.

He eventually got the boot for fiddling his overtime. image

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

What about those employees who treat their workplace as some sort of personal territory, where they think they've built themselves an empire. 

Redundancy must be like a kick in the bollocks for those types.

Queen bees included. Take those wings off, you're grounded.

🙂

• I don't get on with work either. That's why I only ever work part time. i job hop all over the place.

I wish I had what it took to work for myself but I don't. I lack any real usable transferable skills so I'll just do dead end jobs until...

Anyway mima, I'm glad you are out of that blackhole.

• RicF wrote (see)

What about those employees who treat their workplace as some sort of personal territory, where they think they've built themselves an empire. 

Redundancy must be like a kick in the bollocks for those types.

Queen bees included. Take those wings off, you're grounded.

Yes, I hate those type of people. "This company would never manage without me..."

Ok, so how do you think that they manage when you are on holiday? image

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    T.mouse wrote (see)

I don't get on with work either. That's why I only ever work part time. i job hop all over the place.

I wish I had what it took to work for myself but I don't. I lack any real usable transferable skills so I'll just do dead end jobs until...

Anyway mima, I'm glad you are out of that blackhole.

Ever tried mowing lawns? 

🙂