Saturday 1st December 2012

Morning!

Lyrics are: Three, six, nine,
The goose drank wine...

A round of applause for the RW techies who have got the forum up and running again, and for anyone racing today.

What: nothing
Why: foot, rather than the Achilles, is very tender.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Hi all, checking in from a coach in Iceland with wifi!

What: No running.

Why: On holiday with a group of friends. Apparently there was a parkrun here but it's not going at the moment. Just as well, we're doing a golden circle tour today and it was an early start (same time as UK and it's still not light!).

Last hard: Can't remember. It'll have been a whole week off running by the time I get back.

Lyrics: Don't think so.

Happy running/resting/weekend.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all, 
    well done pammie...
    what - hampshire xc (marshalling, then running..)
    I expect i'll see (the back of) RFJ at some stage i.e.the start.
    why - home fixture
    last rest - yesterday: planned 3-4 easy never materialised
    last hard - getting up at 6:30 this morning to take youngest swim training (she's also xc-ing later) , a positively tropical -2degC Meanwhile eldest has away hockey fixture  
    manic sport weekends ...all good fun!

lyric - yes indeed 

• Morning. Glad to see we're mended - and that Blisters has forgiven me image

Great result Pammie.

Race well Dustin, RFJ and anyone else indulging.

Happy Holidays GGG.

I am in Tom country, well, nearby at least.

What:                 Nothing
    Why:                  Racing tomorrow
    Last hard:          17/11
    Last rest:           23/11

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    LHM - welcome to the land that time forgot. Are you running the NVH 10M tomorrow?

Lyrics - initially got it confused with 3,5,7,9...little white line, but now I know better and am off to heaven in a little row boat.

25 minutes of running this morning. "Hamstring watch" reports 20 minutes of only mild discomfort (ache rather than pain) but gradual tightening over last few minutes. General principle is that as soon as the hammie ache/pain becomes the predominate ache/pain of the run, then that's the time to head for home!

Blisters - great chomp, really enjoyed it. Feel free whenever you want, you're among friends here.
  • Morning all,

Working all day and busy this evening so will be lucky to fit anything in.

Hope you have a good holiday GGG.

Nope to the lyrics.
  • Hey all. Not be on in ages. Work and illness meant i havent ran in over a month. Started this morning on ice round the park. Spoke to my cousin yesterday and decided im gonna apply to a few charities for the Brighton marathon and just focus my training on that until then.

what: 10k at what felt a moderate pace in 50 mins.

Why: dusting off the old trainers after what seems like far too long.

Lyrics. "It isnt love but every time i kinda wish it was." Casanova Lament by Frank Turner.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Hi all,

a mixed tale today.....

Parkrun at Bushy thismorning was excellent, raced it hard and was rewarded for best time in well over 2 years with an 18:46 and 24th place inc 2 sub 6mm image

Then just got to XC in time, last time I ran this one it was 4.71m..... unknowing to me they have extended it to the longest in the league to just shy of 10k.... totally knackered to finish in 146th place, but will take this morning run as pleasing and this afternoons as strength....... still avereaged under 7mm though.

Good to catch up with Dustin as usual and well done.

Take care

• That's the plan Tom - though the forecast is a little parky!

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Nice, RFJ (well this morning at least...two races of any length in a day is always tricky!) Did Junior run today?

GGG: did it ever get light?! A few years ago my parents went to Iceland in June: it barely got dark.

Good to see you Spark. Consistent training is the key for your marathon (and consistent posting sometimes helps with the consistent training!!)

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Cheers lad. Iv got two weeks of work left that should be fairly stress free then 3 weeks off work, so 5 weeks should get me into a solid routine for the start of january and a new year. Need to ease myself back in, dont want the tendonitis to creep back in. Gonna try and get a running partner for my LSR at the weekend as iv never consistantly ran for over 11 miles. Someone to run with will help with the longer runs as i get bored and start speeding up haha.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

seems a good plan Spark

Ale - Jnr has gone done with Teen-ager Flu....image so he has stayed in all day...

• What; 7.7 muddy Icy miles
    Why: that's how it is
    Last rest: Friday
    Last Hard: today
    Lyrics: no

Off out to work Matty ward "Xmas" night out

• Evening

Was up in the big smoke again today to meet a rw forumite great day out if an early start come home and great result for the Hammers sorry any blues fans

So no running or cycling today and i know the lyrics image

• No idea on the lyrics. Even if Spark has actually quoted them, I know neither the track nor the artist.
    After yesterday's frustrations the day finished with the cycle group leader sending out a group email to say that today's bike ride was cancelled due to the forecast high probability of thick fog and sub zero temperatures. As a result I got up, got dressed appropriately and went for a long run.....in brilliant sunshine under blue skies with 2 degrees. So, a very happy runner returns to his running roots and gets 22 miles done. OK it wasn't the 8:30m/m screamer from a couple of weeks ago. More like 9:20m/m and gritting it out at the end. But hey ho, another 20 bagged. More endurance work required.

A great day for XC I'm sure. Dustin, RFJ and OH, whether racing or just happily trotting round the woods.

Sparkly lights fixed to the house....taste? It's Advent.