ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

Comments

• Hi, I have just checked my emails after reading all your messages above and I have been selected to go through. I still havent finished work and I am now finding it hard to concentrate on the jobs that I still have left to do.

I would just like to say that im sorry to everyone who hasnt managed to get through as i know how much this has meant to us all. If I do get through I will share as much of the experts advice with you all as a can

• Does that you're through DS2? I know some who are through via Twitter. Will be fun to see who the final 15-18 are....

Bad luck Tigger, at least you can concentrate on panto rehearsals?

• It's a 'no' for me, sadly. But well done to Sarah and all the others who did get through. It will be an incredible journey!
  • jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    hi guys! well it looks as if you are getting my granola bar recipe.... I'm through to voting!

I feel very honoured when I look at the calibre of everyone who was there on Friday to have got through. You were all great in so many ways!
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Don't really know what to say. I'm through too. I feel very lucky to have made the cut but gutted for those of you who didn't. 

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

jenf - we must have posted at the same time, congratulations!

Granola 'o' clock! 

• Well done Jenf! That's great news.

Now, hand over that granola recipe, they were amazing!!!!

• Really chuffed for you Jenf and Malcs!! and everyone else who's in!

and for the record Im NOT doing Panto anymore!

• Thankyou. Im full of mixed emotions, a part of me is excited, but another part is upset for the people who didnt make it through

• Congrats Malcs, Sarah, and JenF!  

Sadly, I'm a "no" as well, but it was such a wonderful experience!  Can't wait to keep following those who made it through.

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Tigger - thanks so much. It's great that the excitement gets to continue for a bit longer. So disappointed you didn't get to join us image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Tony - TR24 is an unbelievable experience. It's hard as hell but the atmosphere is amazing. A bootcamp team (or teams) would be a great idea, what do you reckon? 

• Congratulations to those that are through, and sorry to those that haven't made it to the next phase, I know it meant a lot to everyone for varying reasons.

I've made it to the next stage, feel so lucky and excited!

• Malcs - Cheers buddy! you can bounce for me!

• Congratulations Malcs, Sarah and JenF. Seeing your messages, I checked my email having given up hope and have also made it through to the next stage. I'm very sorry to hear those that didn't make it through. This takes the gloss off slightly as there were so many quality people there with such inspiring stories.

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Shady Ady Baby - nice one! ... can Mrs Ady cope with another week and a half of this?

• Bootcamp rejects thread has been created!

• for all those who didn't get through just remember "don't be sad that it is over just be glad it happened" (to paraphrase Dr Suess) Good luck to everyone through! I am doing Paris anyway so I am hoping I can follow one of your training schedules!

• Keep a look out in the next day or two for the RW Forum Six ....  chance to be part of something   image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Gremlin - many thanks. Sorry you didn't make it. You too Stan - I reckon all of could easily be on the other side of the fence.

And of course, let's not forget only 5 of us will make it all the way. Whatever happens, it's been a great experience.

• No for me too.

To be honest though when I met you all on Friday, I knew that I didn't have a chance. Lots of great runners, good stories and really nice people, so just feel lucky to have been there. Am gutted but really pleased for those who are through to the vote. Best of luck for the next stage!

I've got a place for London, but thinking of switching to Paris instead so I can at least give it a go!

See you on the rejects thread, there's always next years competition!
  • Malcs.......Mrs Ady has already said she can't cope with another week and a half of this constant running talk. Luckily my mother-in-law is visiting, which will help keep her hands full for the duration of the next stage of voting. I don't know who's going to be busier!

And I completely agree........it has been a great experience and whatever the outcome I'm already a better runner for it.

• Well done to Sarah, JenF, Malcs and Ady! Have just got home to check emails and found out I'm through as well. Commiserations to all those that didn't get through, and certainly don't feel more deserving than anyone else who was there on Friday. As I said earlier, meeting you guys was one of the most inspiring bits if the day
  • DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Sorry, I was out taking my daughter dancing and my bloody phone ran out of battery! Anyhow, I too made it through so absolutely delighted and for Sarah, JenF, Malcs, Ady and Clive. Well done one and all.

Equally, it was a bit of a dampener to hear about those not getting through. image

Apologies for anyone I've missed out.

• it was a no for me too!

although I am a bit disappointed Friday was such a great day, got so much great advice and met some lovely people so I don't feel too bad.

Jen would love your recipe too as they were gorgeous.

a big well done to everyone that got through!!
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    DS2 - I am so pleased for you. Well done!!!
  • Hello to everyone, pleased to say I'm through, really really happy, I thought the Bootcamp was a prize in itself. I'm over the moon, well done done to everyone else! And a sorry to everyone who didn't get through!!!
  • DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Hi Miini - thanks very much. I will do my best to get back to the Sub 3:15 thread tomorrow but I have a busy day. Unfortunately, it is my uncle's funeral in the afternoon and I need to take care of my Dad who is, naturally, going to be upset and not in great health himself so I may not make it on there sadly until Wednesday. I, also, have to write my election speech!!!

I'm very happy if you want to share the good news on there on my behalf though!

paulsamcymru - well done on getting through! imageBad luck Lisa.image

• DS2 - Well done and to the other successful bootcampers. Ps. Minni is chief cheerleader on the sub3:30 thread, sub 3:15 are the arch enemy lol.
  • Hi all, I managed to get through to the final vote, not sure how. 

It was a cracking day Friday and took away so much. Met some great like minded people, Clive Kelty and paulsamcymru to name 2. 

As Clive said commiserations to those who didn't get through.