Running in Petersfield

I'm about to move to Petersfield in Hampshire, are there any friendly running clubs around that area that meet for the odd easy run and don't mind some new guy hanging on?

Comments

• I'm a bit further south than you so I am not familiar with Petersfield, but there are running clubs in Waterlooville and Denmead. If you are willing to travel a bit further then there are the Portsmouth Joggers, who are a big club so they have the capacity to accommodate all levels and meet up more than once a week.
  • I'm surprised that there is not a running club in Petersfield

There is Haslemere and Border in Haslemere who have the use of some good facilities at Woolmer Hill school/The Edge Sports Centre or the Midhurst Milers who do an excellent job of organising the Midhurst 10k in August. The Midhurst club also have a very welcoming and informative website.
  • TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Denmead Striders are quite a quick bunch of people. Portsmouth Joggers meet at the north end of Portsmouth so would only be about 10 mins in a car from Petersfield, freindly welcoming club. google them and have a look.
  • well i'm moving there in a couple of weeks so maybe we should start one!
  • Haslemere Border Athletic Club are a fantastic bunch (they have a website and a facebook page) and not far from Petersfield. I don't run with them anymore due to work commitments, but I wish I could! I used to live in Petersfield and loved it, would move back without hesitation.

• Don't forget Liss Runners! Only 3 miles to the North of Petersfield and we have a Thursday evening social running session from Petersfield car park at 7pm. Just turn up and check us out. www.liss-runners.org.uk.