Possible Derby Parkrun

2»

Comments

• I was under the impression it was going to be Markeaton Park? Can't imagine Darley Park would provide a very good route as there are no real paths.

• Hi, I'm not sure if you have seen the email from parkrun this week, but it says....

Volunteers needed for Derby parkrun
    - We are close to launching a new event in Darley Park and all that’s left is to build the volunteer team. If you’d like to offer your support to volunteer event director Ian Schofield please contact us via email helloUK@parkrun.com

• Yes, saw Parkrun news today and delighted that Derby will have its own weekly run - much easier to get to than Nottingham,Mansfield or Sheffield for me.

Surprised that it's not at Markeaton Park - Derby Hospitals hold a very successful 5k charity jog there at Christmas each year ,all on paths , usually around 300 runners and no problems with other park users. Also good car parks. Has this been looked at and rejected ?

Anyway congratulations to the organisers and I look forward to the first event.

P.s. The 'Jingle Jog' is this Sunday (9th) Markeaton. Warm up at 10.30. Entries can be on the day (not sure how much) & includes the Santa suit !

• Just seen on the Park run website that Derby starts on 27th Aprilimage

• image Thanks Saffy Sweety Pea, I'd missed that ! Looks a scenic course, hope to have a trundle round on the 27th.

• unfortunatley that is the day before the Derby 10k so I will have to miss the first one, but looking forward to participating from then on.

• Did anyone do Derby Parkrun today? How we did it go? Like stringy I'm doing Derby 10k tomorrow so didn't do the Parkrun, but should hopefully be there next Saturday.

• Yes I was there with 96 others. Seemed to go well apart from some difficulties with the barcode scanner. Mostly flat but with one short steep hill we had to do twice. Lots of grass which was fine last week but could be a bit grim in the wet. Have a good run tomorrow.

• I did Darley Parkrun this morning and really enjoyed it.......but that hill....twice image.     I definitely need to do more hill training!

I shall be back next week.