Asics 26.2 Busy Lifestyle - vote for me

Here we go, here's a little about me, my 150 words touched on it before but I'll explain a little more.

I started jogging about 3 years as a way of losing weight and keeping fit to be a fit and active father of two boys.  I'm a naturally competitive person and it wasn't long the jogging was getting quicker and quicker, the clothing was getting more technical and the watch changed from a £10 one to an expensive GPS one.  I loved it, couldn't get enough of it and when the going got tough at home, even my wife said why don't you get your running shoes on and go out for a bit.

I run everywhere, I live in North Wales in a fairly rural area so I'm lucky, I get to run up mountains, fells, trails (signed up for the Wales Trail Marathon 2013).  I would still consider myself a beginner as I'm learning all the time, the Bootcamp we just did was amazing ad I picked up so many tips and for fantastic advice from experts and in my mind if this is as far as I get, I've had more than enough.

I've attempted a few marathon's but it's still the one race that evades me, my times for 10k are 41 mins, and half marathon 1hr 33mins, so in my mind I have to have a good marathon in me. But I always suffer and struggle with fatigue and cramping and just about manage a sub 4hr.  This is why I entered the competition, to get sound advice and a sound training plan. I know I can do it, I just need a little help along the way.

As I said in my 150 words I do have a busy lifestyle, I work 12 hour days and nights and my wife adjusts her part time hours around my shifts so that when I have my days off I have to look after my 2 toddler boys (going to work is easier believe me). That being the way it is I train when I can and it can be anytime from 5am to even going out for a long run at 9pm. 

I always train and always want to train,  I want to get better and better, I joined Wrexham AC in the summer and they have been the best, so welcoming and full of advice and experience and I've really come on since. My marathon experiences have come from London, Chester and Snowdonia (no PB coming from Snowdon, anyone done this will know why). When I finish a marathon I've always been disappointed and would love to do it right.

I train 30 - 40 miles a week depending on what I'm training for and if the family life permits. If there are any shift working parents of young toddlers out there want to see how it can be done please vote and we'll share the experience together.

I didn't know the forum was a big part of selection and would understand the frustration of the people who regularily post and haven't got through. Also the people who think my time isn't fast enough and would be a wasted entry but runners come in all forms, that's what makes it a great sport.  So that is me, I'm always honest and would give it my best shot and be as active on the forum as anyone, so everything I do will be recorded here. 

If I have missed anything or you want to know more please get in touch. 

Paul Samuels

Busy Lifestyle  

PS A vote would be nice

Comments