ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

Comments

• Morning.....I'm planning the same....a 12 hour day and then straight on a train to visit my brother this weekend in Wales. At least it means I can sneak a run in somewhere new, and as he lives on the coast, I get the chance to run by the sea.......it seems to make the miles go by much quicker having some nice scenery to look at.

DS2 - I have to say I've never worn leggings in my life. I think that will change this winter though..........it seems more popular in recent years.

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    morning all! yes do some work today so that I won't have to spend so long catching up tonightimage
  • Yes moring everyone, we have 40mph winds and rain going is wet to swimming off road but enjoyable just short one this morning still very dark

Anyone still have snow?

• CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

Have a great day y'all. My boss has been supportive of the competition so far..., hasn't said anything YET about me being on the internet so much. Animals must come first today, speak to you animals later image

Clear looking morning here Tony x

• Tony, still some snow and ice on the ground in places round my way - made the run last night interesting! But mostly gone now.

Great to meet you at bootcamp - best of luck!
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Ady - where in Wales? I love running there when we go down. The coastal path goes for miles. Nice change from the housing estates of suburbia image

Tony - no snow here any more image

As an act of solidarity I will try and do the same but I was freakin useless with the cease fire yesterday.
  • Hi

CaroT - maybe need to ask for some forum time! - thanks for weather update

Steve loves bacon -  yes great to meet you at bootcamp, forum continues to bring a smile as i read through it and yes best of luck

Malcs - spent a lot of time in Wales and agree some amazing country side and coastline, shame about the snowimage 

• I managed to fall asleep by about 1 last night.....everyone's forum names were flying in and around my head for at least a good hour!

Have a good day everyone......long run day today!
  • Morning all

Just to my desk after clocking up an easy 7 miles this morning at MP +30. Was pointed towards the Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ?? thread by JF50 on my thread yesterday and was subsiquently inspired to be out the door at 5:30!

Didn't feel as cold as I expected out but there we definitely some areas of black ice about..there were a few hairy moments my mates would have enjoyed...I had a bit of a reputation at school for not being particularly stable on my feet (hence inheriting Elton John's "I'm Still Standing" as my personal theme tune!)

Shady_Ady wrote (see)

DS2 - What core-workouts do you do? I do pilates twice (well, at the moment it's only once) a week and I swear since doing this my rate of injuries has dropped to nothing! I haven't quite worked up the courage to go to classes yet......just myself in front of the TV in the living room.....it's like a dirty little secret!

Does this mean that it's ok for me to buy "my wife" a pilates dvd for Christmas Ady?!

Have a good day guys, now to do some work image

• Good morning guys! Just thought i would nip on before I take my little boy to school and go to work... I've never worn tights and never really thought about doing so? I dont really feel the cold to much on my legs. I really need some new rainers though I've done around 600 miles in the ones I'm wearing presently.... Hope you all have an amazing day! I will keep trying to check in throughout the day when my boss leaves her desk which is next to mine!! I''ve also got my senior manager sat right behind me so will have to go stealth!! image

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Sills - definitely a pilates DVD!

• Sarah - haha I've been doing the same! Was getting ready for work this morning, thinking about the competition, looked down and I'd put a pair of jeans on! Casual Friday??

Tony - the forum has been amazing so far - so friendly and inclusive... long may it continue!

Andrew - will be interesting to do a poll of how many of us have lost our jobs by the end of this process!

• Malcs - Haha yeah right! You'll be posting again in T minus ten minutes...

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I just posted this on Clive's forum but thought it should be shared with everyone!

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/images/post-top-left.png

Morning Clive,

Here is an excerpt from an email I received from an old friend this morning. Thought you and Sarah osborne 4 might enjoy reading. There is some recognition for the excellent work your profession does:

My main problem is I enjoyed the experiences I have had the good fortune to experience, been amazed at the treatments endured and the nursing staff that I have been blessed with that still make my eyes water with undying admiration (they were and are brilliant).

I sailed through my stays in hospital, but watched with a sense of awe at the dedication some of the poorer patients received from these multi national nurses and doctors, evidenced by their ceaseless care and attention.

Sorry about that but somebody needs to tell of the good work that is carried out daily by these men and women that don't seem to get much publicity, only the downsides are news worthy aren't they.

• Hey guys how we all doing!? Your right Steve that would be an iteresting poll! I bet Malcs has already had a quick look at whats going off?! Its ok were all addicted too!! image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

[today I will only be communicating through the medium of smilies! Time to run now - bonza!]

• Ha ha I shall be going running shortly! Its a beautiful day for it! Nice, crisp & the sun is shining! image

• Afternoon all, The Boot Camp video is up on the Runnersworld TV section. Won't load on my machine at work at the moment. Probably a warning that I should be with customers or something.

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

for those who are not one of the lucky 5 next week....

HERE IS YOUR CHANCE !!!!

Have you been shunned by Asics?

Stuck in a training rut?

Got a marathon place and can only run round the block??

Busy busy busy and no time to train??

I have six lovely mentors all lined up and chomping at their Mizunos to get involved

All you have to do is to tell us why you should be given the prize of the millenium

YOUR PITCH

Should not threaten to harm small animals
    Should not send people to sleep or need a screen break

It will contain your hopes for a marathon time
    It will contain your marathon entry confirmed
    It will contain a brief running history of recent times and pb's

We would love to hear all about YOU, strengths, weaknesses and limitations

---------------------------------------

This thread will close on Monday 17th December and then Kittenkat and her esteemed Adjudicator(s) will cogitate the pitches and we will then announce the LUCKY SIX on Christmas Eve

Asics 6??  As they said on Channel 4 ... thanks for the warm up     image

Click on the link below to be taken to the pitching page.....

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/spring-marathon/the-rw-forum-six/234971.html

• I've just watched the video, they're not lying when they say the camera adds 10 pounds. I seriously need to lay off the cakes image
  • anyone get friendly with Tamsin on the bootcamp.any idea why she has stopped posting and not set up a thread.......is she unwell.or do you think the forum nature of the competion has scared her off..........its hard for us to vote for someone if we can't get to see their posting style......

you don't need to post every minute and post loads of rubbish.......just enough so we can get an idea of what to expect if you winimage

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Not sure seren nos - I couldn't see why she stopped either. let's hope it's nothing major and she'll be on over the weekend.

Just had a nice 6.77 in 52;20 with 4 at MP at lunchtime. It's so nice to run a gently undulating course instead of the stupidly hilly stuff I do at home. Actually got in a rythm and felt steady all the way round instead of gasping for air one minute and bombing downhill the nextimage. I may do more from work!

• IndyMcQueen wrote (see)
    I've just watched the video, they're not lying when they say the camera adds 10 pounds. I seriously need to lay off the cakes image

I need to lay of the pasties after watching it to, I see what someone was saying on another thread when we could get better times if we lay off the pies!!!

• Reg.....everytime i look at your profile picture...it looks like that you are sitting on a toiletimage

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Just breaking radio silence to say that the Forum Six sounds like a great opportunity. Obviously those of us lucky enough to still be in contention still have our hopes pinned on hearing good news next week. However, from what I've read the Forum Six is fantastic and a great alternative option for anyone who's out of the process.

Also - nice to see some of you didn't babble like fools in the interviews image  They burned the tape with mine on!

• seren nos wrote (see)

Reg.....everytime i look at your profile picture...it looks like that you are sitting on a toiletimage

I have actually just LOL'd (I think that what it means, not lots of love as I thought)