Vote - Malcs

Comments

• Fingernails left? Nope!

I'm having a blast though! image It's great chatting to so many people! Wheeeee! Talking abuot running almost as good as running!! image

• Do I know you from somewhere Malcs?!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Ha! You're not the first person to have asked me that today image

I'm still convinced we have met before you know. It'll come to me soon and I'll kick myself for not having remembered sooner. Although I am entertaining the possiblity that I could be wrong and you just bear a slight resemblande to former England scrum half Matt Dawson image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Bugger - kids' dinner is burning....sh...

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Semi-rescued.

The most charred items have been removed and will make good BBQ fuel for the summer. The rest have been scraped and are now relatively carbon free. Tommy sauce will disguise any remaining evidence and my cunning plan is complete.

I will report back on my success later.

• So ... vomiting children and ketchup stained walls? Or has cunning plan worked? image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Complete success thanks!

I daren't say what I was cooking in case Ruth McKean is listening in image

• Hey, just thought I would come and have a noisy on someone else's thread, see how your getting on and wish you good luck
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    Hey Doc - thanks for stopping by image

It's a nervy business - such a great opportunity up for grabs. You know if you win we'll all be expecting training analysis from a medical standpoint!

How are you coping with the wait? Best of luck to you too!
  • Your more than welcome?

I hope I won't disapoint if I am lucky enough to get through.

I'm a bag of nerves, it's almost like waiting for exam results. I'm just hoping I sleep a little better tonight!

How about you?
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Ditto. I think we all are from what I've read - and really wouldn't anyone be?

• .....and I guess if they wasn't should they have really entered! It's such an amazing priceless prize!
  • jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    malcs go get some work done today else you'll be up post midnight again !image
  • he wasn't the latest of the contenders to post thoughimage

so what are the plans for the weekend......i would get drink and eat too much as its my last weekend before my training schedule starts..............

• Malcs wrote (see)

Although I am entertaining the possiblity that I could be wrong and you just bear a slight resemblande to former England scrum half Matt Dawson image

Matt Dawson...Alan Shearer...could be worse!

What line of work you in Malcs? Any hobbies other than running? I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this, maybe we could just compare friends on facebook!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    seren nos wrote (see)

he wasn't the latest of the contenders to post thoughimage

Thanks for the subtle hint seren. Yes - come on fess up jen!  You have been named and shamed - 2:46am folks (edited that to put it in bold) ! Too much time on the weights jen. The maximuscle is affecting your sleep patterns image 

sills - yes it could be worse. For years I've lived under the suspicion of being Jaap Stam's love child. I'd take Dawes and Shearer any day (sorry Jaap). 

I'm a software developer. Used to work for Logica years ago - any connection? Used to play county badminton for Yorkshire when I was younger. Gave it up for rugby when I was 27 (rugby is clearly a natural progression from badminton - Gail Emms and Nathan Roberston are already in training). Any posible links coming to mind sills?

Seren - re. weekend: Christmas tree, mince pies, cheeky port maybe - not necessarily in that order. Thankfully there are no rugby internationals. Scotland were spared another embarrassment last week so Wales provided our slice of weekend disappointment. It's with great pain that I have to tip my hat to the boys in white though for taking down NZ.

Right then, back to work as I have a date with the pavements of Orps at lunch time!

• right my question for today....

what are you hoping to gain from the forums and what do you think you can give to the forumsimage

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

I think I've gained a huge amount already. Before bootcamp I was a little scared about stepping out of the shadows as I didn't know how a lurker would be perceived. I'm so glad I did though. I met some great people and it made the bootcamp experience all the better having shared the anticipation together in the forums first.

The camaraderie on the 26.2 thread has been amazing and I've since taken my first steps away from the 26.2 'nest'. The welcome I've had from other forum members has been brilliant. I've already picked up loads of advise and the banter has been hilarious. It has been suggested that wearing women's underwear is a dead cert. cure for cramp so I intend to try that one out asap! image

I hope, once I sort myself out, I can provide similar help, advice and a warm welcome to fellow lurkers in years to come. I'm sure there must be many others like me who are quick(ish) but are struggling to achieve their marathon potential. If I make it to the final 5 I will definitely be sharing everything I learn, hopefully in a lighthearted way image

I do like a laugh and some of the conversations I've had with people here have had me in stitches. Whatever happens I'm here for the duration - the forums have kept me smiling and kept my nerves at bay as we all wait to see who gets a shot at the big one.

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    seren nos wrote (see)
    HA HA HAimage well spotted there Seren!!!
    seren nos wrote (see)

he wasn't the latest of the contenders to post thoughimage

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Hmm don't think I did that quoting quite right... but it was my first attempt!

Ok Malcs I fess up... got up for my usual nocturnal stroll to bathroom and just couldn't get back to sleep!! ... a visit to the forum fixed that image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    @Malcs - my question for today: if you didn't get through - would you still post on the forum?
  • Still can't place it malcs. All I can think of is that in my previous role I worked as a field engineer for National Instruments covering East London, Kent & Essex...I saw a lot of faces in that role, maybe one was yours?!

• btw, I was very temped to photoshop a pic of the dutch destroyer, but I thought I'd spare you that one!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Bingo sills - that's it! OMG - can't believe it. Yes, LabView, correct? We had lunch at a pub near Lloyd Park in Croydon - April last year. Just looked up the email and guess who's name was at the bottom? image 

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Emmy - I can say yes to that with no hesitation. Obviously this process has been the push to start me posting. Before then I had never even thought of posting here. Having a common point of discussion to bring us in has been great and I feel I've made alot of new friends already. 

It's been great fun interacting and quizzing the experts. I've learned alot already so I'm going nowhere.

Thinking some more - the 26.2 comp is clearly what's brought us into the forums. You'd have to be honest and say that without it many of us would still be lurking around the site. I've posted on some of the other threads now but without the initial feet finding and subsequent introductions from people like yourself Emmy I'm not sure if I would have taken the plunge.

That's not to say that people are not welcoming and friendly - they have been absolutely fantastic. But it's that initial fear that you're walking in on someone else's private party - do you know what I mean? Everyone else knows each other and suddenly you're there wondering whether it's right to join in on the jokes image

So the initial 26.2 thread has been a real success I think. It was a great 'nest' for us all to find our feet on a subject where we all had something in common. For the same reason I think seren's 'lurker fishing' thread is a fantastic idea. Maybe RW could run more comps to bring the lurkers in too?

• There it is malcs! Sorry I didn't recognise you & I thought I was good with faces! You still doing the same thing? I moved into a new role shortly after we met, still want to connect your SW to our HW?!!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Indeed Sarah.

I knew it! Mrs Malcs was quite shocked: "What? You had lunch together and didn't even recognise each other?"

I'm just glad I'm not going mental (at least not over this anyway). Yes, still doing the same thing. I will PM you!

• Hee hee! That's really funny!! image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Gosh that is amazing! 

Malcs who do you play rugby for and at what level?  I'm a big rugby fan!